WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

First bicyclists and now runners

4Waters

Reaction score
There bastards wouldn't move out of the way, I had to follow them down the street and then they went left as that is the direction I needed to go as well.

20190728_095130.jpg

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Looks like Simi. Those look like the town homes on the street of the funeral home. I forget the name .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but in the idea of self preservation I have always tried to stay away from large things that weigh thousands of pounds traveling at high rates of speed.

The new narcissistic way of thinking though is not only do those things need to wait for me, they need to wait for the world to revolve around me as well.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Tread lightly ! It's simi valley . Right now there is a local Facebook page going nuts with middle age women talking about how dare a vehicle drive on the road while they were jogging ! Lol

4Waters

Reaction score
I guess if you are in that big of a hurry, you should have left earlier.

Dan'l
Guess I'm going to have to leave an hour earlier to drive what used to be 5min across town.

4Waters

Reaction score
Tread lightly ! It's simi valley . Right now there is a local Facebook page going nuts with middle age women talking about how dare a vehicle drive on the road while they were jogging ! Lol
This was probably them, pretty soon cars will have to be on the sidewalk.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
small world, sold the Hilldale house in 2006 (just on other side of house on left, tall trees) my brother and I did the flagstone porch, pathway and light. I bought it in 91 and raised my family there. goodtimes

4Waters

Reaction score
these people are putting a lot of trust in the drivers on the roads... playing in the street with your back to the flow of traffic....

Seems like natural selection is handing out opportunities lately....
And most of those drivers are looking at their phones.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As kids we all played in the streets but if a car came we certainly made sure to gtf out of the way.
Just have a hard time with this new way of thinking only their rules apply:oops:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The new narcissistic way of thinking though is not only do those things need to wait for me, they need to wait for the world to revolve around me as well.

Well worth quoting and saving for a later date. ;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I bet he yells at the kids playing sports in the street....CAR!!!! lol :)
That's what the sentry crow says repeatedly to his buddies eating tossed out mcDs trash down on the street.:p:D

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol I run like that all the time. It has to do with the curve of the street over miles banging my knees and hips out of alignment. A simple honk would have worked Is my guess.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
It's illegal to walk/run in the street in the same direction as traffic. But I woulda got right up on their ass and laid on the horn.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

they where running and facing the traffic from the other direction, they just happened to use the middle for it.

4Waters

Reaction score
Lol I run like that all the time. It has to do with the curve of the street over miles banging my knees and hips out of alignment. A simple honk would have worked Is my guess.
Nope

2Driver

Reaction score
Our neighborhood is a destination ride for road bicyclist. They flip you off if you pass them or gently tap your horn but then they blow stop signs and swing into oncoming lanes on turns. One rider went wide into the oncoming lane on a blind turn and went head on into a pickup, but still managed to sue and win his case despite witness photos.

Fast forward,
My wife’s driving out of the neighborhood 25 mph and passes a road biker on a hill, at the next stop sign he blows through it and cuts off my wife, as if to say fuck you for passing me. Same thing happens again, wife passes, bike catches her at the stop and he blows the intersection and hard swings it around the front of her car. At the 3rd stop sign the same thing happens only he’s going to make his point and really hard swings it in front of my wife, but this time he looses it and filets himself in the intersection in front of my wife’s car. Karma

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Runners , bicyclist and hikers have all joined the Sierra club . If what your doing does not align with them you are in the wrong . The next time little johnys mom does not come home because she thought it was a good idea to run in the street maybe people will get it .

4Waters

Reaction score
Runners , bicyclist and hikers have all joined the Sierra club . If what your doing does not align with them you are in the wrong . The next time little johnys mom does not come home because she thought it was a good idea to run in the street maybe people will get it .
Lil Johnny is too busy pissing off his teacher to notice anyway. LOL

rvrrun

Reaction score
As kids we all played in the streets but if a car came we certainly made sure to gtf out of the way.
Just have a hard time with this new way of thinking only their rules apply:oops:
Freedom is absolute and unconditional now, feel free to yell “fire” in a theater.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm a hard core cyclist and just got back from four hours on the bike. Im also a hardcore conservative and getting more every day. I always make a point to get over as far as possible for drivers and I expect them to do the same which in general most do what they can to give me a full lane but many try and kill me.

As for most cyclists they are entitled pricks. As for runners they seem even worse. Don't want to be stereotyped, don't be stereotypical.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm a hard core cyclist and just got back from four hours on the bike. Im also a hardcore conservative and getting more every day. I always make a point to get over as far as possible for drivers and I expect them to do the same which in general most do what they can to give me a full lane but many try and kill me.

As for most cyclists they are entitled pricks. As for runners they seem even worse. Don't want to be stereotyped, don't be stereotypical.

Stereotypes and cliches work. You are the exception. :D

That whole don’t label me pc BS is how we got to where we are at now!

Your ad here

Reaction score
Our neighborhood is a destination ride for road bicyclist. They flip you off if you pass them or gently tap your horn but then they blow stop signs and swing into oncoming lanes on turns. One rider went wide into the oncoming lane on a blind turn and went head on into a pickup, but still managed to sue and win his case despite witness photos.

Fast forward,
My wife’s driving out of the neighborhood 25 mph and passes a road biker on a hill, at the next stop sign he blows through it and cuts off my wife, as if to say fuck you for passing me. Same thing happens again, wife passes, bike catches her at the stop and he blows the intersection and hard swings it around the front of her car. At the 3rd stop sign the same thing happens only he’s going to make his point and really hard swings it in front of my wife, but this time he looses it and filets himself in the intersection in front of my wife’s car. Karma
One time coming back from Ocotillo Wells there was a pedal bike rally on SR79. After waiting forever to get the chance to pass about 300' of cyclist I hung my ass out the window. Reactions were funny. My cousin did the same thing but someone slapped his ass. lol

96motorhead

Reaction score
One time coming back from Ocotillo Wells there was a pedal bike rally on SR79. After waiting forever to get the chance to pass about 300' of cyclist I hung my ass out the window. Reactions were funny. My cousin did the same thing but someone slapped his ass. lol
I've driven past what seemed like a cyclist event a couple times in the windy part going into and exiting Ocotillo Wells near scissors crossing. It's been a few years since I've seen the event now. I can't believe how stupid people are.

wayniac

Reaction score

well, this makes 2 of us. I love to ride more than drive.. love hiking and nature, but hate the sierra club... just started collecting stuff for a 3 day hike in Yosemite.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
well, this makes 2 of us. I love to ride more than drive.. love hiking and nature, but hate the sierra club... just started collecting stuff for a 3 day hike in Yosemite.

You sound like my wife and I. I am a conservative, conservationist, capitalist, gun toting health nut. Dems don't understand how I can like capitalism and the environment; their heads just spin. hahaha! :D The Sierra Club was a great organization at one time up until around the early 80s then it just became a radical left wing nut job group.

I ride my bike to work 10 miles each day to work most of the week. I think I may put a Trump sticker on my commuter bike and really blow people's minds. Some fucktard in a Prius with a rainbow flag and Bern sticker will probably try and run me off the road though. :D

Funny, there are days I'll be out riding and a lifted diesel truck with dirt bikes in the back will wait a while to safely pass giving me a full lane. Then a dipshit in VW van with libtard stickers will almost run me off the road. Many liberals seem to be pissed off a lot and take it out on everyone. Sad.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
@beaverretriever Funny post!

I run, ride bikes in Simi Valley and try to stay the F#ck out of the way! In fact I stay on the dirt 90% of the time! I have experienced the same thing going up the Santa Susana pass in the AM, trucks will give me all the room and foreign sedans will pretend Im not there! I am all for honking with plenty of room for them to freak out and stop in front of me, most people have their headphones in a can't hear Sh!t

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
It all comes down to sharing the road. If I make any kind of gesture to look like I am trying to be over as far as I can in general drivers see that and most drivers give me room. If a driver passes me and gives me the full lane safely they ALWAYS get a wave from me. Honestly it's the law and that's what they should do, but I am not some entitled asshole and want to make sure they know I really appreciate them sparing my life.

I have noticed if one car gives me room, the rest that see that usually follow suit. Unfortunately the opposite happens as well :(

Most of the time it's just me riding by myself and easy to get over. If it is my wife and I, we ride single file on roads that just don't have room. Again, it's just about being responsible. If everyone just tries a little it can save lives, road rage etc.