WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The homeless suck

nrbr

Reaction score
Wife is pulling into the parking lot at work last week in riverside(Kaiser) and this crazed homeless guy charges outta the bushes and fast pitches a rock into her car! Right before this he had been at social services office where he grabbed one of the ladies computer off her desk and threw it at her. He would go on to fuck up 2 more cars then assault somebody at 7 /11 down the street before being arrested. Another coworker of hers got a rock to the car 2 days later same area la Sierra.
Resized_IMG_4212.jpeg
Shit is getting nuts out there.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks. Looks like the door will need to be re-skinned.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That sux.
Drug addicts and mentally ill mostly.
LA Mayor being called out for the massive earmarked $$ disappears down a black hole and not admitting it’s mostly mentally ill and addicts.

I was turning off the 395 business route onto Church St with the Toy hauler and the bastard stopped in the crosswalk and wouldn’t let me pass.
Fucked up traffic real bad and he felt real good about it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
They may replace the entire door.
AAA and Progressive don’t like body work on doors. They change them out.

We were backed into with similar damage and the body shop said that’s how most the insurance companies roll now with doors and tailgates.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Wife is pulling into the parking lot at work last week in riverside(Kaiser) and this crazed homeless guy charges outta the bushes and fast pitches a rock into her car! Right before this he had been at social services office where he grabbed one of the ladies computer off her desk and threw it at her. He would go on to fuck up 2 more cars then assault somebody at 7 /11 down the street before being arrested. Another coworker of hers got a rock to the car 2 days later same area la Sierra. View attachment 786599 Shit is getting nuts out there.

According to Bobby they have always been there and no biggie no matter what city you live in.:D
That sucks glad your wife didn't get hurt this shit is getting out of hand!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That area is ghetto over there...I hate going there.
That area, La Sierra, was called the armpit of the IE 40 years ago. Can only imagine what it's like now ...it must be the buthole of the IE.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Drugs and mentally ill..... Mostly drugs, so many of the "mentally ill" are actually drug related. My parents were in the mental health industry up until recently (retired) and specialized on the drug side of things. Many social workers firmly believe that if we could just get this recent new mental illness with this person handled the drug issue would magically go away..... the reality is usually its the other way around, get the drug thing under control and the mental illness will slowly fade away. Of course this is assuming they have not done permanent damage. This is more common that given credit for as only the extreme cases are clearly documented along with rarely having a baseline on a person to start with.
But hey, we just haven't given them enough free stuff.........

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Happy your wife didn't get a rock through the glass, that could have been a whole different outcome. Sad that you can't get a hunting permit for them...live like an animal, be treated as such.

...and no, I don't have much compassion.

eliminate-her

Reaction score
Insurance won't cover it?

Grady Garrison's Inc. Paint & Auto Body in Corona did one hell of a job ours after SF bums destroyed ours.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
He's fixing my son's car right now.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Another vote for Grady Garrison. The work on the car and the paperwork always gets handled the right way. It is worth your time to check them out.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
That sucks. Wife called me yesterday telling me that one of them followed her to her car asking for money at the Sprouts in La Verne yesterday which is not okay. Walking with the kids.

Father in Law ended up getting in a scuffle with one of them a few months ago when he said he didn't have any money so the guy decided to attack him.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That sucks. Wife called me yesterday telling me that one of them followed her to her car asking for money at the Sprouts in La Verne yesterday which is not okay. Walking with the kids.

Father in Law ended up getting in a scuffle with one of them a few months ago when he said he didn't have any money so the guy decided to attack him.
I hear all the time the problem is getting worse. Before I jumped ship, I had been working in South Central, and other great places. It was bad then. I grew up in the East San Gabriel Valley...San Dimas Sheriffs knew my cars well. It always seemed so far removed from the LA problems. Pomona had it's issues, but they stopped south of Arrow. La Verne 10 years ago you never really saw a beggar or such. Sad state of affairs.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score

Riverside is especially full of violent nutjob addicts, I could write a book...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Drugs and mentally ill..... Mostly drugs, so many of the "mentally ill" are actually drug related. My parents were in the mental health industry up until recently (retired) and specialized on the drug side of things. Many social workers firmly believe that if we could just get this recent new mental illness with this person handled the drug issue would magically go away..... the reality is usually its the other way around, get the drug thing under control and the mental illness will slowly fade away. Of course this is assuming they have not done permanent damage. This is more common that given credit for as only the extreme cases are clearly documented along with rarely having a baseline on a person to start with.
But hey, we just haven't given them enough free stuff.........

I tend to believe that Drug Abuse is a Mental Illness. Most of these folks have been In & Out of Rehab many times, and this is where the mental illness kicks in. They just go right out and do it all over again. It's Insanity!!! Eventually we as a society are going to have to address this problem for what it is. I've never seen so many people living on the streets, it's an epidemic!!!

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I hear all the time the problem is getting worse. Before I jumped ship, I had been working in South Central, and other great places. It was bad then. I grew up in the East San Gabriel Valley...San Dimas Sheriffs knew my cars well. It always seemed so far removed from the LA problems. Pomona had it's issues, but they stopped south of Arrow. La Verne 10 years ago you never really saw a beggar or such. Sad state of affairs.

Nope. They were out of sight and that's where the police wanted them, otherwise they go to jail. These days, they get free reign to do what they want, where they want, and when they want. Driving to an event the other day, I saw a guy face down, arms at his side, passed out on a busy sidewalk. Free reign everywhere.

myowndrum

Reaction score
Another vote for Grady Garrison.

I am a lifetime resident of Norco/Corona and currently Riverside. Riv and Corona (Norco holding up pretty good) are out of control. Its fuking terrible.

JD D05

Reaction score
Last winter I was in downtown SLC and went to eat at a place called Red Rock. I ordered a pot pie but did not eat any of it and took it to go. As we are leaving I see a homeless guy and asks him if he is hungry? He says yes sir I am very hungry...So I say would you like this food I did not take one bite etc and he takes it from me and says thank you. I get 20 feet away walking to the car and hear a splat. He opened it all up and threw it against the side of the building.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

Yup had someone follow me in the walmart parking lot to my car while I was carrying my son. Waited until I got to the car to start trying to ask. Handed the kid to the wife and walked him away from the car while she got the kids buckled. I dont need some crazy guy waiting for an opportunity...

nrbr

Reaction score
Another vote for Grady Garrison. The work on the car and the paperwork always gets handled the right way. It is worth your time to check them out.
10 4 will do thanks guys

nameisbond

Reaction score
I hate grocery shopping here. Since we use a dollar coin, most grocery stores have carts that work on deposit via our dollar coin. The fuckers hang out at the cart return wanting the dollar...…… At least one store here has added security guards for the parking lot.

STV_Keith

Reaction score

Sounds like you need to get him/them some pepper spray.

84miller

Reaction score
Glad your wife is ok, car sucks. Yes this happens way too often. Go to the running section of any sporting goods store and get pepper spray with mace. Give it to your wives to have in hand when walking alone. Also tell them to remember they have a car alarm button on the remote. Tell them to start yelling "stranger danger" any time they mace or alarm car loud and continual. Going home and calling or writing the establishment where it occurs also helps. The owners/managers will do something about it if enough complaints come in. I have a friend, lady, that gets approached way too many times in parking lots with some coming outta nowhere when she gets to her car. Also, as men, keep a eye open when you are in a parking lot, watch for women getting harassed and be ready to aide.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Go with a good shop and get the door skin replaced. Try and a avoid a new door shell. It is more work to re skin, but your current door fits the opening. I went through six new doors a couple years ago on an Audi to find one that was a decent fit. New factory replacement parts are not always best in all situations.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Back in the day hanging at a friend's house one of the girls that live there came back from the market visibly shaken. She was accosted by some high-powered sales dude in the parking lot.
Me and a buddy said really?
Went back up there and found the guy putting the pressure on another woman. You could tell the guy was amped. we approached the guy het woman looked thankful, then scared when she realized we were going to have a talk with the guy.
She hauled ass. We assumed he figured out how to get back to his car.
It's a b**** but you just have to be situationally aware.
had to fight off some homeless guy atCarl's Junior once when I had my kid with me when he was about four. Squared up on him and said I'll kill you mother f***** and came after him. By the time he turned around and realized I wasn't chasing him, I was in the car driving off.:D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
When my daughter was younger I took her to McDonalds for a happy meal. Decided to show her how to treat others and bought a happy meal for the vagrant asking for money for food out front. We walked out and I handed him the happy meal and he threw it in the trash. Told my daughter our heart was in the right place and vowed to never give them anything from that point in

Last winter I was in downtown SLC and went to eat at a place called Red Rock. I ordered a pot pie but did not eat any of it and took it to go. As we are leaving I see a homeless guy and asks him if he is hungry? He says yes sir I am very hungry...So I say would you like this food I did not take one bite etc and he takes it from me and says thank you. I get 20 feet away walking to the car and hear a splat. He opened it all up and threw it against the side of the building.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Wife is pulling into the parking lot at work last week in riverside(Kaiser) and this crazed homeless guy charges outta the bushes and fast pitches a rock into her car! Right before this he had been at social services office where he grabbed one of the ladies computer off her desk and threw it at her. He would go on to fuck up 2 more cars then assault somebody at 7 /11 down the street before being arrested. Another coworker of hers got a rock to the car 2 days later same area la Sierra. View attachment 786599 Shit is getting nuts out there.

HOW DARE YOU !!!!He was expressin his self. Homeless lives matter

Yellowboat

Reaction score
When my daughter was younger I took her to McDonalds for a happy meal. Decided to show her how to treat others and bought a happy meal for the vagrant asking for money for food out front. We walked out and I handed him the happy meal and he threw it in the trash. Told my daughter our heart was in the right place and vowed to never give them anything from that point in
About 10 years ago I was in a bad part of town one a cold rainy night at ~1 am. I was filling up the work truck
K and noticed a man sitting huddle up against the building trying to stay warm. I bought him a cup of coffee, only too have it thrown in my face. Luckily the sac pd were there filling up as well. The imeditaley took action and pulled me off of him. Turns out guy had got out the day before. That was the last time I bought anythi g for a homeless person.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Yup had someone follow me in the walmart parking lot to my car while I was carrying my son. Waited until I got to the car to start trying to ask. Handed the kid to the wife and walked him away from the car while she got the kids buckled. I dont need some crazy guy waiting for an opportunity...

Had this exact same situation happen a few times. Fortunately I have witnessed other non-tweaker citizens looking out for each other in these scenarios, so there is some awareness out there.

Backlash

Reaction score
The homeless population is out of control here in the LA area. It is absolutely ridiculous the environment that we law abiding tax payers are being forced to live in and deal with. There is no end in sight and no reasonable solution on the horizon. It's only going to get worse.

Late last night, I cruised through the local big box store parking lot on my way to grab a bite. You know, just taking a quick shortcut. As I'm sliding through the lot in the pitch black night, my headlights passed over what looked like a statue. It was a man standing motionless in the center of the parking lot. I turn around to check on him and make sure he's OK. I get within 15-20' of him and can see an empty, lifeless look on his face. The guy looked like a zombie, only worse. I stop and yell out the window "Hey Bud, you OK?"

"I'm cleaning up the earth."

Nope. Nothing I can do for him. I'm out.

As I was driving out the parking lot to finish what I'd started, I saw shopping carts EVERYWHERE. He was taking the shopping carts and pushing each of them to the edges of the parking lot in the middle of the night. Each and every one of the carts was facing outwards away from the store.

Didn't care if it was a drug issue or a mental health issue, or both. There was nothing I could say or do to "Fix" that guy. He was on another planet. And I know we as a society are going to encounter more and more people like that until our lazy ass government pulls their heads out and decides to start working on a plan to eradicate these drains on our society.

gqchris

Reaction score

Damn, this is the scary part about these nut jobs. Back when I worked as an EMT in Vegas, I saw a tourist bleed out that was stabbed in the neck with a bowie knife when he didnt give money to a homeless dude on the strip. It stuck in my head to this day. I was only 21. He looked up and asked me,"Am I dying?". His wife was screaming. They were from Australia.

Fast Forward to 6 or so years ago, a homeless guy threw a molotiv cocktail in a guys car that was parking at a 7 Eleven in Long Beach. Same situation. He told the guy no money. He burned to death.

So I am always on high alert with these nut jobs, Scares the shit out of me since they get so close to you when they approach. If they stab you, you're done, CCW or not. No time to react! I always try to give my self reactionary room and distance.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
There was nothing I could say or do to "Fix" that guy.

Working in downtown LB I've honestly I've given up on even being nice at this point. Theres too many, too far gone. No food, not even acknowledgement that they exist. Dude wants to stand in the middle of a parking lot in the middle of the night, fine by me. Like others have mentioned the risk of attack is just too high. I dont want my kids to grow up without a father because I tried to give some guy help and he stabs me.

Local businesses are fed up as well. The 7-11 on the corner of broadway and pine blasts classical music 24-7 trying to keep them away from the front of their store. Its so bad you cant even get in the door. I cant imagine how some of the businesses in that skid row area in downtown LA can bother other than the cost to move is too high.

nrbr

Reaction score
Glad your wife is ok, car sucks. Yes this happens way too often. Go to the running section of any sporting goods store and get pepper spray with mace. Give it to your wives to have in hand when walking alone. Also tell them to remember they have a car alarm button on the remote. Tell them to start yelling "stranger danger" any time they mace or alarm car loud and continual. Going home and calling or writing the establishment where it occurs also helps. The owners/managers will do something about it if enough complaints come in. I have a friend, lady, that gets approached way too many times in parking lots with some coming outta nowhere when she gets to her car. Also, as men, keep a eye open when you are in a parking lot, watch for women getting harassed and be ready to aide.
Neighbor is le and gave her a sweet taser!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I got my daughter, 24 works nites at the hospital, a double shot peoper spray gun.
looks like a toy water pistol. small holster. 25' range. non lethal but very strong. A cop friend recommended it.
Told her it wont do you any good in your back pack going to and from your car.....

sintax

Reaction score
Insurance won't cover it?

Grady Garrison's Inc. Paint & Auto Body in Corona did one hell of a job ours after SF bums destroyed ours.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

I can second Garrison's, i've used them as well. I've also had good luck with Ben Clymers's on Magnolia in Riverside as well