WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS Game Changer, wow

Done-it-again

Reaction score
You probably cannot finance these like other big name manufacturers. So it would limit the buyers.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Not sure if any of this stuff is being posted anywhere else on the internet. All I’ve seen is on Instagram. So for those that don’t do the Instagram thing, here you go.

Speed SxS claims:
  • 4 seat 72” wide 300hp (assuming the 1400cc engine) = $32k
  • Their own two cylinder engine offering THREE different sizes; 800, 999, 1400
  • $1000 deposit for pre-order
I’m really looking forward to real life reviews of this vehicle and to see if these prices are the real deal for the package you’re getting.

A4ABD19E-585C-4A06-BF97-5936465957D7.jpeg
25C6BCFA-01F6-43C5-B364-4D29C2E59C11.jpeg
D756480A-485B-4833-AF2B-7C693578BDB4.jpeg
376BAFCA-6C4F-4F53-B37D-9BC0390510D6.jpeg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You probably cannot finance these like other big name manufacturers. So it would limit the buyers.

Totally agree.
Easy financing, dealer network and a warranty have helped fuel $30k SxS sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I’m confused now. Is Speed SxS producing these themselves? No affiliation to Textron / Arctic Cat ?

$32k is a killer deal if it’s not a pile of shit. That’s kind of a “duh” statement, but it appears that these things need nothing but maybe a set of nice suspension seats to rock and roll. I played the RZR game and you’re into a Polaris 10k in aftermarket parts easy every time to make them take the abuse of being driven like most of us intend to while remaining safe. And 300hp? Fuck yes! That’ll be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

For those saying to just buy a sand rail for that price, you’ve got no clue. These current SxS offerings will drive circles around a rail everywhere except for in the big open dunes or doing 100mph through 3’ whoops. Who is taking their family through whoops at 100mph? SxS are amazing machines and so versatile. This coming from an owner of both an RZR and 650hp sand rail. Love em both, but if I could only have one and had a family, it’d be a SxS.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
There is no way that is the price for the fast car. Unless it comes with no seats, cage, or engine :).

These guys (Speed SXS) see people spending $70K on modded RZR and Can Am builds and want to capture that money, not undercut them by 50% or more.

Chevy is building corvettes for less. I’m sure the right business partners could build a production 300hp SXS, that could knock the socks off anything available, for under $50k.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it’s 32k I’m buying one at the ssss

You out 1k down. Production starts next year. I asked around and the engine is still in design stages so no idea on delivery times? That said I am with you.. they can only build 500 of them from what I was told per year. I will be one of the 500 if they sound even remotely confident.

lavey jr

Reaction score
You out 1k down. Production starts next year. I asked around and the engine is still in design stages so no idea on delivery times? That said I am with you.. they can only build 500 of them from what I was told per year. I will be one of the 500 if they sound even remotely confident.

Hey Dave if you buy one can I test drive yours before I buy one?

Riley1

Reaction score
Not going to hold my breath. Been hearing rumors about a 4XX for the better part of 2 years. And if I remember correctly, the XX was over a year late to release also.

I was really excited about the Wildcat, 3 years ago.

2Driver

Reaction score

I thought your goal was drive and forget about it? - no hassle machine.

It’s a cool car, but IMO there are 2 types of cars: Custom cars where you wrench or pay someone to wrench, fab parts and do your maintenance or a true tested production machine with warranty and a dealership network of parts, techs, knowledge and processes .....LOL Polaris even struggles with that.

This car seems to be in between.

Where do you turn when your car develops it's first issue (and it will) that's unique to the build. Your Textron dealer will have the deer-in-the-headlight look, probably not have the parts, go back and forth with Speed on what the issue is and what caused it, while your car sits through the season. Chances are unique parts are going to the assembly line first to fill car orders not the dealer shelves. I couldn’t image how they would handle a broad based engineering or build defect that affected all cars. You’d just be better off adopting the car's issues and forgetting the manufacturer at that point.

Personally you ought to just get it out of your system and go get a 5 seat Penhall, Jimco or Alumacraft true prerunner and find someone in in Havi who will keep it running.

Remember you could have had a V8 :D

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

They are going with the Tesla “Take your money and wait” deposit model here, then will add the “Jack up the sale price before the debut” topper, and then the trifecta “We are bringing out the most expensive $70k model first”

You heard it here first. This will happen. Ray Charles sees this coming.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Chevy is building corvettes for less. I’m sure the right business partners could build a production 300hp SXS, that could knock the socks off anything available, for under $50k.

Agreed on the vette analogy but GM can do that because of their economies of scale. This machine seems to be the opposite.. it is going to be limited in scale.

Maybe a 1400cc Naturally Aspirated model will be $32k. But a 300 HP forced induction car for $32k, no way. For $50k, yea that I could see.

2Driver

Reaction score
No one fell off the turnip truck with the statement “faster than many class 1 cars”?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are going with the Tesla “Take your money and wait” deposit model here, then will add the “Jack up the sale price before the debut” topper, and then the trifecta “We are bringing out the most expensive $70k model first”

You heard it here first. This will happen. Ray Charles sees this coming.
I’m sorta with you here, but have serious concerns it is gonna be a bait and switch (see above).

I’m bringing a deposit though :)

Lol..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Agreed on the vette analogy but GM can do that because of their economies of scale. This machine seems to be the opposite.. it is going to be limited in scale.

Maybe a 1400cc Naturally Aspirated model will be $32k. But a 300 HP forced induction car for $32k, no way. For $50k, yea that I could see.

They are saying 32k for the 300hp model. HP levels available up to 500 hp

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They are saying 32k for the 300hp model. HP levels available up to 500 hp

I understand what they are “saying”. The engine is under development, so what they are “saying” really has no meaning.

If you want 500 HP out of a 1.4L engine you are better off buying a LS powered dual sport or sand car.

You (maybe we?) are not getting a 300HP 4 seat 72 inch wide SXS for $32k, despite what they are telling you (us).

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not to be a nay sayer to the SxS guys but do you know what kind of a true off road car you could buy with a reliable turnkey LS motor, Mendeola trans, car to car radio, gps, etc... and street legal and would shit all over these things for much less that what these prices are? Just sayin... do some research.
I'm on board with you,... the whole idea with going away from a good sand car....then try'n to make a SXS into a real good sand car...…..head scratcher...

2Driver

Reaction score
I mean if I can get the deposit back or sell my spot to someone else.. who cares right?

If something does go south, by the time you realize you “want out” that deposit of yours is going to be real marketable. :D

Good thing is $500 isn't all that much to put up

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If something does go south, by the time you realize you “want out” that deposit of yours is going to be real marketable. :D

No shit. :) There is an ass for every seat though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I understand what they are “saying”. The engine is under development, so what they are “saying” really has no meaning.

If you want 500 HP out of a 1.4L engine you are better off buying a LS powered dual sport or sand car.

You (maybe we?) are not getting a 300HP 4 seat 72 inch wide SXS for $32k, despite what they are telling you (us).

I don’t think Robby would gamble his name like that? That said if they take the $$ and deliver something different isn’t that bait and switch?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Deposits are 1k

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Meaney77

Reaction score
I like that a lot! How do ya know if it has the good trans? What are the pitfalls? Something about reverse?

It has a Mendeola which is a pretty descent box- unfortunately it shares the same reverse gears as VW Box and its the weak link unless you go towards using a Weddle Box. You just have to be careful using reverse- not a deal breaker. I rarely use reverse and try to only use it backing out of my trailer and my garage.

I haven’t heard of this car before however I know Foddril is a company who manufactures VW front end parts (arms) not sure if they also built some cars along the way as well. From the pictures the A Arm front end looks pretty bufff and good suspension all the way around.

Ad doesn’t mention what motor is in the car- I would find out what’s in it.

69hondo

Reaction score
It has a Mendeola which is a pretty descent box- unfortunately it shares the same reverse gears as VW Box and its the weak link unless you go towards using a Weddle Box. You just have to be careful using reverse- not a deal breaker. I rarely use reverse and try to only use it backing out of my trailer and my garage.

I haven’t heard of this car before however I know Foddril is a company who manufactures VW front end parts (arms) not sure if they also built some cars along the way as well. From the pictures the A Arm front end looks pretty bufff and good suspension all the way around.

Ad doesn’t mention what motor is in the car- I would find out what’s in it.

Says LS1 in the fist sentence right after make and year. Seems like a great deal.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t think Robby would gamble his name like that? That said if they take the $$ and deliver something different isn’t that bait and switch?

I don’t know.. ask any Tesla Model 3 owner. They don’t seem to care they were promised one thing and got another that was more expensive and later than promised.

He’s not gambling his name on anything, the car is not even done. They can tap dance and say anything they want in the name of “development” and “making the car faster than most class 1 cars”

That said if the deposit is refundable, decide if you want whatever they actually produce down the road.

getch

Reaction score
I like that a lot! How do ya know if it has the good trans? What are the pitfalls? Something about reverse?

That car has a mendeola 2d, basically the lowest end model of mendeolas transmissions. High end of of the price spectrum Imo for a car with that trans. As far as I know all of the mendeolas have a tiny reverse gear, shaft is as small as your pinky finger. Rule of thumb is to only use it on flat ground, if you use it while stuck it will break and you will not even feel it happen.

glamis0812

Reaction score
That car has a mendeola 2d, basically the lowest end model of mendeolas transmissions. High end of of the price spectrum Imo for a car with that trans. As far as I know all of the mendeolas have a tiny reverse gear, shaft is as small as your pinky finger. Rule of thumb is to only use it on flat ground, if you use it while stuck it will break and you will not even feel it happen.

2d’s have the smallest reverse gear when it comes to the mendeola’s, the bigger mendeola’s have a bigger gear which is definitely more usable.