WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NBA free agency

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Here we go.

Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving to the Nets.

Looks like Lakers have a high chance of signing Kawhi. I can’t see him going to the Clippers but he is a strange guy.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
IMG_5729.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
How pissed and depressed are Knicks fans right now? No KD no Zion etc.

JD D05

Reaction score
I know nobody probably cares but my bro is connected with some of the Jazz people and he has heard they are going to be extremely aggressive this offseason. I think they are after another guy but who knows what will happen of anything.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
KD may never be the same player again. It is a big gamble...IMO. Plus he will be down all next season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
Looks like the Jazz got Bojan Bogdanović

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I’m a Warriors fan, happy to see KD move on. Although they were going to pay him, to much of a unknown.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Just waiting to see if the Clips pull off the KL and Butler deal to add them both. Possibly Horford instead of Butler.

F THE LAKERS!

JD D05

Reaction score
Just waiting to see if the Clips pull off the KL and Butler deal to add them both.

F THE LAKERS!

I would be really cool if they did. But I don't think it would work so well.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Utah took a step up today

Denver will be better with experience

Portland stays in neutral

Lakers...better individually but in jeopardy of not having any quality bench.

GSW is hurting initially but come PO time may be ready to roll again

SA will just do their quiet thing

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Utah took a step up today

Denver will be better with experience

Portland stays in neutral

Lakers...better individually but in jeopardy of not having any quality bench.

GSW is hurting initially but come PO time may be ready to roll again

SA will just do their quiet thing
Lakers would be better off taking the $32 million in cap space and putting a great supporting cast behind their current 3.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Whatever happens, I still won’t be able to afford to go to a lakers game this year! Can’t imagine the prices on stub hub if Kawhi comes too.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Just waiting to see if the Clips pull off the KL and Butler deal to add them both. Possibly Horford instead of Butler.

F THE LAKERS!

Horford went to the 76ers and Butler signed with the heat. I can’t see Kawhi sign with the clippers not but like I said he is a strange cat.

I think he’s going to the Lakers.

JD D05

Reaction score
Horford went to the 76ers and Butler signed with the heat. I can’t see Kawhi sign with the clippers not but like I said he is a strange cat.

I really don't see Kawhi picking the Lakers because of all the drama but who knows with him.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Clippers had their chance years back and couldn't capitalize. They are done......for now.

Kawhi, Lebron, Davis and Kuzma is pretty freaking sick and definitely moves them into top 3 contenders for a championship next year. Damn....looking forward to 2020!!

JD D05

Reaction score
Clippers had their chance years back and couldn't capitalize. They are done......for now.

Kawhi, Lebron, Davis and Kuzma is pretty freaking sick and definitely moves them into top 3 contenders for a championship next year. Damn....looking forward to 2020!!

That's still one short of a team and you dont have Kawhi. LeBron is old and will be hurt a lot here on out....relax

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That's still one short of a team and you dont have Kawhi. LeBron is old and will be hurt a lot here on out....relax
That's why I am on the "find 3 players with that $32 million cap" program.........I think giving that away to one player, really makes the team extremely limited. God forbid one of them goes down.

FishSniper

Reaction score

Lebum and AD will be hurt for half the year and they will have nobody other then those 4. If it happens can't wait to watch them fail.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Who knows whats going to happen at this point. KL is giving the Raps the last meeting. That would be the meeting I want so I say it leans Raps, Clips and the Lakers.

It seems maybe KL is building some trust here and if shit spews from a particular camp they lose out. Just another way to think about it.

Lakers are full of back stabbers and dont know how to keep their mouths shut. Lol.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Warriors get D’ Angelo Russell

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Who knows whats going to happen at this point. KL is giving the Raps the last meeting. That would be the meeting I want so I say it leans Raps, Clips and the Lakers.

It seems maybe KL is building some trust here and if shit spews from a particular camp they lose out. Just another way to think about it.

Lakers are full of back stabbers and dont know how to keep their mouths shut. Lol.

Worst decision possible if KL joins Lakers. Lakers will have $0 to fill the rest of the roster.
Hate to say this, but KL is better off with the Clippers or signing a shorter deal and stay in Canada.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Whats the tax for going over the cap these days? Dad used to do it. Wonder if jeanie has the cash?

CobraDave

Reaction score
Sometimes players threaten to leave to try and up their value. Have meetings with no intention of leaving. I still think KL is staying put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sometimes players threaten to leave to try and up their value. Have meetings with no intention of leaving. I still think KL is staying put.

I agree with that but is not the case here. He will be getting max money where ever he goes or stays.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I agree with that but is not the case here. He will be getting max money where ever he goes or stays.

Yep....

Originally I thought the Clippers had the upper hand and would sign 2 max players. That ship has sailed so I actually would remove them from the situaqtion and say there is a 50/50 shot on either the Lakers or Raptors.

Last year was the Raptors year I'm not sure that squad can continuously make it to the finals and I think KL want's to be closer to home.

I would say it's even $$$ but honestly I don't even think KL knows where he is going...lol

Personally I don't love the situation we have spent a very important day chasing a big fish and all the nice fish are gone. I would have preffered they build a deep solid bench and picked up some shooters.

They still have there mid level exemption (JR smith) but I don't know who else they sign unless people start ring chasing.

Performance Grips

Reaction score
I would say it's definitely between the Lakers and the Clippers. His shoe sponsor is new balance and they want him in LA. They'll pay him more to pick an LA team. I think he picks the Lakers because he can win now and win in the future when Lebron leaves because he and AD will be there for a while.

530RL

Reaction score

I agree but in this case he may be looking at really moving for one reason.

He is a US Citizen so he is paying crazy taxes in the US and Canada and paying a lot of fees to professionals for tax compliance. Worse than even playing for the Knicks where you have to NY City income tax on half your income.

JD D05

Reaction score
I know the Jazz aren't really a big deal to CA folks but they made some really good moves. I actually think they should have traded Gobert and kept Favors personally.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I know the Jazz aren't really a big deal to CA folks but they made some really good moves. I actually think they should have traded Gobert and kept Favors personally.

Jazz have made some great moves....

If the Lakers don't get KL i wouldn't bet against them having the #1 seed in the west. Not sure they are a contender quite yet but a great team.

JD D05

Reaction score
Jazz have made some great moves....

If the Lakers don't get KL i wouldn't bet against them having the #1 seed in the west. Not sure they are a contender quite yet but a great team.

It will be interesting for sure. Gobert has killed them offensively, hopefully these new guys make that go away.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It will be interesting for sure. Gobert has killed them offensively, hopefully these new guys make that go away.

hes not there for that...2 time defensive player of the year. Last year they were limited rubio cant score and they needed to much out of Donovan.

I think they have added enough offense with connolly and bogdonovich(sp)

BajaT

Reaction score
I say KL stays on 1-1 deal with toronto and lakers scramble to get cousins and danny green.....

JD D05

Reaction score
hes not there for that...2 time defensive player of the year. Last year they were limited rubio cant score and they needed to much out of Donovan.

I think they have added enough offense with connolly and bogdonovich(sp)

I get all that but his contract is to big. Name another top NBA team that has a guy in the starting five that flat out can't make a shot. Shit there is maybe 2 or 3 total and that includes Steven Adams.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I think all the teams went after everything they could get, next year can you believe that Green from GS will be the big fish. GS will resign him and after that there’s really nobody left, unless I’m missing someone. On KL if he wanted to stay with the Raptors he would just say so nothing more they can do. I betting the Lakers but no one better go down see GS. I read they will have the most minimum player salaries ever if they sign KL. My guess is Jeanie Buss cannot go over the cap due to she doesn’t have the money to do that, otherwise why wouldn’t they load up. Dan Gilbert gave LBJ anything he wanted and the cap meant nothing like Joe Lacob of GS, he just cuts that check and doesn’t look back.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think all the teams went after everything they could get, next year can you believe that Green from GS will be the big fish. GS will resign him and after that there’s really nobody left, unless I’m missing someone. On KL if he wanted to stay with the Raptors he would just say so nothing more they can do. I betting the Lakers but no one better go down see GS. I read they will have the most minimum player salaries ever if they sign KL. My guess is Jeanie Buss cannot go over the cap due to she doesn’t have the money to do that, otherwise why wouldn’t they load up. Dan Gilbert gave LBJ anything he wanted and the cap meant nothing like Joe Lacob of GS, he just cuts that check and doesn’t look back.

I don't think the hard cap works that way. you can go over signing your players as they progress but nobody on the team was generated in house.

You can't just spend anymore and that's why the small market teams have been doing better in the last 10-15 years.

Biggest reason the GSW have been so dominant is they drafted Curry,Klay and green and had them on light contracts for part of the run. The money is just now catching up with them but it won't matter due to the profits the new stadium will generate. Lakers have all the $$$ especially with AEG owning 40% of the team and the TV deal.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I don't think the hard cap works that way. you can go over signing your players as they progress but nobody on the team was generated in house.

You can't just spend anymore and that's why the small market teams have been doing better in the last 10-15 years.

Biggest reason the GSW have been so dominant is they drafted Curry,Klay and green and had them on light contracts for part of the run. The money is just now catching up with them but it won't matter due to the profits the new stadium will generate. Lakers have all the $$$ especially with AEG owning 40% of the team and the TV deal.

That makes sense, I heard on KNBR in the Bay Area that Lacob saved 100M by KD going to the Nets. You are right about the new Chase arena it’s being reported it will generate 200M in revenue. No available dates already sold out and that’s after Warrior games.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well......Today he meets with the Raps. I am hoping he just comes out and announces today so everybody can get on with it.

I would suspect he would like to enjoy his 4th with this out of the way as well.

Notice there hasn't been a peep from the Clips camp.

On the Lakers side of things info being released on what was talked about, what KL wants, etc.

Seems one camp knows how to keep things within and another camp doesn't know how to keep things internal.

I believe that plays in the Clips favor.

Who the f knows at this point though.....

Singleton

Reaction score
Well......Today he meets with the Raps. I am hoping he just comes out and announces today so everybody can get on with it.

I would suspect he would like to enjoy his 4th with this out of the way as well.

Notice there hasn't been a peep from the Clips camp.

On the Lakers side of things info being released on what was talked about, what KL wants, etc.

Seems one camp knows how to keep things within and another camp doesn't know how to keep things internal.

I believe that plays in the Clips favor.

Who the f knows at this point though.....

Everything leaked from the Lakers has been unnamed sources.
The Lakers need to wake up and realize, Magic is the one doing this and causing the issues.
Jennie needs to completely separate Magic from the organization. IMO, Magic is doing this bc he wants to purchase the Lakers down the road and act like he saved them, when he is the one taking the organization down.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Everything leaked from the Lakers has been unnamed sources.
The Lakers need to wake up and realize, Magic is the one doing this and causing the issues.
Jennie needs to completely separate Magic from the organization. IMO, Magic is doing this bc he wants to purchase the Lakers down the road and act like he saved them, when he is the one taking the organization down.

Interesting take

Socalx09

Reaction score
Kawhi doesn’t like the drama? This is getting ridiculous lol! Just pick a team already!
C103D2FC-4BCE-42A3-84D1-0E07FA73E022.png

048A1FED-976C-4DDD-A7F8-35625AEB0ABF.png
DC48955B-1CE1-47A2-83E3-8AB17AFC265B.png

Performance Grips

Reaction score
Kawhi doesn't like drama? but obviously loves the attention. I think the Lakers still get him. But I would rather that they would have signed 3 good roll players. For a guy that doesn't like drama he sure creates drama everywhere he goes.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Lol.

LFs are holding their breath.

CFs are used to not getting what we want.

TFs or at least some of them on suicide watch.

Who the F knows