WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brian got Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Some of the best boating content. , that is a pretty big statement....

Sounds like the old vic posting

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I got say @BHC Vic you might be stretching it a bit by saying Grads posts anything closely related to “the best boating content” in this site. Grads posts just enough boating content to keep Dave from permanently banning him. Other than that he does nothing for this community or site but intentionally post to piss people off or run people the wrong way by “fishing”. If you really look at it unbiased. Who has caused more friction on this site over the years Brian or Greg??

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Sometimes people think their opinion carries more weight than it does. And kind of get carried away with it. Can be easy to get caught up in.
It’s also the internet, and things can get misinterpreted even more than in real life and snowball.

Grads does post some great boating content. But that doesn’t always seem to be his primary goal.

Brian does seem to be the kind of guy to give you the shirt of his back.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I tried e mailing him but he disabled the address he used for the lottoe pool.

I’d still do the lotto pool...and would meet him for a beer if I was in his area for sure.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
FYI, on my personal business dealings with Brian is he doesn't text well... after a few texts I'm thinking WTF is he all grumped about..I dial him up and everything is good... his words are short and to the point.. (no rambling on like the shit out of my mouth)...
he is a man of his word....

Vic, your Norco home is 20 min from his shop... you'd be singing a different tune if you met the Man....

my personal Business deal, Brian thought I was using him for information.... which I was cause I had no idea what I actually needed... he said DUDE you gotta tell me... he looked at it..Laughed and said this is BITCHEN.. he made a few tweaks... then Perfection was before my Eyes.. (thanks Brian, now only if we can sell some of these LOL)

anyhow.. He's one of the Good guys!!!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
FYI, on my personal business dealings with Brian is he doesn't text well... after a few texts I'm thinking WTF is he all grumped about..I dial him up and everything is good... his words are short and to the point.. (no rambling on like the shit out of my mouth)...
he is a man of his word....

Vic, your Norco home is 20 min from his shop... you'd be singing a different tune if you met the Man....

my personal Business deal, Brian thought I was using him for information.... which I was cause I had no idea what I actually needed... he said DUDE you gotta tell me... he looked at it..Laughed and said this is BITCHEN.. he made a few tweaks... then Perfection was before my Eyes.. (thanks Brian, now only if we can sell some of these LOL)

anyhow.. He's one of the Good guys!!!

RD is king of this domain so he can do as he pleases to anyone's membership here...

That being said, Brian is beyond a stand up guy, i have had several business dealings with him, he does what he says, he stands behind the work, and the parts delivered on time and to the prints. Brian is one of about a half a dozen people on earth that i would be completely comfortable handing him the keys to anything i own, including my shop, and i would be 100% confident that on return everything would be in the same condition it was left.

His personality does not come through on his text posts, but via phone or face to face you 'get it', he is a funny mfer, and has a real dry wit. His text can come across as brash if you've never spoke with him.

Anyway, hopefully this all settles down and we can move on, and this is just a temporary cooling down period for everyone.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I’ll commit the suicide so to say. It amazes me on the shit a few members can say to others yet they are allowed back. Don’t know exactly what Brian said. But if it comes down to being a friend / family member so to say. Pretty fucked up he got banned. I wonder how long my vacation will be. If not permanent. I can say I have never met Brian. So this is strictly 11 plus years on this forum. Plus the other before. Hope everyone has a safe weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
What'n the hell is going on here? Someone get some sand in their vag? Forum mods can be so sensitive.

Brian.. He's one of those guys...

Screenshot_20190706-131724_Google.jpg

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
After reading this thread and making my assessment...
I thought the river was about shenanigans and good times. This isn't kinder care. I always thought of this group as adults who can handle a little shade from time to time. The way I see it, dude got blindsided by someone not involved.

Hoping I'm not going to be banned as well, but... If I do it's because I was talking smack in an open forum.

See ya on the water!
Screenshot_20190706-132400_Google.jpg

JayBreww

Reaction score
BE NICE OR LEAVE...

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Almost... Lol. What happened there, big guy?? Feeling generous?

Only because I’m on my phone and do t want to search back or read all the comment. Vic has always been the I’ll beat your ass guy. Yes lately it’s been better but it’s still Vic.

77charger

Reaction score
Well this is extremely disappointing to read. I know Brian personally and that guy would give the shirt off his back to anyone.

Let's not forget all he did for Carl's family when he passed.

Sure, he is a little corky and vague at times, but who cares. Don't like his comments, scroll past, don't like his threads.....don't open them. It is that simple.

Now I don't know what happened to warrant this, but I am positive there has been worse done in the past by others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Met him before at boat races was a cool guy with me. I guess today's people have different ways of thinking and forums ain't what they use to be.
Use to be able to go on one for help most offered advice today they laugh or slam you for it etc. yeh I'm still old school in my ways but that's just how I am.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ya know guys I said it earlier and I said it again. I don’t have any problems with the guy and wish him the best in life.

Much of what was said in the last posts about his writing style (and reading style for that matter) is very true.

That guy and me are like oil and water even when I try to talk to with with the softest kid gloves I can in text it’s always taken the wrong way. Even with that I always let it go.

That all said I never questioned anyone’s integrity with regard to this, if I had any concern about that he would have never handled any members money on here via the LOTO pool.

Even after I banned Brian I’d trust him with with $$ or a host of other things. It isn’t anything to do with that and I’m surprised it’s even being talked about.

What it had to do with is a variety of different things that had been culminating over the years, into the final thing that again broke the camels back in that thread and subsequent private messages.

Now some of you guys like can sit there and say things, but ask yourselves a question..

With all the shit that happens on here day in and day out we don’t really ban anyone.. Jokes aside about “in before the delete”. We really don’t delete much of anything.

If you think I’m some kinda tyrant running around banning anything little thing that irritates me you’d be mistaken. If ya think we are some sort of strict website, I got news for ya.. We are about the loosest and most forgiving website/forum out there. Other than maybe ones that are just centered around drama and have taglines that say “where The weak get eaten.”

You think it’s unfair? Ya don’t moderate the forum nor are you privy to all the information that I made my decision on.

You aren’t the one receiving pm’s monthly from members asking “what’s with this guy?” Because he keeps pming them things that almost invariably read like “if you have a problem with me”

If ya were more informed you might feel differently.

I don’t make my decisions lightly when it comes to this stuff and it’s one of the reasons rdp has been so successful is because we aren’t quick with the hand or iron fisted.

I weighed the options, and believe me this was the best option for rdp (myself AND wsuwrhr) moving forward.

My biggest regret is I didn’t do it years ago, or try harder to curb the problem instead of letting it fester and build into the behavior that somehow seems normal to “some” (from what they know anyways) today.

It isn’t normal, and I kept blowing it off because I know deep down he’s a good guy and would give anyone the shirt off his back.. I kept blowing it off because were share a ton of mutual friends and I know it’s drama.. I kept blowing it off thinking well fuck it it’s the internet, they’ll get over it.

I’m not making excuses anymore for the behavior. It isn’t normal, it’s weird as fuck and this once it just happened to the wrong people.

So it is what it is.. I ban Brian and my blood pressure gets lower and we all part ways on no bad terms..

RD

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Met him before at boat races was a cool guy with me. I guess today's people have different ways of thinking and forums ain't what they use to be.
Use to be able to go on one for help most offered advice today they laugh or slam you for it etc. yeh I'm still old school in my ways but that's just how I am.

That generally isn’t the case in here and I’m trying to keep it that way.

You ask a question on here and you generally get the help you need.

Unless you ask for a plumber. Than you get told to fire your realtor.. and proceed down a spiral from there..

Which is what brings us to this thread today.

Anyhow back to tv and pain meds for now..

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
I think you canned a guy who kept conversations moving along with clicks ... You have a strong personality as does Brian , if ya keep kicking the sharp but blunt folks off , before long you will be Facebook Dave's.... You really autta think about that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think you canned a guy who kept conversations moving along with clicks ... You have a strong personality as does Brian , if ya keep kicking the sharp but blunt folks off , before long you will be Facebook Dave's.... You really autta think about that.

Well we all are entitled to our opinions.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Well we all are entitled to our opinions.
Right. You laid it out by the numbers. You two aren't compatible. Instead of ignoring like most rational people do, you threw an ego tantrum and dropped the ban hammer.

Ego is one of the most costly things a person can have.

Nordie

Reaction score
Ya know guys I said it earlier and I said it again. I don’t have any problems with the guy and wish him the best in life.

Much of what was said in the last posts about his writing style (and reading style for that matter) is very true.

That guy and me are like oil and water even when I try to talk to with with the softest kid gloves I can in text it’s always taken the wrong way. Even with that I always let it go.

That all said I never questioned anyone’s integrity with regard to this, if I had any concern about that he would have never handled any members money on here via the LOTO pool.

Even after I banned Brian I’d trust him with with $$ or a host of other things. It isn’t anything to do with that and I’m surprised it’s even being talked about.

What it had to do with is a variety of different things that had been culminating over the years, into the final thing that again broke the camels back in that thread and subsequent private messages.

Now some of you guys like can sit there and say things, but ask yourselves a question..

With all the shit that happens on here day in and day out we don’t really ban anyone.. Jokes aside about “in before the delete”. We really don’t delete much of anything.

If you think I’m some kinda tyrant running around banning anything little thing that irritates me you’d be mistaken. If ya think we are some sort of strict website, I got news for ya.. We are about the loosest and most forgiving website/forum out there. Other than maybe ones that are just centered around drama and have taglines that say “where The weak get eaten.”

You think it’s unfair? Ya don’t moderate the forum nor are you privy to all the information that I made my decision on.

You aren’t the one receiving pm’s monthly from members asking “what’s with this guy?” Because he keeps pming them things that almost invariably read like “if you have a problem with me”

If ya were more informed you might feel differently.

I don’t make my decisions lightly when it comes to this stuff and it’s one of the reasons rdp has been so successful is because we aren’t quick with the hand or iron fisted.

I weighed the options, and believe me this was the best option for rdp (myself AND wsuwrhr) moving forward.

My biggest regret is I didn’t do it years ago, or try harder to curb the problem instead of letting it fester and build into the behavior that somehow seems normal to “some” (from what they know anyways) today.

It isn’t normal, and I kept blowing it off because I know deep down he’s a good guy and would give anyone the shirt off his back.. I kept blowing it off because were share a ton of mutual friends and I know it’s drama.. I kept blowing it off thinking well fuck it it’s the internet, they’ll get over it.

I’m not making excuses anymore for the behavior. It isn’t normal, it’s weird as fuck and this once it just happened to the wrong people.

So it is what it is.. I ban Brian and my blood pressure gets lower and we all part ways on no bad terms..

RD
In a way I was going to defend Brian, but how can you follow up with that. Sometimes it is best to go your separate ways lol. I did that with my 1st divorce.

I really have no idea what unfolded, but I knew Brian way before the forums. Strictly by accident did I notice he was on here and PB. The beginnings of knowing Brian however RD, you hit the nail on the head (wtf is up with this dude)

It wasn't until a couple months ago, dealing with engineers that I realized they all seem to have that black or white personality.

Just glad to be part of the forum, until I go absent again.

Reactions: DWC

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
This is a result of years and years of back and forth between Dave and Brian. You guys don’t see what goes on in the RDP headquarters with hundreds of group text messages between me, RD, and Mel over the years.

There has been so many times that banning Brian had come up in the past but ultimately we just let it go.

I have nothing against Brian personally and think he’s a nice person but he’s always challenging RD just for the hell of it and after a while it gets old. I didn’t see the thread in question but I’m sure it had to be something that went over the line for RD to ban someone, even Brian.

At this point it’s done and over with. Hopefully some time in the future things will change. Time heals all.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Right. You laid it out by the numbers. You two aren't compatible. Instead of ignoring like most rational people do, you threw an ego tantrum and dropped the ban hammer.

I don't have anything bad to say about Brian personally. He's always been cool to me online. What has resulted in Dave banning him, however, has been going on since before you were a member here. I've seen a lot of the behind the scenes conversations and happenings that no one on the boards has a clue about and as Shintooo said it goes way beyond one thread.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
This is a result of years and years of back and forth between Dave and Brian. You guys don’t see what goes on in the RDP headquarters with hundreds of group text messages between me, RD, and Mel over the years.

There has been so many times that banning Brian had come up in the past but ultimately we just let it go.

I have nothing against Brian personally and think he’s a nice person but he’s always challenging RD just for the hell of it and after a while it gets old. I didn’t see the thread in question but I’m sure it had to be something that went over the line for RD to ban someone, even Brian.

At this point it’s done and over with. Hopefully some time in the future things will change. Time heals all.

Accountants suck. :D

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Productivity at the macheen shop must be skyrocketing.

Sad to see things came down to this.

Whatchagonnadoaboutit....

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
This is isn't my first time on a forum. Like many of you already know, this is how they die. Like it or not and regardless of ownership, RiverDaves is a living entity. An ecosystem made up of its members.

Nobody wants to be told what they can and can't say in private message. Especially on an internet forum.

God forbid you say something in private about one of the forum owners buddies...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is isn't my first time on a forum. Like many of you already know, this is how they die. Like it or not and regardless of ownership, RiverDaves is a living entity. An ecosystem made up of its members.

Nobody wants to be told what they can and can't say in private message. Especially on an internet forum.

God forbid you say something in private about one of the forum owners buddies...

I said the same thing and was told I was being a bully :)

It’s River Dave’s Place. If we don’t like it it is our own fault for signing up in the first place. We knew what it is/was, it is right at the top of the page lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

There is no situation between myself and a Brian. Brian had a situation between some friends of mine.. Brian has a situation about three times a month with people on here, and then proceeds to send them crazy pm’s (some, not all I’m sure, have been forwarded to me asking for a wtf is with this guy). Brian has run several great people off of here because he somehow thinks he is the end alll god of machining on rdp.. (which is a whole different subject) and I have been biting my lip for years about it, and making excuses for it..

When Brian got rude with the lady that literally hosts my family in both their Routinely I found myself out of excuses and Brian hit the road.. and that about where that ends.

Now if you’d like to enroll in some reading comprehension classes down at the local school I’d suggest starting in about grade 4 because other than you just trying to be a dick to me regarding a situation that has nothing to do with you there is no plausible way you can take what I have written in the past or present and extrapolate your conclusions out of it.

RD

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
It’s River Dave’s Place. If we don’t like it it is our own fault for signing up in the first place. We knew what it is/was, it is right at the top of the page lol.

I'm not that active on here anymore for a few reasons; however, I was part of a forum relating to my main hobby years ago. Management became difficult so myself and a couple others got us some VBulletin...

Using authority to further personal agenda is generally poor form.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not that active on here anymore for a few reasons; however, I was part of a forum relating to my main hobby years ago. Management became difficult so myself and a couple others got us some VBulletin...

How’d that forum going.. lol. Wanna compare numbers? :D.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Now if you’d like to enroll in some reading comprehension classes down at the local school I’d suggest starting in about grade 4 because other than you just trying to be a dick to me regarding a situation that has nothing to do with you there is no plausible way you can take what I have written in the past or present and extrapolate your conclusions out of it.

RD

Personal attacks already... Unfortunate. With that being said, I shall take my leave.

But I gotta say, that has to be the longest sentence I've read in a long time.
I learned grammar in third grade.

Peace out, your highness.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Personal attacks already... Unfortunate. With that being said, I shall take my leave.

But I gotta say, that has to be the longest sentence I've read in a long time.
I learned grammar in third grade.

Peace out, your highness.

Just being honest.. you keep saying it’s because of ego. I’m about the mellowest guy you’d ever meet.

My run on sentence is what it is, but none the less it would still be difficult to understand your conclusions from what was said. I just spelled it out a little clearer for you.

Getting pm’s from random members several times a month asking me wtf.. constantly making excuses only to have the guy attack a friend of mine etc..

The defense isn’t “well I didn’t know it was your friend”. It’s why is this happening over and over to begin with.

How did this behavior become ok? It isn’t.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Oh I’m aware of exactly how it goes. When a forum is more trouble than its worth, people move on.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Nothing but respect for you shin. But this is bullshit. If it’s going to be about someone is offended then make make it that way for all. Fuck. Not just someone persons personal feelings. Like I said. I’m probably gonna be banned but fixk it. If that the way the game is played so be it.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Nothing but respect for you shin. But this is bullshit. If it’s going to be about someone is offended then make make it that way for all. Fuck. Not just someone persons personal feelings. Like I said. I’m probably gonna be banned but fixk it. If that the way the game is played so be it.

We don’t ban people that easily. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do 49 more bans of high volume posters and ask the question again :)

But you did what you had to do. It is your forum.

Did I miss the other 48?

Again this isn’t about someone being offended.. it’s about unacceptable and unchecked behavior going on for years that I was waaayyyy to lenient on for waaayyy to long.

Feel free to offend me, but don’t be all shocked and appalled if I don’t lay down like a door matte as in the case of cold steel above.

We run this place as fair as I know how to. We run it loosely and not trigger happy on the ban button..

It’s generally one person a year or less that gets the ace and that usually stems from some personal axe that they have to try and harm the site as a whole, not from them having some opinion on a subject.

Whatever.. it’s 4th if July weekend, we are off to go have fun and post pics of said fun, which is what the core (thst and custom builds etc) of the site is about.. not arguing about something that literally has nothing to do with anyone in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.