WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rogers VIP

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I am looking at this boat and curious if anyone knows anything about this hull.

2000 Rogers VIP, 200 hours on the hull and 20 hours on the rebuild.

468 BBC Eagle H-beam rods , SRP pistons, 049 heads with big stainless steel valves, Holley 1000cfm, Berkeley with loader,inducer with ride plate done by B1 with about 23 hours on the pump, have receipts for the build and the ones I got the boat with, I bought it right after Christmas last year not running and it was a fun project. Trailer is in great shape as well, new tires and disc breaks,boat has never been stored outside and the word is it was the last boat Rogers built for his neighbor.

I can pick this up for around $17k.

Good deal??
received_385848538799329.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Seems alright. My buddy and I were talking boat values a couple of weekends ago, he has a Cole SS with a fresh motor, open bow jet and I have my Carrera which is very similar and we agreed between 15K and 18K if we were to sell. how bad do you want to explore below Parker?!?!?! :D

old rigger

Reaction score
I am looking at this boat and curious if anyone knows anything about this hull.

468 BBC Eagle H-beam rods , SRP pistons, 049 heads with big stainless steel valves, Holley 1000cfm, Berkeley with loader,inducer with ride plate done by B1 with about 23 hours on the pump, have receipts for the build and the ones I got the boat with, I bought it right after Christmas last year not running and it was a fun project. Trailer is in great shape as well, new tires and disc breaks,boat has never been stored outside and the word is it was the last boat Rogers built for his neighbor.

I can pick this up for around $17k.

Good deal?? View attachment 788698

Spectra bottom with an original deck. Roger didn't tool it up, he bought the molds probably about '83 and we picked them up across the street for the old Hallett shop on Arrow highway. I always forget the guys last name that tooled the deck, Stu something. He was (is?) in the boat biz for ever. First 4 or 5 out of the molds were I/Os then we did some jets. Cool looking boat, somewhere I have some pics of us at he river with the first one out the molds, an I/O. By the way, the 21 that Roger did in the 70s, a completely different boat, was also named the V.I.P.

Spent many , many hours block sanding those molds as they had sat out uncovered for who knows how long.

That has to be one the last boats Roger built before he retired.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Seems alright. My buddy and I were talking boat values a couple of weekends ago, he has a Cole SS with a fresh motor, open bow jet and I have my Carrera which is very similar and we agreed between 15K and 18K if we were to sell. how bad do you want to explore below Parker?!?!?! :D
I would be interested in your buddies Cole. Does he want to sell??

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Spectra bottom with an original deck. Roger didn't tool it up, he bought the molds probably about '83 and we picked them up across the street for the old Hallett shop on Arrow highway. I always forget the guys last name that tooled the deck, Stu something. He was (is?) in the boat biz for ever. First 4 or 5 out of the molds were I/Os then we did some jets. Cool looking boat, somewhere I have some pics of us at he river with the first one out the molds, an I/O. By the way, the 21 that Roger did in the 70s, a completely different boat, was also named the V.I.P.

Spent many , many hours block sanding those molds as they had sat out uncovered for who knows how long.

That has to be one the last boats Roger built before he retired.
Should ride pretty well then?? Are they built well, rigged well??

old rigger

Reaction score
Should ride pretty well then?? Are they built well, rigged well??

Of course on all things. I haven't seen the boat but his reputation as a builder was pretty much top shelf. He's also the guy that invented V bottom jet boats so I'm positive it's set up well, unless someone's messed with it.

hard to believe he's been gone a decade already.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly I believe the deck on the Rogers is a little shorter (lower profile) than the Howard/DCM.

Some family friends built a 21' Rogers Closed Bow Jet, back in 1990. When they got it all dialed in it was running in high-60s low-70s.

It handled the Lake Mead rough at 40, like our 27' day cruiser did at 30.

They sold it in '03 for cheap, wish I could've bought it, but I was a poor college student at the time.

@OldSchoolBoats you aren't thinking of selling the Howard are you?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly I believe the deck on the Rogers is a little shorter (lower profile) than the Howard/DCM.

Some family friends built a 21' Rogers Closed Bow Jet, back in 1990. When they got it all dialed in it was running in high-60s low-70s.

It handled the Lake Mead rough at 40, like our 27' day cruiser did at 30.

They sold it in '03 for cheap, wish I could've bought it, but I was a poor college student at the time.

@OldSchoolBoats you aren't thinking of selling the Howard are you?
We are thinking of selling the Howard.

Downsizing, changing the program and putting some money in the bank at the same time for some other places we want to travel with the kids.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
We are thinking of selling the Howard.

Downsizing, changing the program and putting some money in the bank at the same time for some other places we want to travel with the kids.

Our thoughts as well OSB. Time to move onto something new with the family, then can look at the river again in a few years when the bottom falls out on used boats.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I owned a 21 VIP. Was just talking to @ducked_up today at Pirates about how much I miss that boat. Didn’t want to sell it but couldn’t store it for free any longer and didn’t want to pay.

It rode damn good (had some Bennett’s) and was fast for a SB. I tore that boat apart many times. Let me see if I can find some “rigging” pics. Keep in mind I owned this when I was like 21-22 so I was broke and couldn’t upgrade anything that I wanted to.

Edit*** broke my phone and just got a new one and realized I lost almost half my pics. This is all I could find

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

View attachment 788952
View attachment 788953
View attachment 788954
View attachment 788955

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brgrcru

Reaction score
Nice boat. Jet boat.
I know I'm going to catch shit , for this.
Here is my .02
You have a place in havasu
Your kids are getting to the age , to maybe start watersports .
You grew up doing watersports , Maybe look for something , that route , a ski wake boat . The new boats are unbelievable , and the slightly used ones are unbelievable . Easy to teach kids . Quiet , easy to get in , safe as can be . don't have to beach it, find a nice cove. just start playing on the water., all day. Peer pressure from all your kids , will get all of them boarding and skiing quickly. Along with yourself.
We always had one , and always has been the most used and fun boat .
My kids are in there late 20's. But boarding and skiing , has kept us all hanging out .
As you see here on RD , many have gone that route. Most never looked back . It's a completely different way to enjoy the river.

Or you can do all the above , on the lower River with a nice jet or OB . Away from the crowds .
Go there durring the week , you might not see another boat , all day.

Change is good .

69hondo

Reaction score

Joe, I know this boat. My buddy Frank bought it a few years back from a guy in Mohave valley. Itran great and held its own with my outdrive 21 Eliminator. Rode great too. He blew the engine up and then sold it to the current owner I think his name is Matt. Frank dumped a bunch of money into the pump right before he sold it if I remember correctly.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Joe, I know this boat. My buddy Frank bought it a few years back from a guy in Mohave valley. Itran great and held its own with my outdrive 21 Eliminator. Rode great too. He blew the engine up and then sold it to the current owner I think his name is Matt. Frank dumped a bunch of money into the pump right before he sold it if I remember correctly.
Yeah, Matt owns it now. He is up in your area.