WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Child Support Rant

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
I had 50% of my two. It made her crazy she had to pay me $700 a month once she went back to work (she walked away from a $120k a year job because I made her depressed when we were still together). No problem accepting my money as she continued to fuck one of our friends (he was married too). One night after a few beers, I sent her a couple text memes. She forwarded them to her attorney who had them printed, brought them to court and I lost custody as the judge said I was too immature to raise a 14 year old.
Oops.
All of this really fucked up the kids (still) , the youngest is now 22.
I moved to another city and she bought a dump a mile down the road from me.
Shit never ends.
her husband (my ex friend) drives by my house and I see her mornings sometimes to and from work.
Second (present) wife said she didn't want any more kids (she already had one), which helped seal that deal.
Support sucks to pay but stay on your game. Things could change!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Did she have an unfortunate accident after 14 years or finally feel bad?

Finally decided it was worth the risk to go back to court. It could have backfired and I ended up paying her more and retro because the $8600 was a settlement and lower than what the computer said I should of paid. I rolled the dice, got a woman judge who didn’t care for women who didn’t work hard like her. She cut it to $3000 immediately and said it ends in three years. I had done my part.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Finally decided it was worth the risk to go back to court. It could have backfired and I ended up paying her more and retro because the $8600 was a settlement and lower than what the computer said I should of paid. I rolled the dice, got a woman judge who didn’t care for women who didn’t work hard like her. She cut it to $3000 immediately and said it ends in three years. I had done my part.
You got super lucky. It normally goes the other way

Singleton

Reaction score
It could be worse.
My wife’s ex husband ended up renting the F’n house kiddy corner across the street from us!
He originally told my wife, his place was down 2 blocks and on another street. Wife and I were like OK, this sucks but makes life easier for the kid with him down 2 blocks. Nope, the house is a pitching wedge from my driveway. That was 4 f’n years ago! Kid is now in college.

Anyone got any good ideas to get this f’er kicked out!

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I had a friend labeled a "dead beat dad" from a brief encounter years before..Not ever married, but LA County came after him, big time... Yep wages garnished to the point he quit working above board, DL suspended, vehicles impounded etc etc... "She" claimed the kid was a full time student until he was 26, so the fees just kept adding up... Finally found a friendly LADY lawyer who was able to find out the KID went into the NAVY at 17... Dave never laid eyes on the kid, had all that hassle from her for all that time, with LA County chasing him for 20 years or more... Of course he wasn't entitled to any recourse... And she skated on her lies to the court...It just aint right...
Ray

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Why would you go for more money? Did he do 50/50? If he was a part time dad I get it, if not...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 or 4 day weekend every 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks (last week of June to first week of August) was his visitation. He had just moved to Vegas from the OC when I met my wife. Typically it was cheaper to fly the kids out of Ontario... but he told her since the judge said it was okay instead of John Wayne Airport.... that’s all he would ever do... even if it was cheaper for JW. Her ex was a flaming asshole.

The first summer he took them 6 weeks, the next year 4 weeks - it got less every year until it was just a typical 4 day weekend lol lol Friday night to Monday night of holiday weekend.... are you familiar with the 91 freeway on a Friday afternoon.... we had to take the kids out of school early to make the flight.... I could go on and on about him....

Backlash

Reaction score
Where do I begin. All I can say is I feel your pain.

My ex of almost 20 years filed for divorce several years ago. I moved out and signed the house over to her simply so my boys wouldn't be homeless. She didn't work but I agreed to continue to pay all of the bills so they didnt get behind. We had agreed to sort things out together and not be mean or vindictive towards one another. Yeah. Fucking. Right.

Her then new boyfriend (Who is now my ex friend), bought her a new BMW 5 series and wined and dined her and promised her the world. I moved in with my parents just trying to make ends meet and drove a Honda Civic while paying every dime I had towards bills and my boys.

She took me to court and demanded child support, alimony and enough funds each month to sustain the life she had while married and NOT WORKING! I was paying her over $4K a month. It was ridiculous.

She quickly remarried that moron and their marriage lasted 16 months. She filed for divorce and stuck him with paying alimony! :D

She was single for a very short period of time and is now remarried to a third sucker! My payments have dwindled to a little more than $1K a month but man, what a hellacious frigging roller coaster THAT was!!!! :eek::D

Long story short; hang in there because it will get better. I promise!

Reactions: JBS

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If there is one thing I have learned on the boat boards, it is to hire a Female Attorney who is a Barracuda.
Good Luck Boozer.

This and DOCUMENT everything, as well as get ready to subpoena her bank records for last three years.

You absolutely can take her back for a reassessment of income. Most Ca. Family court judges prefer you wait at least a year.
The best defense is a good offense.
The trick and best tool is finding the best trial lawyer you can, and backing her up with the facts.
Judges are changing for the fathers in so cal.
And rule number 1: Everything presented has to be about the welfare of the kids (the point being $ involved is for their welfare)
Not that it isn’t , but Judges see too many Dads claiming the financial issues and get a bad taste in their mouth in the judgement, and most of those Dads just didn’t get their objectives presented correctly.

I have 50% and 0 Child support

FCT

Reaction score
Female lawyer, if you were in Ca I’d refer mine.
Take full custody, let her still have equal visitation if she wants. And pay zero to her. Or she can pay you.
Dads rights are real. Most just accept mother’s getting what they want. I’m not that Dad
When I got divorced - 15 years married, no alimony, no child support, only small amount to get her name off my business.
Byeeeeeee.
My buddy did exactly that and he makes ridiculous amounts of money. It’s all about getting a great attorney and not settling until you get what you want and or is right.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ummm I said one of the 100,001 reasons why I didnt have children ...hence there were 100,00 other reasons why I didnt either ....

And just so you know, since you dont know me or have never met me .....you have no idea if I am abrasive or not and I dont give a fuck what anybody thinks of me on the internet , dont believe all that you read. I will tell you one thing is for sure you can take to the bank. I am an asshole

Let me add this, rd is the only person that has ever called me abrasive, I know you drank the cool aid, but in 52 years that is just an opinion .....breath.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
60grit
:p:D

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I always say "I must have missed the "how to fuck over an ex-husband" class in high school" When I got divorced, the house, both cars and the boat were all in my name. I worked, he barley worked, I was on the" how do I get out of this situation - train. I had a lawyer, he didn't, kids were 50/50, he walked away with a brand new F-250 and about 80K in equity on a house his name wasn't even on... welcome to Ca, community property. I've always carried both boys on my health insurance, and we split most of the other expenses. I loathe him, however I feel like I got lucky getting out how I did, he could have gotten alimony or child support from me. SO just put most of the thoughts that women are blood sucking whores to rest... not all of us are... :D

wash11

Reaction score
I paid $8600 a month to my ex for 14 years. Dont get me started.

But at the end of the day, it was worth it.

I remember you telling me in the past that it was a chunk, but fuck Hollis- that just gave me a stomach ache.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I heard of a guy that handles, or should we say, creates missing persons that are never found.....Solves a lot of these pesky situations:eek::D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
But can you backup a trailer? Make a sammich? If so do you have a sister like you?

;):p
I always say "I must have missed the "how to fuck over an ex-husband" class in high school" When I got divorced, the house, both cars and the boat were all in my name. I worked, he barley worked, I was on the" how do I get out of this situation - train. I had a lawyer, he didn't, kids were 50/50, he walked away with a brand new F-250 and about 80K in equity on a house his name wasn't even on... welcome to Ca, community property. I've always carried both boys on my health insurance, and we split most of the other expenses. I loathe him, however I feel like I got lucky getting out how I did, he could have gotten alimony or child support from me. SO just put most of the thoughts that women are blood sucking whores to rest... not all of us are... :D

RCDave

Reaction score
I have said it once I will say it again:

I respect the hooker more than the housewife. The hooker asks for the money up front rather than waiting for the more lucrative back-end deal.

:D:cool:

Participations and Residuals. lol

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Nice.:D

Although not a job requirement if you can drive the boat and drink like a fish (not during, after) then you're hired.

:p;)
trailer: I can (Or used to)
Sammich: of course
and I can pack a cooler..
and I do have a sister... but she's not single. LOL :p

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Nice.:D

Although not a job requirement if you can drive the boat and drink like a fish (not during, after) then you're hired.

:p;)

hahah, I can learn, and yes I drink... and I've been called Dori. ;)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Prove ur last sentance and marry me [emoji41][emoji39][emoji202]

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I totally agree with you ....except I think I would suck as a dad. ...

My comment is in no way shape or form toward a child or any child ......

I believe children or innocent creatures on this planet and I get enjoyment out of spending time with other peoples children ( as I will never have my own) ..

My comment was directed more towards the blood sucking ex wife that suck as mothers and try to screw over dad on purpose. I do believe a dad and mother should take care of their children , whether together or not equally .....

So maybe I should of worded it differently, although there is truth to my statement. Just not only that was a factor , there was any more and bigger ones that made my decision early to never have kids , hell I dont even know if I shot blanks are not lol ....

So, with that said, my comment was not meant in malice to any of the members or their children and if did offend anyone in that context, I apologize...

I still stand behind my statement, should of worded differently...

Hell my step daughters I had when married had a piece 9f shit father who owed 40k in back child support ..hence why I did everything for them that I could ...during my marriage ....

Hey Milk, for what it's worth i agree with your first statement 110% :D

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Well I never wanted children when I was married because I new I made a mistake with my first and only wife.
We weren't married for very long so she did not get anything from me.
The divorce went well for me.
I wanted children, however, after my divorce I never dated a woman that I wanted to have children with.
I had a great job and and future career with the DOD (DAF), 29 years.
I guess I was selfish as I was still focused on playing Rugby until I was into my 40s.
My mother and sisters never held this against me.
My nephews and my niece were in a way my children and they have all done well.
Their parents have done a great job.
I really don't have any regrets.
It saddens me to read some of these threads.
Stay strong and God bless.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Time to Lawyer Up!!! I didn’t think your child support or alimony could increase (or decrease) beyond your income levels during your marriage, but I could be wrong?

Good Luck! I put up with a bi-polar cheating bitch for years to avoid paying child support, plus I didn’t want my kids to go thru divorce like I had to. In hindsight I should have just payed the child support, I payed the price with my sanity instead!!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Time to Lawyer Up!!! I didn’t think your child support or alimony could increase (or decrease) beyond your income levels during your marriage, but I could be wrong?

Good Luck! I put up with a bi-polar cheating bitch for years to avoid paying child support, plus I didn’t want my kids to go thru divorce like I had to. In hindsight I should have just payed the child support, I payed the price with my sanity instead!!!

Alimony isn’t income adjustable but child support is. I agreed to life time alimony just so I could get on with my life and get remarried. I was able to get out of it after 14 years. There is a clause in the settlement agreement that even though the spousal support was lifetime, she must make reasonable efforts to become self sustaining. She did nothing other than eat for 14 years, her laziness and making no efforts to become self sustaining was why it finally ended.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Alimony isn’t income adjustable but child support is. I agreed to life time alimony just so I could get on with my life and get remarried. I was able to get out of it after 14 years. There is a clause in the settlement agreement that even though the spousal support was lifetime, she must make reasonable efforts to become self sustaining. She did nothing other than eat for 14 years, her laziness and making no efforts to become self sustaining was why it finally ended.

At $8600 a month? Holy Moly - the damn math makes my head spin, lol. Wow and I thought I got fucked paying $200K in Vaginamoney over 5 years :eek:

WYRD

Reaction score
Y'all are bitching about blood sucking whores, but you picked em...