WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Rjt01

Reaction score
4013A9B6-905A-4125-B095-0FF5EEE3A1D1.png
Looking for more pics of this boat . It’s my boat in the good ol days . Any pics and info would be awesome as this is what I want to paint it when it’s time to restore it .

sintax

Reaction score
Looking for more pics of this boat . It’s my boat in the good ol days . Any pics and info would be awesome as this is what I want to paint it when it’s time to restore it .

Any pics of it now ?? I bet Jerry can dig up some pics, the guy is some sort of image wizard. =)

sintax

Reaction score
Here is some pics of her now

Oh killer man, very nice. Yea i've see it a few times on here. Its a looker for sure, I kinda like it as is, but i understand the drive to return it to its previous life.

Rjt01

Reaction score
Oh killer man, very nice. Yea i've see it a few times on here. Its a looker for sure, I kinda like it as is, but i understand the drive to return it to its previous life.
Yes , that’s the plan . I think she deserves it after a long hard life lol . Within the next few months or end of next season is when I bite the bullet and strip her down and all new stringers , bulk head and new gel or paint . Just got a fresh block for the new build and on the lookout for those mechanical stacks .

Rjt01

Reaction score
Now to find out what color the racing numbers is . Looks like baby blue in one pic and green in the other . Do u know the year SS ???

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Hot damn it has the same reg number . Sir u don’t know how happy I am right now . A BIG thank u and I owe u a case or 2 of ur favorite beverage.

All of those pics were from 2 different events. One was ‘85 or ‘86 and the other ‘88. Both at Firebird raceway. Looks like the numbers were green at one time and blue at another.

Rjt01

Reaction score
DE17B15D-C207-4446-85DE-A62EE83ACFCE.jpeg
F7BD1427-BE33-4FD5-903B-5CE0FBB231D0.jpeg
38F61466-85F3-4217-9F46-A4ED40D88984.jpeg
60E70442-1CEE-471D-85DB-29CA1CEE5001.jpeg
10C6D0DE-6E72-4C25-BF58-F7120C4D05EF.jpeg
All of those pics were from 2 different events. One was ‘85 or ‘86 and the other ‘88. Both at Firebird raceway. Looks like the numbers were green at one time and blue at another.
That would explain the color change . Dustin , the guy who bought the boat from just sent me pics of when he bought the boat .

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Rjt01

Reaction score
I wonder if your boat was owned by John Bonnici at one time. He ran the 98 number and name Margaritta ville on his Rayson Crafts.
Good possibility, will have to research it . Going to the regatta in October so hopefully I can talk with Stan and get more info , more the merrier lol .

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Good possibility, will have to research it . Going to the regatta in October so hopefully I can talk with Stan and get more info , more the merrier lol .

I messaged one of John's best friends so we'll see what he says. I would imagine Riverbottom knows about your boat and certainly gottaminute.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The E-Boat is ready. Call Eric Sammons if you would like to reserve your seat for a few laps. Only 200 bucks for 36.miles.of unadulterated fun!

Watch "E-12" on YouTube

I'll be a safety boat again this year. See ya soon.

gottaminute?

Reaction score
I bet you are correct, and gottamiute would most likely know everything. I am not any help on this one.
Definitely is (was) john Bonnici's boat. those pics are from his back yard. I am sure I have some old GN racing pictures of it ( maybe san diego, Castaic etc) . I will also see if I have a number for John. A lot of good times were had racing with John.

pat

I really need to dig out a bunch of Rush boat pics too.

Rjt01

Reaction score
Definitely is (was) john Bonnici's boat. those pics are from his back yard. I am sure I have some old GN racing pictures of it ( maybe san diego, Castaic etc) . I will also see if I have a number for John. A lot of good times were had racing with John.

pat

That would be cool if u can get more pictures. And contact number . Would love to talk to him about the boat . You guys have been so helpful with this and hopefully one day I can pay it back .

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

pat

Hey Pat, thanks for the clarification. Gary Koehler would love to reconnect with John if have John's current contact info.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

pat

What was his GN number?

Rjt01

Reaction score
Can’t believe how beat up the water got on the first race . Now I know what my lill boet will handle lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lol so do I RM been hunting on the ol interweb looking for any info on this . I even called the GN association in redondo beach and the sent me to the GN boat races on Facebook. So hopefully more info is found there . Fingers crossed lol

Have you talked to Ross yet?