WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Labor Day Weekend!!!! Thoughts on what to do....

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So as you might know we have been kind of stuck in San Francisco for a couple of months for medical reasons and looking for something to do on Labor Day Weekend. Friday AM till Tuesday mid day. We are up for driving.

We have been doing a bit of traveling on the weekends and running out of ideas. Please post up things that you might suggest.

Things that we have done and not needed as suggestions.
Napa, Paso Robles, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Monterey, Carmel, The cost north of San Francisco.

Kind of thinking....Tahoe, Yosemite, Mammoth Lake

Anymore suggestions would be helpful to keep the wife from going stir crazy

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Busy weekend. May be tough finding available rooms. Yosemite then over Tioga Pass to Mammoth or June Lakes is some great scenery. Or head south to Paso Robles/Hearst Castle area.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Shaver lake or Bass lake is are in the area of Yosemite. I'll be in Waialua over the holiday and then some. Anywhere an intermediate over weight surfer can ride a longboard without being hassled by locals.?Not Waikiki .

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Busy weekend. May be tough finding available rooms. Yosemite then over Tioga Pass to Mammoth or June Lakes is some great scenery. Or head south to Paso Robles/Hearst Castle area.

Thanks went to Paso Robles 2 weeks ago. Thinking along the lines of Yosemite.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Shaver lake or Bass lake is are in the area of Yosemite. I'll be in Waialua over the holiday and then some. Anywhere an intermediate over weight surfer can ride a longboard without being hassled by locals.?Not Waikiki .

How good of a surfer are you? There are many spots depending on what you can handle. What is your comfort zone as far as wave heights? Malaya, Ewa Beach, Diamond Head are all areas with mellow breaks that will not kill you. There are other breaks in Waikiki that are good believe it or not. The main break with all tourists can be fun on a big day.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Do a road trip Mammoth/June lake for 2 days and then continue up 395 to Tahoe for a few days. Depending on how much time you have you could head to Santa Cruz from Tahoe.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
How good of a surfer are you? There are many spots depending on what you can handle. What is your comfort zone as far as wave heights? Malaya, Ewa Beach, Diamond Head are all areas with mellow breaks that will not kill you. There are other breaks in Waikiki that are good believe it or not. The main break with all tourists can be fun on a big day.
I'm roughly 6ft tall. So I'd be ok with up to head high wave. I also just wanna have fun and not get worked over by waves.Only reason I say no Waikiki I don't wanna drive all that way if there is something closer to me.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I'm roughly 6ft tall. So I'd be ok with up to head high wave. I also just wanna have fun and not get worked over by waves.Only reason I say no Waikiki I don't wanna drive all that way if there is something closer to me.
Let me know you will be there. It will be dependent on the surf at the time. Most likely close to you will be the west side. Ewa Beach will be a mellow break like Waikiki. Then you can go out Makaha where it can get a little rough with the locals. I have never had any issues as long as you are respectful. Let me know if you need more info.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Looks like we are going to be making a road trip to.....L A K E H A V A S U!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

Now where will the fun be happening?

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
843CD383-5245-4211-A8F1-C1A9B77F8598.png
Oh and we will be checking out Shiver River this trip. Jeepdog better sharpen up the blades we are shave ice experts!!!

Last edited: