WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pool cost,,wow

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
is $450 a foot around the perimeter the going rate in Havasu? About 30x16.My first quote . add $10k to add 2 24” ribbon water fall features on a 2 step up ,raised portion on their own pump. Mini pebble bottom 8’ Deep. No Baja shelf. Crawler vacuum cleaner.($46k total)
That was sandcastle
Appointment with mojave next week.
MVR called 3 times now, no answer.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I cannot even imagine trying to build a pool today in Havasu. MVR did ours in 2012 and it was awesome.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
In LA area I was getting quotes last month of 45k for a basic 14x28 rectangle or 15x30 free form, with jacuzzi, basic tile and coping only - no surrounding concrete. Plaster finish, nothing fancy but a 400k BTU heater and a variable speed pump. That’s with permits. Labor is Havasu is probably available cheaper, but maybe not because I bet it isn’t as readily available. Your price seems comparable to what I was quoted, and the outfit i had quote mine is known as a “budget” builder compared to many.

82daytona

Reaction score
Watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sangerdog

Reaction score
MVR ALL THE WAY. Pools are not cheap right now with economy up and every contractor out there working.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
MVR ALL THE WAY. Pools are not cheap right now with economy up and every contractor out there working.
Since he doesn’t answer the phone, I think he is out, and I thought they would all be booked out too, I planed on starting in December, sandcastle would start in 3 weeks if I wanted, same with mojave. So it’s seems they are not slammed

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
That’s pretty much the going rate in today’s economy. Make sure to get a contractor locked down ASAP with a guaranteed start date (and end date). Lead times are Krazy today in Havasu, everybody wants pools!!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ours was $110k, not sure off hand of the perimeter length, it’s 57 by 32, four pumps, floor pop ups, travertine coming, four tables, four stools, two Baja shelfs, 10 by 12 spa, 2 fire pots, 3 laminar flows, two floor bubblers and all of the wireless phone control stuff, 8 led lights, Sandcastle built it, roughly 5 months it took.

No patio around it, that was pavers done by someone else.

CLA

Reaction score
Mine was $54K. I'm not sure of the width but it is 41' long, glass tile, travertine perimeter, baja shelf, margarita table. Advantage was the builder.

CLA

Reaction score
Ours was $110k, not sure off hand of the perimeter length, it’s 57 by 32, four pumps, floor pop ups, travertine coming, four tables, four stools, two Baja shelfs, 10 by 12 spa, 2 fire pots, 3 laminar flows, two floor bubblers and all of the wireless phone control stuff, 8 led lights, Sandcastle built it, roughly 5 months it took.

No patio around it, that was pavers done by someone else.
Sounds badass!!

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Who this “MVR “
I haven’t hear this name out there
We are getting designs and prices now with couple of other builder for pools .
Where at 82k with walls extra decking . What happen to 50 k to build a pool

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
1FBFD3F9-1672-4E08-BB54-A3EAB1490C79.jpeg
Sounds badass!!

Thx, it came out great, our second pool with Sandcastle....

28Eliminator

Reaction score
is $450 a foot around the perimeter the going rate in Havasu? About 30x16.My first quote . add $10k to add 2 24” ribbon water fall features on a 2 step up ,raised portion on their own pump. Mini pebble bottom 8’ Deep. No Baja shelf. Crawler vacuum cleaner.($46k total)
That was sandcastle
Appointment with mojave next week.
MVR called 3 times now, no answer.

That’s actually a pretty fair price.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Who this “MVR “

Mike Van Rooy Pools

Tank

Reaction score
I've had a few friends build pools in So Cal over the past 8-10 years. Seems 50k has been going rate for a decent pool for a long time. The quote for what you want does not seem outrageous with this strong economy and high pool demand.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Who this “MVR “

That OP was quoted $46k to build a pool?

DLC

Reaction score
Pools are so popular in Havasu right now, everyone wants one built now!

A few of the pool builders have crews that they bring in from Ca and shoot the plaster, that way they can control the time frame to get the pools completed. They will set up 5-10 pools and shoot them in a few days.

Just make sure you get a start date and a completion date. Take a ton of pics of the process, try to get as much detail info as possible for just in case.

With so much work going on some people take short cuts and don’t give 100% scratch that 75%!!! And it will be on you to make sure

westair

Reaction score
I cannot even imagine trying to build a pool today in Havasu. MVR did ours in 2012 and it was awesome.
Yeah I think I'm going to give it a few months …. I was ready but I think so was everyone else ...lol

outboardrick

Reaction score
Since he doesn’t answer the phone, I think he is out, and I thought they would all be booked out too, I planed on starting in December, sandcastle would start in 3 weeks if I wanted, same with mojave. So it’s seems they are not slammed
I've had 2 pools by Sand Castle and would certainly recommend them. But, I've heard a couple of stories lately that they have been a little harder to work with because they are so busy, but the problem may have just been the people that were doing the complaining.

2Driver

Reaction score
I hate trying to get projects done during good times. You always feel like the guy has somewhere better to be and his mind is on everything but your project.

We need a good recession so I can get my RV garage built :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hate trying to get projects done during good times. You always feel like the guy has somewhere better to be and his mind is on everything but your project.

We need a good recession so I can get my RV garage built :D
Judging by the bond yield's today, you might be building that RV garage within 24 months

2Driver

Reaction score
Judging by the bond yield's today, you might be building that RV garage within 24 months

God no shit. So much for my schwab money market paying 2.2% any more.
Last thing we need is a recession going into the election, but if the Dems wish hard enough.......

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
God no shit. So much for my schwab money market paying 2.2% any more.
Last thing we need is a recession going into the election, but if the Dems wish hard enough.......
I feel we will definitely see a sizable economic pull-back if 2020 doesn't land with Trump.

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
I'm at 71k in Rancho Cucamonga right now and it will go beyond that.
small pool 292 ft. permimiter 7X7 spa, 2 pumps, sweeper, retaining wall built into back of pool, fire pit. 2 fire bowls and 2 waterfall features on retaining wall, and outdoor kitchen. all new concrete too.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I feel we will definitely see a sizable economic pull-back if 2020 doesn't land with Trump.
Probably so, but that means by 2024 I may have a house in Havasu!
All these builds with pools less than 10 years old! Less dipshits on the lake, gets to be pretty nice!

Honestly I prefer everything rolling and making money. I'd rather buy a baller's old boat, and I'm happy with my mobile. #Doublewidepride!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Friend just called me that lives in Ontario off Mountain. He got a 2nd bid for a pool today. Wants me to bring my Cat by to cut some of his costs. Going to text MYV see if he has time to check it out. To far for me. Said they are quoting between 50-70K with the upgrades he wants.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Sandcastle is doing mine as we speak. They have been awesome so far. Professional, on time and responsive. Just finished building the house. I won't comment on that ordeal.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Yes those costs are inline, havasu and so cal are pretty close in build costs right now.

Got some guys makin the move out there in the next couple months, getting closer to starting a Havasu division. Just not ready yet.

Sandcastle has improved over the years on build quality out there. I believe the son is one of the guys that hangs w our group in glamis couple times a year.

Mojave stay away from, they’re “ok” at best. Any issues and you will be ghosted

Nick let me know. That’s pretty close to me

outboardrick

Reaction score
Sandcastle is doing mine as we speak. They have been awesome so far. Professional, on time and responsive. Just finished building the house. I won't comment on that ordeal.
Lol, pretty much my experience too. Who built your house?

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Sure they can start in three weeks. But when can they finish?

If they tell you they can't start for 60 days you'll go elsewhere. But they can split crews to get jobs going so you're locked in. But then you get a longer build time. Not saying that's what will happen, just suggesting you get a hard end date, with some sort of a penalty if they don't hit it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

If they tell you they can't start for 60 days you'll go elsewhere. But they can split crews to get jobs going so you're locked in. But then you get a longer build time. Not saying that's what will happen, just suggesting you get a hard end date, with some sort of a penalty if they don't hit it.

When we built our most recent pool we asked about delivery dates and penalties if they were not met, all of the builders that we looked at would not enter into a contract with that provision, they have so much business right now they don’t need to deal with that frankly. Sandcastle who we used on the build had 26 pools going at the time we started ours.

petie6464

Reaction score
If you go with Sandcastle you better be on site every minute. Once you sign the docs you won't see them again. The subs will eventually show up but when they did they had zero instructions on the build. I had to basically general it myself.

The pool came out nice but there where some issues. Never could get anyone to follow up so I gave up on them and handled it myself.

This was three years ago.

outboardrick

Reaction score
If you go with Sandcastle you better be on site every minute. Once you sign the docs you won't see them again. The subs will eventually show up but when they did they had zero instructions on the build. I had to basically general it myself.

The pool came out nice but there where some issues. Never could get anyone to follow up so I gave up on them and handled it myself.

This was three years ago.
Wasn't my experience at all. Sure, there were a couple of miscues but that's pretty normal.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
In CA I’ll add penalties for completion dates going beyond proposed date. But that is also a 2 way street. You will be paying double for EVERY day I finish early. Guess how many customers want that in writing. Zero. If we add I can tell you who’s pool can be built in 3 weeks and that 45k pool ends up costing 70k+

At the rate we’re going and the winter that just passed. It has screwed any idea of completion dates on damn near every job out there. Nearly all winter projects got pushed into summer. Summer projects got started at proposed dates. Putting double work in the same time. Plus the normal spring to summer calls of hey it’s May/June please help I want to have a July 4th party in my new pool, August is my kids bday, the list goes on. Adding up to triple work in the same time. Throw in some commercial jobs on top, that get priority over pretty much every job. It’s fukt.

No builder, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Sometimes it’s the builder, sometimes it’s a sub or even just one of their workers saying something wrong or out of line, sometimes it’s a customer that just has unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, some jobs just can’t go right no matter how hard you try. It happens. Best way to judge a company/builder is collectively positives versus negatives and how comfortable you feel about contract.

hallett21

Reaction score
In CA I’ll add penalties for completion dates going beyond proposed date. But that is also a 2 way street. You will be paying double for EVERY day I finish early. Guess how many customers want that in writing. Zero. If we add I can tell you who’s pool can be built in 3 weeks and that 45k pool ends up costing 70k+

At the rate we’re going and the winter that just passed. It has screwed any idea of completion dates on damn near every job out there. Nearly all winter projects got pushed into summer. Summer projects got started at proposed dates. Putting double work in the same time. Plus the normal spring to summer calls of hey it’s May/June please help I want to have a July 4th party in my new pool, August is my kids bday, the list goes on. Adding up to triple work in the same time. Throw in some commercial jobs on top, that get priority over pretty much every job. It’s fukt.

No builder, including myself will have 100% satisfaction. Sometimes it’s the builder, sometimes it’s a sub or even just one of their workers saying something wrong or out of line, sometimes it’s a customer that just has unrealistic expectations. Sometimes, some jobs just can’t go right no matter how hard you try. It happens. Best way to judge a company/builder is collectively positives versus negatives and how comfortable you feel about contract.

Great post. Every person that’s asked for liquidated damages has had the same response when I say it’s a 2 way street.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score

I’m up front telling these guys I want a December start, so no, they are not killer booked.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Any body use Desert Storm Pools?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Havasu pool builderuse. all use the same subs you need to go owner builder have your pool dug for 3000 then you plumbing then electric then gunite just go To Starbucks on a Saturday his name is ray he comes out Pomona shots 3 pools a day or pull up to a job site ask the pool guy to look at yours don't pay there prices there is a crew that come from down south he was doing two pools up the street

westair

Reaction score
I’m up front telling these guys I want a December start, so no, they are not killer booked.
Maybe you should wait to do the deal in December …. better price maybe? not sure how the pool biz works but that's what my plan is.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Maybe you should wait to do the deal in December …. better price maybe? not sure how the pool biz works but that's what my plan is.
Oh, I will Be waiting, I have worked with GC’s for years, the cooler weather would result in a better product. Them guys cooking there ass off are not happy. I doubt the price will change though. I might try DIY.

Hdgasser

Reaction score

I swear you pulled this from a text message to me!!??

:D

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Havasu pool builderuse. all use the same subs you need to go owner builder have your pool dug for 3000 then you plumbing then electric then gunite just go To Starbucks on a Saturday his name is ray he comes out Pomona shots 3 pools a day or pull up to a job site ask the pool guy to look at yours don't pay there prices there is a crew that come from down south he was doing two pools up the street
What Starbucks?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Next to big five on lake havasu av when we are up there. I go and shot the shit with the workers

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Man you need to put the crack pipe down!