WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I have a boat rigging question.

Tremor Therapy

Reaction score
I found a nice boat that does not have a motor or outdrive. Upon looking at the boat, the motor and drive were removed complete, but everything else in the engine bay was left, batteries, battery cables, bilge, blower, and it looks like all steering and electrical and fuel connections.

I have a kick ass motor to put in the thing, and I can get a hold of just the outdrive portion of an old but still servicable bravo 1 outdrive. So to the question, What would it cost for me to purchase a gimball, and all of the accessories, and then get the boat rigged? This is a newer boat that was fuel injected, and the motor I have is not. I just need to know if this is worth the gamble or not.

Oh, and in addition, what would it cost to get hydraulic steering added as it would be a 650+hp motor in a 22 foot boat.

Thanks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I found a nice boat that does not have a motor or outdrive. Upon looking at the boat, the motor and drive were removed complete, but everything else in the engine bay was left, batteries, battery cables, bilge, blower, and it looks like all steering and electrical and fuel connections.

I have a kick ass motor to put in the thing, and I can get a hold of just the outdrive portion of an old but still servicable bravo 1 outdrive. So to the question, What would it cost for me to purchase a gimball, and all of the accessories, and then get the boat rigged? This is a newer boat that was fuel injected, and the motor I have is not. I just need to know if this is worth the gamble or not.

Oh, and in addition, what would it cost to get hydraulic steering added as it would be a 650+hp motor in a 22 foot boat.

Thanks

Talk to outdrive1 on the parts when he gets back on monday. Or call quality performance in corona and ask for Rob Clark. Tell him I referred ya.

I know the transom assy used to be 3K. I have heard Merc is discounting the shit out of everything right now though, so I'd expect it to be about 1/2 that.

RD

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not go directly to the source? IMCO in San Dimas (909)
592-6162 makes everything you need. Talk to Rick Taylor -- he'll have answers to all your questions. A "heavy duty gimbal" and hydraulic steering are highly recommended if you're thinking about an engine in the 650 HP range. You'll also need to do some internal build-up on the Bravo 1 to handle that power.

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
For a decent HD gimbal, you are looking right around $1800-$2k.

Is the motor you have setup for marine or is it stripped? If it is stripped, you are going to need:

Water Pump - $275.00'ish
Bravo 1 Bellhousing - $200.00
Bravo 1 Coupler - $175.00
Motor Mounts - $250.00
Exhaust - $1800-5k
Wiring Harness - $250.00
Mounting Hardware - $200.00

Last time I did a twin ram steering system, it was $3275.00.