WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ADT alarm system question

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
I currently have a ADT wireless alarm / fire protection system and finally my original contract is up next month and I'm looking to keep the system that I own but change monitoring companies has anyone had any luck doing this? I'm finding out that there is a ADT card in my key pad that may need to be changed out that can be $150 ?, Xfinity says they will give me a new key pad and with a bundle package they will do the monitoring for around $20 a month, ADT is $62 a month and seems to go up about $10 a year....Any thoughts?

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
0F717A0A-CA0A-4C10-814C-A040D2DF7A65.png
We used Watchlight for years and they were Johnny on the Spot. If there was a power outage or the alarm went off, they called within minutes. Promptly called the backup number if we didn’t answer. Price had started @ $8.95 & I think we were paying $12.95/mo. when we sold at least 7-8 yrs. later. Worth a call to see if they’re compatible with ADT system.

Tell them Larry Ogilvie sent you.

“Lucky’s Wife”

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I currently have a ADT wireless alarm / fire protection system and finally my original contract is up next month and I'm looking to keep the system that I own but change monitoring companies has anyone had any luck doing this? I'm finding out that there is a ADT card in my key pad that may need to be changed out that can be $150 ?, Xfinity says they will give me a new key pad and with a bundle package they will do the monitoring for around $20 a month, ADT is $62 a month and seems to go up about $10 a year....Any thoughts?
I changed my Havasu home alarm from ADT to Western Alarm. Kept most of the system and key pad. They changed something at the panel? Got rid of my land line also.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
ADT is a ripoff i had them for years and so many better companies to go with

Singleton

Reaction score
I have Vivint in SD.
Every year they try to raise the price. I call to cancel and they lower the price.

81Sprint

Reaction score
ADT sucks. I had them for years and they were creeping up to 70 bucks a month. Cancelled it, ordered a complete Ring system for $400. Works great and its $10 a month. Super easy to install.

bogeygolf

Reaction score
I too had ADT. Switched over to Watchlight/Alarm Relay. $125.00/year, I just renewed this month.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Who does the monitoring?
Thinking about leaving Vivint (now at $38 a month), but still need something.

The majority of our systems are self monitored. I’m fact I don’t think we have even done one yet with central monitoring.

Self monitored means you would contact police, fire, etc.

Mine on my house is self monitored.

DLC

Reaction score
I changed mine out from Storm Ruger to Smith & Wesson, so far no additional cost or up charges. Response time is the same @ 1450 ft/s.

LoL