WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GPS

teded

Reaction score
What is a good turn by turn trail navigation system for a sxs, but not to pricey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I use motion x GPS on my iPad. You would have to download specific files to get turn by turn. I load way points and don’t use turn by turn though

494E7C9A-76E4-42CF-A214-7F932B8EFB1A.jpeg

teded

Reaction score
I use motion x GPS on my iPad. You would have to download specific files to get turn by turn. I load way points and don’t use turn by turn though

View attachment 784514

Doesn’t that require internet? I was looking for a satellite gps system

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn’t that require internet? I was looking for a satellite gps system

No. You Load the app. Then load “tiles” for the areas you will be off roading. This is all done while you have service and then the system works offline.

teded

Reaction score
I would like something that shows me where I’m at. Also turn directions.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Turn directions are loaded by your or another person who marked the trail. Some trails are loaded but most are not. I have spent hours and hours creating turn by turn maps for my rides. I should sell them but I don’t. No gps system will be like a car gps. Because trails are not roads and never will be. Mostly done by the users. You can find maps online for the popular areas but that’s about it.

Part of getting a gps is learning how to use it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you don’t want a Tablet, you can get a Lowrance Hook 2 5 inch for under $300. There is a learning curve, but it is hot hard to pick up.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I have the Lowrance HDS 7 in my XRS X3 Max, and it works well. It shows where you are in relation to towns, landmarks, etc. The trails won't show unless someone has downloaded them into the unit. PCI has a chip with most of the trails on it, I think it's $100.
Be careful to get a unit thats big enough for you to see it while driving. I had a HDS 5 and it was way too small. I'm thinking about the HDS 9 for my X3.
Look on EBay, the prices seem to be the best there.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I have the Lowrance HDS 7 in my XRS X3 Max, and it works well. It shows where you are in relation to towns, landmarks, etc. The trails won't show unless someone has downloaded them into the unit. PCI has a chip with most of the trails on it, I think it's $100.
Be careful to get a unit thats big enough for you to see it while driving. I had a HDS 5 and it was way too small. I'm thinking about the HDS 9 for my X3.
Look on EBay, the prices seem to be the best there.

I agree love my Lowrance, but yeah the 5" Screen is a little bit of a challenge to see while moving, lol. My next Lowrance will be a 9" Screen

yz450mm

Reaction score
I agree love my Lowrance, but yeah the 5" Screen is a little bit of a challenge to see while moving, lol. My next Lowrance will be a 9" Screen
Yup, x2.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I had mine in my ranger and I swear I could never figure that thing out.. I just used the blue lines to know if I had been there or not and how to get home if I zoomed out. LOL.

Polaris Ride Command is a bitchen free app that I use now and I like it for anything around Havasu (or popular riding destinations)

RD

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I had mine in my ranger and I swear I could never figure that thing out.. I just used the blue lines to know if I had been there or not and how to get home if I zoomed out. LOL.

Polaris Ride Command is a bitchen free app that I use now and I like it for anything around Havasu (or popular riding destinations)

RD

If you can write code for a CNC you can figure out the Lowrance, lol. Once you get use to the programming sequences it’s a piece of cake!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If you can write code for a CNC you can figure out the Lowrance, lol. Once you get use to the programming sequences it’s a piece of cake!
Exactly, I’m pretty good with it now. Just learning how to use it

muniburger

Reaction score
Same. I mount my iPad mini and just bought a tablet holder. I only use the free google maps and connect the table to my audio for directions.

teded

Reaction score
Bought a Magellan Trx 7, Slowly figuring it out and it seems to be very helpful.