WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best way to the NASCAR race from the SFV

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I got tickets for the Nascar race in Fontana for October 11, just trying to figure out the best way to get there. I'll be staying with friends in Granada hills, just off the 210 freeway. Is it best to take the 210 all the way out there, or take the 10?? Also, Google says it's about 70 miles, 2 hrs and 20 min in traffic. We want to be there by 11AM. Any info appreciated! thanks!!

linus3

Reaction score
Been to a few races there. Earlier is better. Getting out is not to bad, the cops have it set up pretty well. Now getting in is tough. I went the 10 east and it usually backed up well before the 15 fwy. I have never gone the 15 south. The 15 north would back up around the 60. We would exit Fourth St. (Ontario Mills mall) and come in from the west. One year we decided to exit the freeway early and take side streets. We exited west of Ontario Mills and cute into Fourth St. right before the entrance. My buddy did his homework with a map and also had navi. Very little traffic this way. The lesson of the day is get off the freeway as soon as possible, check out a map and get there early. :drnkfr Have fun.

triangleman

Reaction score
The 210 to Cherry Ave would probably be the least traffic. I would plan on driving into the parking lot by 8:00 or 8:30 at the latest. It is much more fun to tailgate, than to sit in massive traffic. Remember, the race starts at noon.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats the best way to go. I go that way when go to the all the drag racing events out there.

The 210 to Cherry Ave would probably be the least traffic. I would plan on driving into the parking lot by 8:00 or 8:30 at the latest. It is much more fun to tailgate, than to sit in massive traffic. Remember, the race starts at noon.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
Great info, thanks. Sounds like I'll run down the 210 to Cherry. I'll print out some local street maps also incase we need to exit the freeway early and take a few side streets. thanks again!