WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eddie Money dead at 70

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
This has pretty much gutted my wife today, she was a big fan. Eddie got word that she missed his show we had meet and greet tickets for because of the long hours in the car business. Since he lived by us, he paid a visit to her at work and had a nice chat for an hour. Every time he would buy a car, she was the one that did his paperwork.

RIP Eddie. Thanks for the memories.

P.S. My wife just told me that this pic was taken 9 years ago... TODAY

70334220_3046151245427463_966571515107606528_n.jpg

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio he had passed. Not my type of music, but an icon of an era.

RIP

westair

Reaction score
Go in for a routine checkup and find out you have stage 4 cancer ……. RIP Eddie

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I admit when I heard his name on the radio today I recognized it as a musician but couldn't remember his songs. Then they played a few and I sang along to each. That is the sign of a good musician to me. Not know for his politics or his personal life but for his music. RIP sir.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Damn, big fan. He's debut album was great.My favorite song was Wanna be a Rick n roll star. Didn't get much radio play , but it kicked ass. Saw him in concert a few times.Gonna have to bust out the vinyl today

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Years ago we use to advertise on 96.7 KCAL, one year they had a special private party and Eddie Money performed for a couple hours. It was a great show and he was a super nice guy. RIP

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I guess he was only able to get one ticket to paradise. So sad, a great musician while growing up.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Saw him a time or two at the local fair in the 80’s. Good times. RIP.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Rip Eddie
Saw a few shows. Always good .

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wow, this sucks. I’m just old enough to have enjoyed his music as my parents enjoyed his music

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Sad deal.. Thankfully he left us with some great songs to remember him by. Rest in peace

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
As a kid growing up I recall mom and dad listening to the news in the morning and hearing, "honey, guess who died last night", its the same thing happening now with me. You get into your 50's and one by one the people you listened to, idolized, watched in sports, etc., as a kid start dying. Sucks getting old.

Cdog

Reaction score
As a kid growing up I recall mom and dad listening to the news in the morning and hearing, "honey, guess who died last night", its the same thing happening now with me. You get into your 50's and one by one the people you listened to, idolized, watched in sports, etc., as a kid start dying. Sucks getting old.

Yeah. First one I cared about was Joe Strummer back in 2002. I was born in 77 but was raised on the Clash. Bowie a couple of years back then Prince. Cool to see all of their influences live past their own lives.

Good speed!

boatpi

Reaction score
I just read he had a Cancer, many areas diagnosed not too long ago, at stage 4.
Life is short sometimes.

What a great family man had five kids!

rrrr

Reaction score
He was one of my favorites. I bought his debut album in 1977, and I have good memories of my life in that time frame.

One that stands out for some reason was me driving from Albuquerque to Los Alamos on a sunny morning. I was a GC superintendent on a 28 room addition to the Los Alamos Inn, and on that Monday I was heading back to work for the week.

I had purchased the cassette tape the day before, and the memory is me, stereo blasting and cool morning air through the open window while driving up La Bajada hill, and enjoying the view of the Ortiz Mountains to my right and the Jemez Mountains on my left.

"Two Tickets" was playing as I crested the hill, the post dawn light casting shadows as the sun climbed from the horizon.

I don't know why the scene has stuck in my head all these years. It was just another day. Maybe it was the combination of early morning light, the cool breeze, the scenery, and good new music.

Rest easy, Eddie.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Nearly every rocker worth a listen is now in their seventies. In another 5-10 yrs the worldwide music scene will be changed forever.
Lately I have been making a point of attending as many concert as I possibly can. Flew to Colorado last month just to see Joe Bonamasa at Red Rocks. That place was a bucket list item, and of course JB is the hardest working man in music right now. The Stones were were in town the same night, but I've never really been a fan. Maybe next time ? With those guys there is always a next time it seems.

Tank

Reaction score
Buddy of mine was banging his wife about 10 years ago.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
I saw him play at Tulloch Lake Poker Flat on a floating stage years ago...Really liked his music. RIP

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
R.I.P. the wife and I saw him many times and always a favorite.

cofooter

Reaction score
RIP, never got to see him, but always enjoyed his music.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... never saw him live but used to see his name on the marquee at the Palomino club in North Hollywood all the time ...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not your type of music? What are you Gay?
Not gay...just maybe a tad younger than his target audience. When he was getting a lot of radio play, I wasn't the one controlling the radio. Mom and Pops listened to country, and my older sister listened to punk and hair bands. By the time I was in my own car (radio freedom) it was George's (both Strait and Jones), Slayer, Metallica...an odd mix of that stuff from the era.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I dated a girl that was good friends with him. Met him with her at a concert in orange county.

He seemed like a really nice guy and we hung out with him in the tour bus. I actually liked him as a person also.

Rest in peace my short term friend.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Havalife

Reaction score
I was flipping through the channels this week and stopped on a show. I had no idea who the guy was at first, he took his daughter and maybe wife to a spa and was getting his hair cut. He was thin on the hair and they were having a few laughs. I was watching and thinking I am now at that age of thin hair and he was having a good time so I need to get over it. I was trying to figure out who he was then the guy cutting his hair said he had been doing Eddies hair for around 20 years. I thought he looked happy but had something going on, then the wife texted me a few days later that Eddie Money passed.
RIP Eddie you will always be remembered and your music will live on.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Not gay...just maybe a tad younger than his target audience. When he was getting a lot of radio play, I wasn't the one controlling the radio. Mom and Pops listened to country, and my older sister listened to punk and hair bands. By the time I was in my own car (radio freedom) it was George's (both Strait and Jones), Slayer, Metallica...an odd mix of that stuff from the era.
Can't go wrong with Slayer and early years Metallica. Not sure about your taste in country though... I'm more of a David Allen Coe guy myself.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Slayer and early years Metallica. Not sure about your taste in country though... I'm more of a David Allen Coe guy myself.
Now days my country is more Hank, Hank III maybe some Jr. Brown or Chris Ledoux...Depends on the mood or task at hand. Pantera and old Metallica, and newer stuff from FFDP, Godsmack and Disturbed make up the general playlist in my shop lately.

C-2

Reaction score
I saw him at The Swing Auditorium in SBDO.

Some awesome tributes coming in...

707dog

Reaction score
Nearly every rocker worth a listen is now in their seventies. In another 5-10 yrs the worldwide music scene will be changed forever.
Lately I have been making a point of attending as many concert as I possibly can. Flew to Colorado last month just to see Joe Bonamasa at Red Rocks. That place was a bucket list item, and of course JB is the hardest working man in music right now. The Stones were were in town the same night, but I've never really been a fan. Maybe next time ? With those guys there is always a next time it seems.
agree there will not be many if any left i told my wife the same thing that i want to start getting out to enjoy these bands before they are no more. its part of my bucket list also but fuk going to concerts on a tuesday or wednesday nights suck