WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Firewood Guy? Orange County?

gqchris

Reaction score
Anyone got a good firewood guy for delivery in Huntington Beach/OC? My last guy was good, but must have started tweaking, because he is MIA now.

Just need a Half Cord, racked and stacked. I like to get ready for Desert Season early.

Thanks Guys.

Cdog

Reaction score
We always went to the guy on the NW corner of Cannon & Villa Park in Orange.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
972D33BB-288A-4487-BCA4-01C369B79772.jpeg
DEA77966-D484-4E67-95FB-657359D6F6EB.jpeg
FE2C26D1-9A0D-4019-A4FA-C31702DF4825.jpeg
69E84840-6A4F-4C37-9F9D-573D509E35EF.jpeg
0B0E5CB1-48AE-4EA6-9C36-6390B68924BA.jpeg
Decided this year I was tired of getting ripped off and getting shit wood from the local place. Bought a permit and for $40 bucks am able to collect 20 cords. My wife and buddy got me a nice chainsaw for Christmas as they knew I wanted to get my own. 10 cords down of unsplit logs and ten more to go. A lot of work though...but should yield over 30 cords when split. My neighbors probably think I’m loosing it with so much fire wood in the hottest place on earth.

Constant840

Reaction score
Splitting 20 cords by hand?! Damn.
I considered collecting, but just don’t have the time. That and I prefer hardwoods which make processing even more of a chore.

I’m at elevation in SoCal mountains. Fire is my primary heat source. My regular wood guy retired last year and emptied his lot. Might be fishing craigslist coming soon.

Cdog

Reaction score
Hustler, be careful man that's got to be rattle snake, scorpion and centipede heaven in Havasu.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Splitting 20 cords by hand?! Damn.
I considered collecting, but just don’t have the time. That and I prefer hardwoods which make processing even more of a chore.

I’m at elevation in SoCal mountains. Fire is my primary heat source. My regular wood guy retired last year and emptied his lot. Might be fishing craigslist coming soon.
Original plan was (still may happen) to just rent a splitter for the weekend but decided to just split some one night. Now it’s an evening event and it’s a hell of a workout that is generously rewarded with cocktails.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Hustler, be careful man that's got to be rattle snake, scorpion and centipede heaven in Havasu.
Yeah no doubt. I have the scorpions under control but snakes are a huge concern every trip back there. Luckily I have a huge lot and it’s a good ways from the house.

warlock250

Reaction score
The guys at Big belly crew sell firewood in socal and sell a lot at Glamis. I think they have commercial routes also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Albert

Reaction score
If you dont mind going to Chino theres Crazy Larry with one glass eye and farmer johns with no shirt , no not really but there is a guy in chino let me know if you want his info

jailbird141

Reaction score
If you are stocking up for Glamis, maybe consider buying it out there? Few seasons ago, the group I go with decided to pitch in like 20 bucks a family and order a shit ton once we set up camp. It gets delivered and dropped where we want it. So much easier than cutting, stacking, loading, and unloading. Just a thought .... we have never run out and it is so much easier, plus, more room for beer when you don't have to haul firewood.

gqchris

Reaction score
If you are stocking up for Glamis, maybe consider buying it out there? Few seasons ago, the group I go with decided to pitch in like 20 bucks a family and order a shit ton once we set up camp. It gets delivered and dropped where we want it. So much easier than cutting, stacking, loading, and unloading. Just a thought .... we have never run out and it is so much easier, plus, more room for beer when you don't have to haul firewood.
Thanks Everyone for the tips. Will check some out.

Yea I go to High Desert, mainly Barstow, RZR Road, etc to ride. Otherwise that would be ideal. Although, I do like it at home to be able to burn a fireplace fire every now and then and the backyard firepit.

Jon

Reaction score
The guys at Big belly crew sell firewood in socal and sell a lot at Glamis. I think they have commercial routes also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Shane at big belly crew is one of my good buddies. Great guy, he delivers everywhere in orange county. Let me know if you need his number

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone for the tips. Will check some out.

Yea I go to High Desert, mainly Barstow, RZR Road, etc to ride. Otherwise that would be ideal. Although, I do like it at home to be able to burn a fireplace fire every now and then and the backyard firepit.

We've gone to the same spot on Stoddard Wells Rd for 40 years during the Thanksgiving weekend. The last 10 years or so we've ordered a cord of wood from Mark & Nellies in Victorville and have them deliver to the campsite. There is not much left to drag back at the end of the weekend so we usually leave it there for the next group.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Try Martin, he delivers. I just order ugly wood for camping, some big pieces mixed in. 909 984-4099

XClutchboy725

Reaction score

This! we do the same thing...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We just bought 10 cords ( just rounds ) I’ll split it 700$ and I traded a 20” saw I didn’t like it but I think it will split out to 13

Boat Potato

Reaction score
I use to go to this guy all the time. He used to advertise on glamis dunes. Good split wood and also had what he called (Ugly wood), branches and small rounds for a lot cheaper.
Screenshot_20190815-213558_Chrome.jpg