WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disney Legacy

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
This is definitely a LAM thread but I’m pretty proud of it so here goes. I received the Disney Legacy Award today, the highest honor given to a Disney Cast member worldwide. I’ve dedicated the past 36 years of my life trying to do quality work as a performer, leader, and educator always with the ideals Walt Disney inspired his cast members to be. I suppose at the end of the day, we all want to be recognized and appreciated for our hard work. There will be a formal dinner and awards celebration in a couple months which should be pretty cool. Today was a good day!
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_5164.jpg
IMG_3749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That is an impressive achievement and you deserve the recognition. It takes a unique quality in a individual to be considered, it’s a hall of fame moment.

Too damn cool. Great job [emoji106]

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Conratulations! I'd love to hear your story. I'm a huge Disney fan, and credit him in part for my interest in drawing and design, which has paid the bills in my house for 29 years.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Besides the fact that the company you work for goes to that length to recognize your tenure... Being in the same job for 36 years deserves recognition, no matter where you work!

Congrats Kurt!

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Conratulations! I'd love to hear your story. I'm a huge Disney fan, and credit him in part for my interest in drawing and design, which has paid the bills in my house for 29 years.

That's awesome! I'd love to hear your story as well.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Congratulations Kurt, well deserved for sure.
Our world could use a lot more people like yourself.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Awesome and congrats! It's kind of crazy to think that I'm 35, and you've probably been there for the majority of the hundreds of times I've been to Disneyland.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Way to go!!!! When should RDP members expect the invites to the dinner?

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I’m finally getting a break and will be in Havasu August 9-15. I’d love to have a beer or two with any of the inmates that want to hang. In town or on the water is good with me![emoji481]

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Pretty darn cool. For those of us out of the know; what kind of performances do you do? In the park I assume?

I lead and play (trumpet) in a few groups in the park. Conductor/playing leader of the Disneyland Band, leader of the Pearly Band (Mary Poppins), leader of the Fanfare Trumpets and clinician for Disney Performing Arts, working with Middle and High School Bands and Orchestras recording cues to Disney animation. As leader of those groups, I’m involved with casting, rehearsing, and creative content. It’s been a fun gig!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Very cool Kurt! Congratulations and thank you for all the smiles you bring to my kids' faces when we are there.

Taboma

Reaction score
Never had the privilege of meeting you, yet I doubt I could be any more proud of you and your accomplishments if I had --- Bravo Sir
Thumbs up-sm.jpg

Growing up nearby, I was a Disney regular during my youth (That was a very very long time ago :eek: :D) but my last visit was maybe 25 years ago.
Looking forward to returning and hearing you perform.
Again, congratulations :):)