WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This PSA brought to you by.....

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Me! Im tired of being cut off. I drive a worn out old 80,000 dump truck. I am getting to the point I will take time off at your expense. Trust me, I wont feel a thing. You will though ;). I have a spotless driving record, taking someone out wont effect me at all :cool:
EE2D3D65-9CE2-4B2E-8041-A53B96D8AB2F.jpeg
TRAFFIC LESSON FOR TODAY

What do I do when encountering an onramp on the freeway?

We get traffic complaints from people saying drivers on the freeway don't yield to them when they are entering from an onramp and we frequently have to correct this misunderstanding of the law. So how does this work?

The RED car is entering a freeway from a side street. If you are driving that RED car, you have the following responsibilities;

1. Use the long onramp and acceleration lane to ACCELERATE to freeway speeds. If you try to enter the freeway at much slower speeds, you will do nothing but cause a problem.
2. USE your left turn signal. Remember, a signal doesn't automatically give you the right to change lanes. You have to do so safely. DO NOT cut across all lanes to the left lane.
3. You do NOT have the right of way. Plan accordingly and begin making your plan as you start onto the ramp, not when you reach the end.
4. If you still run out of space and haven't merged, pull over to the shoulder and wait for traffic to clear, then speed up on the shoulder and merge. DO NOT try to force your way on the freeway. (if you follow #3 and plan ahead, this won't happen)

The GREEN car is already on the freeway, driving in the #2 lane. If you are driving the GREEN car, you have the following responsibilities;

1. MAINTAIN your speed so the red car can plan for you.
2. You may change lanes to the #1 lane if safe to avoid the situation or you may slow down to allow the red car to merge in front of you.

If you are in the #1 lane, DO NOT change lanes into the #2 while vehicles are merging. Wait until they have merged, then you may change lanes for a future exit.

Courtesy is underrated and infrequent. We could use a bit more of it out there.

Drive to arrive

Backlash

Reaction score
My Dad said it best. When you enter the onramp to the freeway from a side street, you punch it. You should be travelling at the same speed as the vehicles on the freeway by the time you reach the top of the on ramp. Signal, and slide in where safe. Continue on your merry way.

People are retarded and just dont get it. :rolleyes:

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Slow pokes on the freeway on ramps piss me off! What do they expect to encounter?? And that ‘turn on blinker & change lanes no matter what’ :mad::mad:. Happened to me today, I don’t get it :rolleyes:

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
i stole this from a chp facebook post. I laughed at the turn signal thing. They should follow their own advice

redone76

Reaction score
Dude...hauling my toy hauler up to Arroyo Grande last weekend I ran into this all the way up the 101. Especially going through Santa Barbara. People were oblivious and I about put a few into the wall

redone76

Reaction score
When towing, I hold my ground to merging vehicles. Unless a truck is merging then i will try to move over
I do the same but fuck me some people have no clue and it gets dangerous quick...then they get mad at you!

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I spend a shit ton of time on the road. Common sense and courtesy don't exist anymore. If you remember that, you'll arrive at your destination a few minutes later and a lot less pissed off. The level of stupidity is sad.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I get that a lot while driving my motorhome and trailer or truck and trailer. For some reason, people think they have the right of way when merging onto the freeway and I have to let them over.

I've put many a fuckstick out of the lane and onto the shoulder while just continuing my same speed and direction. Had many of them eventually come up alongside me irate and flipping the bird. Had one haji genius get in front of me and do the brake check thing. Real smart with 40,000 pounds or more right behind him.

Learn how to drive, morons. It's your responsibility to find a spot to merge into, not everyone else's to create a spot for you. If I can move over safely to let you on, I will, but if not, I'm not going to nail my brakes and lose speed so you can figure yourself out and get going.

And stay the fuck out of the fast lane too because you're probably the very same idiot that likes to camp out there doing 60 while holding everybody else up.

2Driver

Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a thread about prostates

fmo24

Reaction score
We live and travel full time in our motorhome so I have run into some real idiots out there. I think Oregon and Washington have been the worse. They come meandering up the ramp and then slam on their brakes when they realizes 40000 lb moho is where they want to be. Fuckin idiots I swear. I try to give room but if traffic to my left is hauling ass I’m just holding my line and hand on horn to further scare those fuckers

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I like the line of cars 10 deep acting like they are coming low on the inside of Turn 4 going for the lead. The result is always the same. Brake lights and some of the cars hitting the shoulder. :rolleyes:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Good luck with that..

I was the green car (in my RV towing) and I got yelled and flipped off for obeying the law. I even slowed a bit so they could overtake me. Still.

I am not the train horn kind of guy but I have been giving serious consideration to adding one to my RV for stupid people. They are everywhere.

My poor commercial driver friends, they have try to be polite because they are working. I'm not on the job so I don't have to be nice, so fuck those people.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Good luck with that..

I was the green car (in my RV towing) and I got yelled and flipped off for obeying the law. I even slowed a bit so they could overtake me. Still.

I am not the train horn kind of guy but I have been giving serious consideration to adding one to my RV for stupid people. They are everywhere.

My poor commercial driver friends they have try to be polite because they are working. I'm not so fuck those people.
Dashcams!!!!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've stood my ground and the dumbasses went into the shoulder. Rvrluvr, judging by how nice your trucks are I'm sure you have some loud air horns that should help you out, making the drivers pay attention or make the cell phone get thrown into the ceiling. Or the jake should scare some people. Since moving to Phoenix the horn is my new favorite part of driving and I hold it down long enough to get asshole status. I may finally wear out a horn. lol

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I've stood my ground and the dumbasses went into the shoulder. Rvrluvr, judging by how nice your trucks are I'm sure you have some loud air horns that should help you out, making the drivers pay attention or make the cell phone get thrown into the ceiling. Or the jake should scare some people. Since moving to Phoenix the horn is my new favorite part of driving and I hold it down long enough to get asshole status. I may finally wear out a horn. lol
I dont even have an air horn. Just a beep beep city horn. Ive had extreme close calls. Got a brand new pete on its way. I wanna plow someone so fuckin bad it hurts! The problem is I already sold this one to a friend so I gotta take care of it for him.....argggg

hold_j

Reaction score
Haha no plowing dumb ass mergers please [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Me! Im tired of being cut off. I drive a worn out old 80,000 dump truck. I am getting to the point I will take time off at your expense. Trust me, I wont feel a thing.
This is not what I want to hear as I'm thinking of buying a Smart car. I'm guessing I wouldn't feel a thing either.:eek::D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Good luck with that..

My poor commercial driver friends, they have try to be polite because they are working. I'm not on the job so I don't have to be nice, so fuck those people.
Train horns are great for this. Got a group of guys once at the 5/14 split when it was under construction. Literally scared the piss out of them as they got off on the next ramp and 3 of the 4 dudes took a piss right next to the car.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lug Nut Rule:

He with the most lug nuts has the right of way.

Don't cut in front of anything with more wheels than what you're driving...simple logic;)

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has straight rammed cars 2 different times. He said fuck it, I got insurance I’m gonna ruin this motherfuckers month. Not once but twice!
I can’t say how many times Iv thought fuck it, I’m gonna John this mofo right now! Lmao

Your ad here

Reaction score
I dont even have an air horn. Just a beep beep city horn. Ive had extreme close calls. Got a brand new pete on its way. I wanna plow someone so fuckin bad it hurts! The problem is I already sold this one to a friend so I gotta take care of it for him.....argggg
A beep beep horn. That's cute. This may be a little bit of work but for the one that gets under your skin, get their plate so you can get their address and deliver 25 tons of horse shit in their driveway.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Me! Im tired of being cut off. I drive a worn out old 80,000 dump truck. I am getting to the point I will take time off at your expense. Trust me, I wont feel a thing. You will though ;). I have a spotless driving record, taking someone out wont effect me at all :cool: View attachment 787380 TRAFFIC LESSON FOR TODAY

What do I do when encountering an onramp on the freeway?

We get traffic complaints from people saying drivers on the freeway don't yield to them when they are entering from an onramp and we frequently have to correct this misunderstanding of the law. So how does this work?

The RED car is entering a freeway from a side street. If you are driving that RED car, you have the following responsibilities;

1. Use the long onramp and acceleration lane to ACCELERATE to freeway speeds. If you try to enter the freeway at much slower speeds, you will do nothing but cause a problem.
2. USE your left turn signal. Remember, a signal doesn't automatically give you the right to change lanes. You have to do so safely. DO NOT cut across all lanes to the left lane.
3. You do NOT have the right of way. Plan accordingly and begin making your plan as you start onto the ramp, not when you reach the end.
4. If you still run out of space and haven't merged, pull over to the shoulder and wait for traffic to clear, then speed up on the shoulder and merge. DO NOT try to force your way on the freeway. (if you follow #3 and plan ahead, this won't happen)

The GREEN car is already on the freeway, driving in the #2 lane. If you are driving the GREEN car, you have the following responsibilities;

1. MAINTAIN your speed so the red car can plan for you.
2. You may change lanes to the #1 lane if safe to avoid the situation or you may slow down to allow the red car to merge in front of you.

If you are in the #1 lane, DO NOT change lanes into the #2 while vehicles are merging. Wait until they have merged, then you may change lanes for a future exit.

Courtesy is underrated and infrequent. We could use a bit more of it out there.

Drive to arrive

This is one of the main reasons we are over full time rv'ing. Not just the problem that you showed. On a 3 lane I run the middle lane at the speed limit, unless it is 55 then I run 60. Cars pulling in front of you and slowing down. Just not fun driving to different places anymore. We are heading to North Carolina today to see out grand daughter. After that we go to Jacksonville, Fl to see my parents and then we will be back in Sarasota by Aug 30. Then the 5th wheel will go up for sale.

On another note a lot of rv'ers complain about truckers and truck stops. In almost 3 years of traveling all over the US we have not one issue with a trucker or had one problem at a truck stop.

It i