WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cactus RV - When the house of cards falls..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is Cactus Rv Center in havasu. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH Catctus RV in Tucson.

Sherriff’s over there this morning with the flooring companies taking RV’s & boats.

I can’t confirm first hand but my buddy was there this morning saying at least one boat was in for service that the flooring company hadn’t been paid for and they will he taking the boat back so he’s likely up shit creek.

All the RV’s were moved out of there this AM.

If you have a deposit down there or were going down there for service or warranty work I’d get in the truck immediately.

Not to be confused with other cactus arc’s in AZ! Just Havasu

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
If he did a legal purchase wouldn’t the boat owner be protected - not his fault the dealer didn’t pay the bank?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If he did a legal purchase wouldn’t the boat owner be protected - not his fault the dealer didn’t pay the bank?

Word on the street is there was a lot of cash deals and the cash was pocketed and now one of the owners is gone.

No titles no boat boat, no trailer trailer. One was in for service or warranty or something and the flooring company said “we are taking that one too”. Unfortunately I am pretty sure the guy is an rdp member.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What does the flooring company have to do with REPO’ing boats?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What does the flooring company have to do with REPO’ing boats?

They manage the credit line that pays for the inventory, they get paid monthly for the loan, likely that wasnt being done and or they were selling them and not paying off the credit line, keeping the money. The inventory is the collateral for the credit line.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Aaaaand there it is. My buddy had issues with them just trying to get his new toon serviced and an estimate for insurance damage. Knew they were screwed up behind the counter but not to that extent!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Never dealt with them, but I thought I heard they were a good RV dealership? pretty sure this is a place a lot of people from glamisdunes.com deal with.... unless I have the names mixed up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They manage the credit line that pays for the inventory, they get paid monthly for the loan, likely that wasnt being done and or they were selling them and not paying off the credit line, keeping the money. The inventory is the collateral for the credit line.

And the interest rate on each unit in inventory increases over time, thus why a dealer wants to move cars that have been sitting on the lot a long time, and also why they dont want inventory that isnt likely to sell quick. My dad was a chevy dealer and he used to flip out when chevy would send him green cars and trucks, they took forever to sell.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Word on the street is there was a lot of cash deals and the cash was pocketed and now one of the owners is gone.

No titles no boat boat, no trailer trailer. One was in for service or warranty or something and the flooring company said “we are taking that one too”. Unfortunately I am pretty sure the guy is an rdp member.

Cash deals....like cash deals for 2 pontoons? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
And the interest rate on each unit in inventory increases over time, thus why a dealer wants to move cars that have been sitting on the lot a long time, and also why they dont want inventory that isnt likely to sell quick. My dad was a chevy dealer and he used to flip out when chevy would send him green cars and trucks, they took forever to sell.

The interest rate doesn't increase but the dealer has curtailments which requires them to pay down on the principle balance, thus reducing the risk to the flooring company of slow moving inventory.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Never dealt with them, but I thought I heard they were a good RV dealership? pretty sure this is a place a lot of people from glamisdunes.com deal with.... unless I have the names mixed up.

Don’t think it’s the same one. Same name yes, different company. It was discussed on here before.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I don’t know but if I paid cash and have not received a title on a trailer or boat yet I’d be a little worried. OK maybe a lot worried.
Same thing if making payments and no payment book yet.:eek:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Well........when you are sitting on a bunch of junk pontoon inventory, being sold for insane prices, this doesn't surprise me. These guys had boats all over the place just rotting in the sun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Well........when you are sitting on a bunch of junk pontoon inventory, being sold for insane prices, this doesn't surprise me. These guys had boats all over the place just rotting in the sun.

Was this joint on that moved to the dirt lot?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Still have a ton of pontoons out front. All but one of the RV’s is gone.

The empty rows is where the RV’s were.. we drove by it on the way home yesterday and I was saying “god damn that’s a lot of inventory.” Had no idea most of it would be gone this am.

B1FBEA6A-6534-4C8C-9C25-72F995733A9E.jpeg
3E46E847-7F31-4BAC-8A5A-08B2241DA359.jpeg
F5DAB33E-8D05-4B73-B2B0-E1CCC208AA8C.jpeg
E242BF71-D821-4664-B945-00D14D59CF9C.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
Flooring companies have a lot of power - just ask Magic Boats...

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
they hauled them there with no trailers....couldn't they just haul them away the same way they got there???
It was kind of a joke but yes they bring them in on big trailers and unload with a crane. I would bet more involved if in fact they are going to take the toons
After giving them a third chance and what they offered me for trade in prices on my boats they can pound sand.
Their prices aren't really that great anyway
After today I can't imagine anyone walking through the front door
g'bye
Sincerely,
pain in the ass

sirbob

Reaction score
True they have a lot of power but Magic was a whole different story.

I thought they were the ones that closed them because they were popping hulls and calling them finished boats and getting the cash???

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I thought they were the ones that closed them because they were popping hulls and calling them finished boats and getting the cash???

They were. But that was a different story as they were the manufacturer and the dealer. Have a whole lot of other things that went along with that debacle.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Sherriff’s over there this morning with the flooring companies taking RV’s & boats.

I can’t confirm first hand but my buddy was there this morning saying at least one boat was in for service that the flooring company hadn’t been paid for and they will he taking the boat back so he’s likely up shit creek.

All the RV’s were moved out of there this AM.

If you have a deposit down there or were going down there for service or warranty work I’d get in the truck immediately.

Cactus RV of Tucson has no relationship with this company in Havasu for clarification. I am personal friends of the owners and I can vouch for that information as 100% correct. Also Cactus Rv Tucson is 100% in business and good to go.

Singleton

Reaction score

That’s only part of it. Flooring company did call the loans, but multiple issues sunk that boat.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
well... certainly not what a customer likes to see, hear or read about. I hope not to offend anyone, and I am not going to bat to defend anyone either right now. As a customer, I purchased my toon from Cactus, I felt I was treated fairly. A few hiccups along the way, but I managed the necessary follow ups.

Seeing and reading this caught my attention. I feel that I have got to know a few people that work there that have been helpful with my service and warranty needs, so I decided to call and ask if things were ok. Things seem odd, but not always straight forward. Sounds like there are some changes taking place and some work being done over the next 2 weeks or so. I was told that some inventory was being moved, when I asked if units were being taken away or repossessed it was denied.

Paging @warlock250, I know you have a target on your back here with some inmates, but maybe you would like to share some additional light on the future for us as customers.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
The interest rate doesn't increase but the dealer has curtailments which requires them to pay down on the principle balance, thus reducing the risk to the flooring company of slow moving inventory.

Depending on the deal made between the manufacture and the flooring company, the dealer is responsible for the interest rate, and it absolutely increase as the unit ages.

curtailments can be as high as 2% of invoice each month