WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS Game Changer, wow

BasilHayden

Reaction score
speedsxs
#sneakpeak Speed Unlimited new 300hp turbo charged 72 inch wide 4 seater.

Part of Robby's partnership with Textron, hard to imagine how crazy 300hp would be, I thought the 200hp CanAm was nuts. Cage looks legit as well for a semi factory dealio, real suspension w/ king shocks etc. Any guess on the cost? I'm out, the vintage racing marketing program is currently getting more than its share of my fun coins.

DLC

Reaction score
That looks bad ass !

I like a longer wheel base, 300 hp in a 4 seat would be the bomb! Just take out the back seats

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
speedsxs
#sneakpeak Speed Unlimited new 300hp turbo charged 72 inch wide 4 seater.

Part of Robby's partnership with Textron, hard to imagine how crazy 300hp would be, I thought the 200hp CanAm was nuts. Cage looks legit as well for a semi factory dealio, real suspension w/ king shocks etc. Any guess on the cost? I'm out, the vintage racing marketing program is currently getting more than its share of my fun coins.

$70k is my guess for the 300HP top line model.

DWC

Reaction score
300hp sounds like a blast in a SXS. Holy hell.. Weird to say but it sounds like a deal at that price compared to what the competition is at. Kinda torn between Havasu and the show now.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
From Todd Romano on Facebook (Co-owner of Speed Sxs)

"Racers are going to have to think about what they are driving. 300 HP 22 inches of travel, 4WD and under 2000 lbs is going to be faster than most 10 cars and many Class 1 cars. Power to weight and 4WD is going to shake up the industry."

He also said 28k-32k depending on the model. If they have a reliable 300hp platform for under 35k otd it is a serious game changer.

FB_IMG_1568176726667.jpg

BasilHayden

Reaction score
What ever happened to your custom build?

Well I have a lot of great parts, but fabricator went awol to North Carolina. So parts snd ideas id where it went. In the end a lot of conversations were had with Millen, Robby's guys and Herbst guys. Hmm Millen built the car we had on paper for baja and looks like Robby saw an idea as well. So far Herbst has been modifyinf can ams and seem pretty serious about using them as pre runners while they make their Trophy trucks even better.

Guess my focus is on the vintage cars now, at some point I would love to finish my project.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Well I have a lot of great parts, but fabricator went awol to North Carolina. So parts snd ideas id where it went. In the end a lot of conversations were had with Millen, Robby's guys and Herbst guys. Hmm Millen built the car we had on paper for baja and looks like Robby saw an idea as well. So far Herbst has been modifyinf can ams and seem pretty serious about using them as pre runners while they make their Trophy trucks even better.

Guess my focus is on the vintage cars now, at some point I would love to finish my project.

Oh shit! What a bummer

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

"Racers are going to have to think about what they are driving. 300 HP 22 inches of travel, 4WD and under 2000 lbs is going to be faster than most 10 cars and many Class 1 cars. Power to weight and 4WD is going to shake up the industry."

He also said 28k-32k depending on the model. If they have a reliable 300hp platform for under 35k otd it is a serious game changer.

View attachment 796967

They won’t. It will be a 4 seat Wildcat XX for 28-32k.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 796967

If they make this in a 4-5 seater for anywhere near those prices I’m the first guy to own one. I’ll add 5k for the stretched version

grumpy88

Reaction score
Pace off road will build your current car with 300hp in the 30k range . There is no way it's going to be any where near the 30k range . His 2 seater that's just modified was over 40 k last year at the show . As far as I know he is no longer part of Textron they are suing each other from what I understand .

Meaney77

Reaction score

View attachment 796967

300 hp in a short wheelbase car that weights less than 2k sounds pretty amazing but also sounds like a recipe for disaster for the average guy who walks in and finances everything- off road toys, trailer, truck etc... to make desert season and has zero seat time or off road driving experience.

We might see a new off road coffee and cars you tube channel that highlights everyone wadding them up!

Riley1

Reaction score
Are we sure it’s not 30k plus the car. You buy an XX. Then pay 30 for speed to stretch it and boost the power?

HavaToon

Reaction score
This thing may be enough for me to sell the CanAm X3 Max and make the switch. Pricing will be the real motivator or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HavaToon

Reaction score
Kawasaki is supposed to release a sport sxs model next month as well.

gqchris

Reaction score
300 hp in a short wheelbase car that weights less than 2k sounds pretty amazing but also sounds like a recipe for disaster for the average guy who walks in and finances everything- off road toys, trailer, truck etc... to make desert season and has zero seat time or off road driving experience.

We might see a new off road coffee and cars you tube channel that highlights everyone wadding them up!

Guys do that already now with the current offerings! LOL

Its no different then the boats coming off the line now. Or even production cars such as Hellcat etc. People will do dumb shit no matter what. I certainly don't want the industries regulating or "toning" anything down due to the dumbasses that will continue to wreck shit because they have zero talent or brains. Build it and I will certainly run it!

I remember years ago when I bought my Roush Mustang. At the time, it was one of the first boosted cars, and the thing was fast at the time. I remember the sales person say, "Be careful this car is too fast for most people.". I just shook my head. No shit dumbass, I have been researching it for 6 months and know every square inch of it more than you. The car was fun, I pushed it but it never bit back. I was always going smaller pullies. LOL.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
This thing may be enough for me to sell the CanAm X3 Max and make the switch. Pricing will be the real motivator or not.

I love my Max also. The wheelbase makes it such a fun ride.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Pace off road will build your current car with 300hp in the 30k range . There is no way it's going to be any where near the 30k range . His 2 seater that's just modified was over 40 k last year at the show . As far as I know he is no longer part of Textron they are suing each other from what I understand .

This... last year at the SS show his cars were all 40-55K, depending of how much bolt on stuff they had. He had one car sitting unfinished with a supercharger on it. I'm gonna guess something like this would be well north of those prices.

Wonder why they're in a legal battle???

Taboma

Reaction score

Well that kinda explains why I'm not see the "Robby Gordon Edition" sticker on the new Wildcat XXs :rolleyes:

BasilHayden

Reaction score
2019 SPEED SXS XX 4
  • Regular price$51,999.00
The 2019 Speed SXS XX 4 is built in the Speed Custom's Race Shop in North Carolina. Just like Hennessey in Texas, Saleen in California and Shelby America in California, Speed Custom's is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of performance vehicles and related accessories. Speed SXS currently offers several conversion models of the Textron built Wildcat XX. These vehicles are offered through a proprietary network of World Wide Textron dealers and directly through Speed SXS. All these vehicles are limited edition and are built to our customers/dealers specification. These Speed Custom's vehicles are based on the Wildcat XX through its cooperative relationship with Textron Offroad/Arctic Cat, which is also a licensee of Speed.

The Speed XX 4 can be configured as detailed below

1. XX 4 72 Wide and 77 Wide

2. XX 4 72SC Forced Induction and XX 4 77SC Forced Induction

The Speed XX 4 has 22 inches of travel and comes with 135 or 175 HP. The 72SC and 77SC are forced inductions. The 2019 XX 4 is equipped with the already proven and tested Speed SXS accessories listed below.

Speed Roof, Light Bar, ECU, Rear Bump Pad, Skid Plate, Seats, Seat Belts, Clutch Kit, 33 Inch Tires, XX 4 Speed Graphics, Fire Extinguisher and Speed Lighted Whip.

Additional Speed SXS Items can be added per customers request. Speed XX 4 will be shipping April 1st 2019. Dealer's and Customer's can pre order your vehicle today.

from www.speedsxs.com

no word how much more for the 300hp, but for what your getting, not crazy money
Also noted he is starting with a textron xx and selling through their dealer network seems still some sort of partnership.

EBT531

Reaction score
I'd take a X3 and tune it for a crapload less money before I spent $52k on that thing

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
More from Todd Romano

"complete car as pictured above is 28-32k. It is a production car. We are no longer modifying a stock XX to be a 4 seater."

"the production car is not based on a XX. It is a whole new car. Different motor and diffs."

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The 4 seater 300HP full option car is gonna be close to $70k.

My gut agrees with you but based on what I am seeing on Facebook from Todd Romano I'm thinking it might be a lot less than that. He said the car as equipped above is 32k and he said that car was 72" 4 seater with 300hp

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My gut agrees with you but based on what I am seeing on Facebook from Todd Romano I'm thinking it might be a lot less than that. He said the car as equipped above is 32k and he said that car was 72" 4 seater with 300hp

You and Liberty Mutual don’t practice the bait and switch. I wouldn’t expect you to understand. :)

I think the base 4 seater will be $32k.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

How do I order one??? If that’s really the price they won’t be able to build them fast enough. If they were able to ramp production that would pretty much kill everything out there

Meaney77

Reaction score
Not to be a nay sayer to the SxS guys but do you know what kind of a true off road car you could buy with a reliable turnkey LS motor, Mendeola trans, car to car radio, gps, etc... and street legal and would shit all over these things for much less that what these prices are? Just sayin... do some research.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How do I order one??? If that’s really the price they won’t be able to build them fast enough. If they were able to ramp production that would pretty much kill everything out there

There is no way that is the price for the fast car. Unless it comes with no seats, cage, or engine :).

These guys (Speed SXS) see people spending $70K on modded RZR and Can Am builds and want to capture that money, not undercut them by 50% or more.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not to be a nay sayer to the SxS guys but do you know what kind of a true off road car you could buy with a reliable turnkey LS motor, Mendeola trans, car to car radio, gps, etc... and street legal and would shit all over these things for much less that what these prices are? Just stayin... do some research.

Everyone wants it easily financed, with a warranty, and to drive it into their toy hauler.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not to be a nay sayer to the SxS guys but do you know what kind of a true off road car you could buy with a reliable turnkey LS motor, Mendeola trans, car to car radio, gps, etc... and street legal and would shit all over these things for much less that what these prices are? Just stayin... do some research.

Show me some five seaters.. :)

gqchris

Reaction score

The kind that break every trip?:):)

Honestly, I wish I could justify owning in the LS1 or a Subie program. They are Badass! But honest truth, they break. My friends are always wrenching on them. And I can still hang with my X3 with most of them in the desert. Dunes may be different, but I don't dune. So cant vouch for that. I literally cruise thru most desert terrain at 70mph.

I was one of the last guys to admit getting on the SXS program. But damn, they have a great place in the pecking order. My car has everything you listed above(minus the Motor and Trans), and its been trouble free. Anyone that rides in it is blown away, including racers and Sand Car guys.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I was one of the last guys to admit getting on the SXS program. But damn, they have a great place in the pecking order. My car has everything you listed above(minus the Motor and Trans), and its been trouble free. Anyone that rides in it is blown away, including racers and Sand Car guys.

I was even later than you LOL.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was even later than you LOL.

I used to bash em all the time! I was the guy that had a Suzuki Samurai when the Rhinos were popular. I rode in those and was like, "Fuck this!".

many Years later rode in a buddys RZR dialed in , was like, OK this is the shit! LOL.

In all the hobbys I do, this has been most fun! See you Friday night brotha!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

They said they are accepting orders at SandShow. Official announcement Friday

grumpy88

Reaction score
2019 SPEED SXS XX 4
  • Regular price$51,999.00
The 2019 Speed SXS XX 4 is built in the Speed Custom's Race Shop in North Carolina. Just like Hennessey in Texas, Saleen in California and Shelby America in California, Speed Custom's is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of performance vehicles and related accessories. Speed SXS currently offers several conversion models of the Textron built Wildcat XX. These vehicles are offered through a proprietary network of World Wide Textron dealers and directly through Speed SXS. All these vehicles are limited edition and are built to our customers/dealers specification. These Speed Custom's vehicles are based on the Wildcat XX through its cooperative relationship with Textron Offroad/Arctic Cat, which is also a licensee of Speed.

The Speed XX 4 can be configured as detailed below

1. XX 4 72 Wide and 77 Wide

2. XX 4 72SC Forced Induction and XX 4 77SC Forced Induction

The Speed XX 4 has 22 inches of travel and comes with 135 or 175 HP. The 72SC and 77SC are forced inductions. The 2019 XX 4 is equipped with the already proven and tested Speed SXS accessories listed below.

Speed Roof, Light Bar, ECU, Rear Bump Pad, Skid Plate, Seats, Seat Belts, Clutch Kit, 33 Inch Tires, XX 4 Speed Graphics, Fire Extinguisher and Speed Lighted Whip.

Additional Speed SXS Items can be added per customers request. Speed XX 4 will be shipping April 1st 2019. Dealer's and Customer's can pre order your vehicle today.

from www.speedsxs.com

no word how much more for the 300hp, but for what your getting, not crazy money
Also noted he is starting with a textron xx and selling through their dealer network seems still some sort of partnership.
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/minnesota/mndce/0:2019cv00873/179378

Meaney77

Reaction score

Honestly, I wish I could justify owning in the LS1 or a Subie program. They are Badass! But honest truth, they break. My friends are always wrenching on them. And I can still hang with my X3 with most of them in the desert. Dunes may be different, but I don't dune. So cant vouch for that. I literally cruise thru most desert terrain at 70mph.

I completely understand what your saying- I will add that maintenance, preventive maintenance and how a car is driven goes along way as well. Knock on wood, I have had my car for 8 years now and it has never left me stranded. I dont beat on it but I dont baby it either. Every trip I spend half a day going through everything and tightening bolts, etc... Every season the CVS's come out and get cleaned and repacked. The tranny and motor both get serviced as well. It gets driven both on the street around town and in the dirt- when you think about the amount of miles you put on a car in the dirt each season it really isnt much but staying on top of the maintenance is key.

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score
This sounds AWESOME ! but in reality the stock trans can barley handle the stock Yamaha motor which is what 118 hp. Watch the two Textrons at WORCS this year eat trannies all season. Axles in the past on the Textrons had big issues with Boots making it 30 miles before coming apart. Little to no part support on these cars and if you do have issue it depends if Robbie is at the races with the entire staff. Bitchen cars but not alot of support, one buddy in our group I think has buyers remorse.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
This sounds AWESOME ! but in reality the stock trans can barley handle the stock Yamaha motor which is what 118 hp. Watch the two Textrons at WORCS this year eat trannies all season. Axles in the past on the Textrons had big issues with Boots making it 30 miles before coming apart. Little to no part support on these cars and if you do have issue it depends if Robbie is at the races with the entire staff. Bitchen cars but not alot of support, one buddy in our group I think has buyers remorse.

This is a different motor, trans, and diff for their 300hp program. They just released a dual plunge axle for their LT cars that I would guess comes stock on these cars that solves the boot issue. My XX has 1200 miles on it between myself and previous owner with no issues.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I completely understand what your saying- I will add that maintenance, preventive maintenance and how a car is driven goes along way as well. Knock on wood, I have had my car for 8 years now and it has never left me stranded. I dont beat on it but I dont baby it either. Every trip I spend half a day going through everything and tightening bolts, etc... Every season the CVS's come out and get cleaned and repacked. The tranny and motor both get serviced as well. It gets driven both on the street around town and in the dirt- when you think about the amount of miles you put on a car in the dirt each season it really isnt much but staying on top of the maintenance is key.

Just wondering, what is your yearly maintenence cost, roughly?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Just wondering, what is your yearly maintenence cost, roughly?
If your talking v8 rail. My dad spent a grand every year on maintenance. This was cvs, trans fluid, engine oil and filter, air filters, fuel filters, power steering fluid and filter, coolant and filter,

Every other year was brakes

Every three years tranny came out for tear down and new synchros and misc

Alternators were every other year too