WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New truck

framer1

Reaction score
Question: I just bought a Z-71 half ton truck. It came with a 2 inch lift. To me it doesn't look right. The front end is probably 2 inches lower. What i'm asking is what problems will I Have if I put on a 2" Leveling kit to the front end? Things like messed up front and riding rougher. Thanks

Rondog4405

Reaction score
My z-71 is leveled. Still feels like it did when i rolled it off the lot. Rides great:D
20180404_161209.jpg

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you have the truck aligned properly after installing the leveling kit, it will ride and drive as stock if you do, if you don’t the steering will feel looser and you will wear the outside of the front tires!! My 2018 Has been leveled and drives as stock (after the headlight adjustment)

JJK94

Reaction score
Just make sure you have the truck aligned properly after installing the leveling kit, it will ride and drive as stock if you do, if you don’t the steering will feel looser and you will wear the outside of the front tires!! My 2018 Has been leveled and drives as stock (after the headlight adjustment)
Have a 2018 also, What kit was used. thx

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
9CBCD262-29EC-4DCD-A972-A5025B976F96.jpeg
Sorry I Have no idea, bought the cheapest (lower) strut spacers off of eBay- works great!

braindead

Reaction score
Question: I just bought a Z-71 half ton truck. It came with a 2 inch lift. To me it doesn't look right. The front end is probably 2 inches lower. What i'm asking is what problems will I Have if I put on a 2" Leveling kit to the front end? Things like messed up front and riding rougher. Thanks

So it has a front and rear 2" lift kit, If that's the case remove the lift out of the rear, problem solved.

Not sure adding a leveling kit to a 2" lift would be good for geometry

Riverryder

Reaction score
Doit right and throw good shocks on it. Don’t do the cheap lift especially if you going to be driving th truck with family in it. Spacers are bad for ball joint
IMG_2186.JPG
angle. Wears out the front suspension faster and you won’t have any droop when you compress the suspension.
I have an 18 I have Kings and a mazzulla billet upper. Drives and rides Better then stock and I don’t think twice about hittin a bump or anythin. My brother on the other hand went cheap and hates it’s he’s gettin a kit soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Doit right and throw good shocks on it. Don’t do the cheap lift especially if you going to be driving th truck with family in it. Spacers are bad for ball joint View attachment 800768 angle. Wears out the front suspension faster and you won’t have any droop when you compress the suspension.
I have an 18 I have Kings and a mazzulla billet upper. Drives and rides Better then stock and I don’t think twice about hittin a bump or anythin. My brother on the other hand went cheap and hates it’s he’s gettin a kit soon too.

I’ve got a similar setup as you...that’s the way to do it right [emoji106]

IMG_0557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What nobody has asked..... What year truck?

Torsion bar front end versus coilovers are pretty different answers I believe.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I have the 2019 trail boss and it does this as well looking for a solution as well without spending a fortune.

framer1

Reaction score
I have the 2019 trail boss and it does this as well looking for a solution as well without spending a fortune.

That's the same truck that I have. 2019 Z71 trail boss. Taps in Paso Robles said they could do the leveling kit and an alinement for four hundred out the door. That didn't seem to bad.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
IMG_9417.jpg
That's the same truck that I have. 2019 Z71 trail boss. Taps in Paso Robles said they could do the leveling kit and an alinement for four hundred out the door. That didn't seem to bad.
what type of kit is it any idea on the particulars. I don't want to void the warranty but bought it with the lift thinking it would be good to go. Also I keep staring at my wheels for some reason they look too small. Hope I didn't put that in your head now I may go larger on tires as soon as these get some wear.

framer1

Reaction score
what type of kit is it any idea on the particulars. I don't want to void the warranty but bought it with the lift thinking it would be good to go. Also I keep staring at my wheels for some reason they look too small. Hope I didn't put that in your head now I may go larger on tires as soon as these get some wear.

I thought the same thing about the tires. I will wait until they are worn out. I called the Chevy place where I bought the truck and asked if I would have a warranty problem. The guy said probably not if the problem wasn't related to the lift. He also said don't bring it up if you have to bring it in. I already dumped the stock steps and put on the retractable ones. Still not sure about the lift yet. I'm not sure what type of lift yet, I may go down to Taps today to get more info.

Riverryder

Reaction score
View attachment 800803

Leveling kits void warranty, if you take it to 4 wheel parts they give you a different kind of warranty that covers the truck. If you put bigger tires on it and the dealer didn’t doit your warranty is voided as well. If you want the back to sit down a little take the block out.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I thought the same thing about the tires. I will wait until they are worn out. I called the Chevy place where I bought the truck and asked if I would have a warranty problem. The guy said probably not if the problem wasn't related to the lift. He also said don't bring it up if you have to bring it in. I already dumped the stock steps and put on the retractable ones. Still not sure about the lift yet. I'm not sure what type of lift yet, I may go down to Taps today to get more info.

Don’t listen to the stealer ship employees they lie. If you want a warranty leave it stock. The second you touch it they will some how try and connect the dots to make sure nothing is covered.

Brother has a 17 bought it used completely stock with 9k trans didn’t feel good toke it in the 3rd day owning it. They told him nothings wrong ended up taking it 5 times even toke the manager, trans guy and suspension guy for a ride to show them what it was doing. They finally fixed it after waiting 3 months.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I wanted to go with the retractable but I heard no so great things about them. Let me know what you find out please.

framer1

Reaction score
I wanted to go with the retractable but I heard no so great things about them. Let me know what you find out please.

I have them on my 2006 gmc , which I put on new in 06. They still work good. The new ones have a 5 seconds delay after you close the door. They were telling me that makes them last longer.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Leveling kits void warranty, if you take it to 4 wheel parts they give you a different kind of warranty that covers the truck. If you put bigger tires on it and the dealer didn’t doit your warranty is voided as well. If you want the back to sit down a little take the block out.

Leveling kits only void the warranty if something goes wrong directly related to the leveling kit. Per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, warranty companies have to prove whatever you did to the vehicle directly caused the issue. Meaning, they would have to prove that the leveling kit caused problems with the transmission for them to deny the transmission claim.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Leveling kits only void the warranty if something goes wrong directly related to the leveling kit. Per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, warranty companies have to prove whatever you did to the vehicle directly caused the issue. Meaning, they would have to prove that the leveling kit caused problems with the transmission for them to deny the transmission claim.

Good to know! The dealers here in Vegas are a absolute joke so it’s good to know that. I had went for a simple oil change and had 3 out of 4 rims scratched to hell and it toke me 2 visits and 2 months to get new ones.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Not a Trail Boss but my 19 Z71. Trail Boss has a facotry 2"lift all the way around. I know guys who put a 1" block in rear and left stock front set up. There are also numerous threads in this site www.gm-trucks.com in the Gen 6 section about adding a 1" more lift to the front of a Trail Boss.

My truck is actually 3" lift front and 1" rear. I am actually coming down .5 in front.

20190829_180152.jpg

20190907_135331.jpg

Riverryder

Reaction score
Not completely true. 99-06 every 4wd is torsion as well as some 2wd's. Our 2wd Tahoe has torsion.

Figured but the internet is always right so didn’t want to argue!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Coil over shock, not strut.

I got KINGS BRO! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Haha dam I really screwed the pooch on this one. Carry on I will sit down now.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I have never noticed this with my Trail Boss. When I get a new ride I hang out in the garage a little bit with a few beers checking it out and start thinking I need to do this, this, this, and that? …. give it 30 days and see if its still important. I tinted my windows, wrapped the matte plastic around the windows with some gloss, wrapped the bowtie upfront with some carbon fiber...good to go. I agree the tires look small, and if your not off-roading a less aggressive tire would ride better. However coming from a Chevy sports car and still driving P/T a Jeep with 37's in need of shocks, this truck is like a Cadillac just the way it is.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust TAPS personally. When I worked at Big Brand down the street we fixed quiet a few things for them and from them.

framer1

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust TAPS personally. When I worked at Big Brand down the street we fixed quiet a few things for them and from them.

I have had a few things done there and they have all turn out good. I guess you just never know.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk