WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No more "metal" buildings allowed.........

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
to be built in Parker ?........one of our neighbors up on Bean Pot hill got a call this morning from her contractor, say's the city of Parker is NOT issuing bldg. permits for metal buildings anymore ! .......their "building" is in transit from Alabama and is SUPPOSED to be on the job site sometime next week.........contractor said any new buildings have to be sided or stuccoed,.........I dunno....I called the first 4 listings on the innerweb for "metal buildings" in Parker Arizona.....ALL FOUR are disconnected and no longer in service..........

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
to be built in Parker ?........one of our neighbors up on Bean Pot hill got a call this morning from her contractor, say's the city of Parker is NOT issuing bldg. permits for metal buildings anymore ! .......their "building" is in transit from Alabama and is SUPPOSED to be on the job site sometime next week.........contractor said any new buildings have to be sided or stuccoed,.........I dunno....I called the first 4 listings on the innerweb for "metal buildings" in Parker Arizona.....ALL FOUR are disconnected and no longer in service..........

So they ordered a new metal building before planning and permit approval?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Can you have it stuccoed?

chvynhra

Reaction score
I believe it's only within the city limits.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Let her know that I'll take that offer hands 25 cents on the dollar she can just have it delivered direct to the ranch. :D
yo, Wheeler.........just got off the phone with her,.....she said to give ME $500.00, CASH, AMERICAN.........let me know where you want it dropped at on the property an I'll go out to the ranch an handle it for you !..............If yer in the O C can ya bring me the $500,,.........like by tonight ?...just in case she changes her mind ?...........thanks man !.....you ARE the best !.........:)

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
yo, Wheeler.........just got off the phone with her,.....she said to give ME $500.00, CASH, AMERICAN.........let me know where you want it dropped at on the property an I'll go out to the ranch an handle it for you !..............If yer in the O C can ya bring me the $500,,.........like by tonight ?...just in case she changes her mind ?...........thanks man !.....you ARE the best !.........:)
I'll have Whitey meet you out there with cash.

Thanks Denny, I owe ya one! :D

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Bean Pot hill is not in the City of Parker. It is La Paz county. There have been some changes at the building department, and a new inspector, but nothing your neighbor should not have been aware of. The board of supervisors did not make any changes to the building codes at the special meeting held by planning and zoning about two weeks ago.

Some talk of stucco finish on R zoned lots, but most are TR transitional residential zoning. All the metal building guys in this area are super busy right now.

The sky is not falling Denny

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Do the lath and attach Hardy Plank skin. Sell the metal panels
And then have the whole building re-engineered? The engineering on those metal buildings is the most important part and is sold separately as an option for when you need city or county approval and I guarantee you they are not designed for the weight of stucco or Hardi and the framing members are too far apart to secure any board to anyway.
I did one and the county required the building to be engineered for wind shear at 70 miles an hour which was beyond the manufacturer's 50 mile an hour engineered rating

Last edited:

nrbr

Reaction score
Norco outlawed metal buildings few years ago as well.. to deter people building shops and save room for horsies. In gonna build one twice as big stick frame now

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Screw that..im.in lakeside 5 and putting one up in my backyard with or without a permit. Ill post pics in a few months:D

Wheeler

Reaction score
SUPPOSED to be on the job site sometime next week...

Denny, I just received a hot tip on a Horse and need to get to Vegas Pronto! :)

Are you up for a road trip? I believe that the room will be comped for as long as we would be there. :D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Denny, I just received a hot tip on a Horse and need to get to Vegas Pronto! :)

Are you up for a road trip? I believe that the room will be comped for as long as we would be there. :D
yo, Wheeler,........I'm making phone calls now, trying to get Marilyn to the Dr. on Monday, .....IF I can get her appt for Wed covered she can catch a ride to Parker with Lacy,.....I'm gonna go out an grease the wheel bearings on the trailer ..............just in case........I THINK we have the animals handled.......

boatpi

Reaction score
We learned new Nevada wind standards for residential are 97 mph. The building inspectors in Clark county are now denying Aluma wood installers permits unless they have a stamp for every single install not just the standard plans, bits and pieces from the manufacture.

We’re hearing a lot of patio covers are going up without any building permitS, and the ones using 4 inch post on concrete without a footing are starting to rip out and damage the concrete slab.

Changes are coming.

Wheeler

Reaction score
yo, Wheeler,........I'm making phone calls now, trying to get Marilyn to the Dr. on Monday, .....IF I can get her appt for Wed covered she can catch a ride to Parker with Lacy,.....I'm gonna go out an grease the wheel bearings on the trailer ..............just in case........I THINK we have the animals handled.......

With her broken ankle and all we could drop her off at Dave's. :D