WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Getting some buds

BakerBandit1

Reaction score
Wha

What's your plan?
This is only going to get to be a bigger problem and I don't want to see Bayer setting the course.
Bayer setting the course? Monsanto owns Scott’s fertilizer and they bought the industry . The lobbied millions to “legalize “ what was already perfect in Cali. They bought General Hydroponics , major grow light manufactures. Hello corporate weed.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Bayer setting the course? Monsanto owns Scott’s fertilizer and they bought the industry . The lobbied millions to “legalize “ what was already perfect in Cali. They bought General Hydroponics , major grow light manufactures. Hello corporate weed.
I don't know anything about the Clintons or Monsanto. Leave me out of that.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I guess if your mike tyson or a pharmaceutical company,riverside will give you permits. No permits in unincorporated riverside. Tomorrow is raid monday up here in the Anza/ Aguanga valley. Sad to see bunches of cannabis get helicopter rides .

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I saved a 1 pound coffee can full of Acapulco Gold seeds for 20 years...a friend of mine was growing in Northern California so I gave them to him ...unfortunately he got sick and passed away so I never really knew the results of the grow...or actually in weather after 20 years the seeds would’ve still been good... Dunno???...

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_1666.JPG

NMDA inspector is on the way to pull harvest samples. We should be harvesting about the first of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
...I saved a 1 pound coffee can full of Acapulco Gold seeds for 20 years...a friend of mine was growing in Northern California so I gave them to him ...unfortunately he got sick and passed away so I never really knew the results of the grow...or actually in weather after 20 years the seeds would’ve still been good... Dunno???...

They still had A-Gold 20 years ago ? --- sheesh I'd have guessed those genetics were improved on at least 20 years prior to that :p:p
Would current generations even cop a buzz from that baby boomer fav ? :rolleyes:

Taboma

Reaction score
Fuk me, damned tobacco worm's have set in. I'm thinking the plant that has them the worst is about ready for harvest. Picked about 30 or so off this evening and not sure to push the chop a bit early to avoid further damage.
Thoughts???

I'm fighting their cousins on my tomato plants, had no idea their tobacco loving cousins enjoyed munching on pot plants. :mad:
Quite the entertaining posts, I love growing stuff, I'm tempted just as a hobby.
Considering the popularity of these threads, perhaps Dave will consider a dedicated forum section, lol :D Riverdave's Garden :p

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
How the hell do you keep the rural town kids armed with scissors out of those fields ?
He’s growing hemp which doesn’t get you high. It’s got a million uses but getting high isn’t one of them. Lol
There’s a farmer just north of me that had about 150 plants stolen. General public, kids especially, don’t really understand there’s a difference. Plus the only non smoking way to know if it has thc or not not is running a lab sample. I’ve pretty much got corn planted all around it, and on a very low traffic part of my farm.

BakerBandit1

Reaction score
There’s a farmer just north of me that had about 150 plants stolen. General public, kids especially, don’t really understand there’s a difference. Plus the only non smoking way to know if it has thc or not not is running a lab sample. I’ve pretty much got corn planted all around it, and on a very low traffic part of my farm.
thats horrible, I’d say 150 plants is enough to tell me they knew what they were stealing and the fuckers took it for cbd extraction or some quick buck they didn’t have to work for.

Taboma

Reaction score

Do the non-thc plants grow buds and looks wise are hard to distinguish ?

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
thats horrible, I’d say 150 plants is enough to tell me they knew what they were stealing and the fuckers took it for cbd extraction or some quick buck they didn’t have to work for.
I kinda doubt it. It was a few weeks back, the plants were just starting to flower so they were kind of useless or at least Very low yield for oil. Unless tweekers are buying expensive expelling equipment, it just seemed really stupid... like a crook.
Do the non-thc plants grow buds and looks wise are hard to distinguish ?
Pretty much as varieties vary in looks somewhat. But yes, very similar.

FlatNv

Reaction score
have a friend that grows industrial hemp he is constantly getting buds stolen off his plants, you cant tell the difference between THC and non THC.. maybe someone lot more familiar, but for me it looks and smells just like the real stuff :)

the whole industrial hemp deal is very interesting to me.. many uses

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
So after my knee surgery I had a friend give me some coconut oil infused with CBD and? Gumdrop shaped topical rubs.
Stuff worked good. Smelled like weed.
I assumed it was extracted the same way they make cannabutter.
Does anybody know if you can do this with strictly CBD plants. If you use regular buds and don't decarboxylate is it the same. Is it better to decarboxylate?
I want to start making my own. Curious if anybody is done this.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Well my first plant was almost destroyed by the tobacco worms, would up having to trash about half of it.
My other plant is doing fine and I have covered it with some screen material to try and keep the critters out. Looking at the trichomes yesterday I'll say it'll be ready next week sometime.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Well my first plant was almost destroyed by the tobacco worms, would up having to trash about half of it.
My other plant is doing fine and I have covered it with some screen material to try and keep the critters out. Looking at the trichomes yesterday I'll say it'll be ready next week sometime.
Freaking worms are the bane of my existence

sirbob

Reaction score
Questions for those that planted their own...

When did you plant these plants?
How long is the typical grow season in southern cal for outdoor plants?

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score

I planted m

I started my seed late April because it was still so cold here,should be ready middle October. Different strains take different amounts of time.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I planted m

I started my seed late April because it was still so cold here,should be ready middle October. Different strains take different amounts of time.
Sorry one was started/planted in
I planted m

Sorry planted end of April in 15 and 20 gallon pots

ROZ

Reaction score
Neighbor in California was hit by the DEA "weed team" a couple weeks ago. Not sure how many plants he had, but it was well known in the neighborhood that he was growing.

FEDS still bust... I know of someone who was transporting from his grow to another facility and was busted. I don’t think he’ll face charges but the FED took all of the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My uncle has been growing and i tried it for the first time when I was up in Tahoe. The high was extremely mellow. Nothing like the crap I have been getting at dispensaries that is too strong. I might need to start growing my own because I could smoke one of those J's happily every night.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
My uncle has been growing and i tried it for the first time when I was up in Tahoe. The high was extremely mellow. Nothing like the crap I have been getting at dispensaries that is too strong. I might need to start growing my own because I could smoke one of those J's happily every night.

It's all about the trichomes , they determine what kind of high you get.
922e5908f6b6be60a02c9b3c7bc41bdb.jpg

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190923-200044_eBay.jpg
Anyone ever use these, I just ordered some. No need to burp the storage jars.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Yep, use these 62%er's but still burp for the first couple of weeks. Got two jars left from my 10/1/2018 harvest and there still perfectly moist and fresh.
Really nice tasting as well.
15692945064844482536789340719448.jpg

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I dont have a temp controlled garage and my stuff is drying to fast , so I figured I'd try some. Wife won't let me bring the 6 plants into my office.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Who knew ? We have a bunch of Stoners on RD . Ha !

As i use to partake in a good buzz, I dont any more .
But if that doc ever tells me , hey maybe this will work for medical reason .
I will be the first one , to be laughing, until my stomach and mouth hurts ,
with a jar of milk and cookies near by , to consume at high rate of speed .