WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas Post Whore Thread

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Texas Chapter is growing, here’s a dedicated for us to talk about what’s happening in God’s Country [emoji106]

Hope y’all down south are staying dry...these rains and flash floods are brutal.

Some spotty rain and cloud cover in DFW, along with cooler temps. Nothing like this, tho...

IMG_2580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
That would be "Petro" down in Beaumont..Beaumont got slammed with this storm, We are forecast up to 6 inches of rain through this evening in Louisiana

Last edited:

farmo83

Reaction score
Two of the top 5 wettest tropical storms of all time have hit Southeast Texas in 3 years, can we get a break please ?

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Funny, 100 miles south of Houston & I'm having to mow & shred. No real rain here for days. :confused:

pronstar

Reaction score
Funny, 100 miles south of Houston & I'm having to mow & shred. No real rain here for days. :confused:

South of Houston?
That’s wild...we’ve got cloud cover near Dallas and some rain. I’d expect y’all to have a lot of rain.

Devilman

Reaction score
South of Houston?
That’s wild...we’ve got cloud cover near Dallas and some rain. I’d expect y’all to have a lot of rain.

Yessir, straight down 59 right outside a little town called Edna. We did have some showers at the beginning of the week, but nothing out of the ordinary. I thought for sure we'd have more off those systems moving around Houston area, but it never made it down here.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Send some of it my way please. Hill country has been dry for a couple months now.

Not a lot, just some

pronstar

Reaction score
There’s a thread in the main forum about car registrations in CA.

Any of you new CA transplants register your cars yet?
You’re in for a pleasant surprise.

Our 03 Bimmer and 15 Silverado were both the same, ~$70 each [emoji106]

Yellowboat

Reaction score
There’s a thread in the main forum about car registrations in CA.

Any of you new CA transplants register your cars yet?
You’re in for a pleasant surprise.

Our 03 Bimmer and 15 Silverado were both the same, ~$70 each [emoji106]

Don't have one in the state yet. Working for some one still feels so strange. Flying back and forth sucks ass too.

sirbob

Reaction score
Why wouldn't those trucks move ? Are they not able to drive to higher ground? Looks like they went to sleep and woke up submerged!

Maybe they didn't know it was going to dump?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am flying into Houston on Monday for work, I heard IAH was flooded, you guys think I will make it in?

Devilman

Reaction score
This was our friends radar in Conroe. View attachment 800057

And we are officially official as of yesterday. Got our Texas licenses. Bring on hunting season!

Holy cow! That said, replace the lightning bolts with poop emojis and it'd look like that San Francisco shit map I've seen posted here lol :p

Welcome to Texas by the way. (thumbsup emoji here) :D

pronstar

Reaction score
And we are officially official as of yesterday. Got our Texas licenses. Bring on hunting season!

Guy from a gun forum I’m on extended this invite to me...pigs, ducks, turkey and more:

“I'd like to offer you access to good hunting land that you're welcome to hunt. Family, adjacent ranches, and many spots around Frisco from 121 to 380 to E of 75 n 121. I don't have to be there, you can go and enjoy yourselves. All that's need is a signed release of liability jic for the landowners peace of mind. “

Another buddy has 400+ acres near Gober.

If y’all are interested, the forum is Texas Gun Talk and it’s low-drama [emoji106]

I’ve got the same screen name there.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So somebody's gotta say it... what's the over/under on how long it takes Beto to get run out of town?! Fuck, I'll bet he ends up in commiefornia.

Unrelated note, I just ordered the new name decals for my Ultra:eek:
Screenshot_20190919-211458_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
You staying dry down there in H Town?

Hey Robert ... I'm in Spring ... about 25-30 miles north of Houston. My area got nailed, but not nearly as bad as other areas. I thought it was over today, then it started to dump again.

Hope all is well with you guys, haven't seen you for a while ... maybe I'll take a drive up there one of these weekends.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Guy from a gun forum I’m on extended this invite to me...pigs, ducks, turkey and more:

“I'd like to offer you access to good hunting land that you're welcome to hunt. Family, adjacent ranches, and many spots around Frisco from 121 to 380 to E of 75 n 121. I don't have to be there, you can go and enjoy yourselves. All that's need is a signed release of liability jic for the landowners peace of mind. “

Another buddy has 400+ acres near Gober.

If y’all are interested, the forum is Texas Gun Talk and it’s low-drama [emoji106]

I’ve got the same screen name there.

Where do i send my release form!

pronstar

Reaction score
Hey Robert ... I'm in Spring ... about 25-30 miles north of Houston. My area got nailed, but not nearly as bad as other areas. I thought it was over today, then it started to dump again.

Hope all is well with you guys, haven't seen you for a while ... maybe I'll take a drive up there one of these weekends.

Or vice-versus a if we’re down there [emoji106]

Definitely been a while, would be cool to catch-up.

farmo83

Reaction score
The two seasons I've always followed were:

Boating Season, and Hunting Season.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Why wouldn't those trucks move ? Are they not able to drive to higher ground? Looks like they went to sleep and woke up submerged!

Maybe they didn't know it was going to dump?
The issue in these situations is not knowing what path to take to get to higher ground. Those trucks are in an area that took on 40" plus in less than 48 hours. You cannot see/sense far enough to move during that hard of a rain and thus they stayed until it subsided and that's where the sit, not knowing what is a safe path......

If you are at all familiar with Houston, there are sections of interstate that some times get one of these heavy rain events and flash flood before drivers can exit. A stretch of I10 between I45 and the I610 loop has gone under water and trapped buses and semi's forcing drivers to get the hell out and climb the banks up to surface streets. I've gotten stuck coming into downtown where I literally could not see past my windshield. It was eerily like being in a box. You can't see anything and must pull over and hope no one runs into you. Those trucks got where they sit in that kind of conditions.

We don't just get heavy rain over long periods, we get it in virtual minutes/hours. Our flash floods don't come "downstream" they come vertically from above.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I think that's a rare Kawasaki KI61 ww2 fighter. Any warbird experts in the house?

pronstar

Reaction score
Actual-size British Spitfire [emoji106]

rrrr

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Forth Worth Alliance air show next month?

We’ll be there Saturday.

The Blue Angels will be performing, and overall it’s a really nice air show [emoji106]
USA Today rated it top-3 in the nation

https://www.allianceairshow.com/performers-and-attractions

I'm gonna try to be there. I hear it's a great show.

The CAF Wings Over Dallas at Dallas Executive Airport (Redbird) is October 25-26, I've been to that one since its inception in 2017. It's a pretty good show, worth going to just to see the B-29 FiFi in action.

It's way cool that the CAF relocated from Midland to Dallas. It's given the chapter much needed revenue, as the Dallas airshow crowd is easily two or three times larger than the Midland show was. They give hangar tours throughout the year, which are awesome.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to be there. I hear it's a great show.

The CAF Wings Over Dallas at Dallas Executive Airport (Redbird) is October 25-26, I've been to that one since its inception in 2017. It's a pretty good show, worth going to just to see the B-29 FiFi I action.

It's way cool that the CAF relocated from Midland to Dallas. It's given the chapter much needed revenue, as the Dallas airshow crowd is easily two or three times larger than the Midland show was. They give hangar tours throughout the year, which are awesome.

Thank you for posting this[emoji106]

We’ve lived in our house for a little over a year. And we must be on the flight path, because I remember last year there was a weekend where WWII aircraft, one after the other, were flying over my house.

It was spectacular and I forgot to look up what the dealio was...now I know.

If I’m free I will absolutely go to that show.

pronstar

Reaction score
Texas State Fair opens this weekend...my wife is a fair fanatic, we’ll be there on opening day (Friday) and throughout the 6 weeks that it runs.

Anyone else planning on going?

Especially for the you Texas newbies, it’s something you gotta check out [emoji106]

I recommend parking at a metro station and then taking the train in, it drops you off literally at the fair...a great way to avoid the parking and traffic.

rrrr

Reaction score

We’ve lived in our house for a little over a year. And we must be on the flight path, because I remember last year there was a weekend where WWII aircraft, one after the other, were flying over my house.

At the 2017 CAF show, I was able to meet Doolittle Raider USAAF Lt Col Richard E. Cole (Ret), co-pilot of the #1 aircraft tasked with bombing Tokyo on June 18, 1942, just six months after the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor. The plane's pilot was Gen. James Doolittle, commander of the eighteen plane raid. Lt Col Cole was 101 when we met.

His hearing was very poor, but his daughter and caregiver helped him understand my questions. It was a wonderful experience for me. When I was six years old, I had read Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, an account of the mission written by then Major Ted W. Lawson, pilot of Aircraft #7, the Ruptured Duck. The book held me spellbound as I read about the brave men that volunteered to fly hundreds of miles from the new aircraft carrier USS Hornet over the vast Pacific Ocean for what appeared to be certain death.

Lt Col Cole answered several of my questions about the mission, his mind and memory still sharp 65 years after the event. He also posed for a photo with me.

Lt Col Cole died April 9, 2019, the last surviving member of a heroic effort to let the Japanese know their island home was not immune to aerial bombing attacks by the US. He and his 79 mates on the mission volunteered to go, showing incredible grit and dedication to our armed forces and nation.

AR-190408521.jpg

Lt Col Richard E. Cole

Website-event-photo-800.500.png

Aircraft #1, with Doolittle and Cole at the controls, takes off on April 18, 1942.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score

At the 2017 CAF show, I was able to meet Doolittle Raider USAAF Lt Col Richard E. Cole (Ret), co-pilot of the #1 aircraft tasked with bombing Tokyo on June 18, 1942, just six months after the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor. The plane's pilot was Gen. James Doolittle, commander of the eighteen plane raid. Lt Col Cole was 101 when we met.

His hearing was very poor, but his daughter and caregiver helped him understand my questions. It was a wonderful experience for me. When I was six years old, I had read Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, an account of the mission written by then Major Ted W. Lawson, pilot of the Ruptured Duck, Aircraft #7. The book held me spellbound as I read about the brave men that volunteered to fly hundreds of miles from the new aircraft carrier USS Hornet over the vast Pacific Ocean for what appeared to be a one way mission and certain death.

Lt Col Cole answered several of my questions about the mission, his mind and memory still sharp 75 years after the event. He also posed for a photo with me.

Lt Col Cole died April 9, 2019, the last surviving member of a heroic effort to let the Japanese know their island home was not immune to aerial bombing attacks by the US. He and his 79 mates on the mission volunteered to go, showing incredible grit and dedication to our armed forces and nation.

AR-190408521.jpg

Lt Col Richard E. Cole

Website-event-photo-800.500.png

Aircraft #1, with Doolittle and Cole at the controls, takes off on April 18, 1942.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
The two seasons I've always followed were:

Boating Season, and Hunting Season.

I was married in Houston on November 15, 1980. It was Opening Day of deer season. A lot of my friends skipped the ceremony to be out in the fields early that morning.

If I had known then what I learned later, I would have gone hunting. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

pronstar

Reaction score
Went to the fair last night, my first time this year, Mrs. Pronstar went on opening day.

They’ve really stepped it up with the 8pm water/light show.

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

As usual, the car show is a huge part of the event.

Have been looking at cars for the wife, initially she wanted a Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

So she sat in one...too small
Ford Explorer...too small
Chevy Tahoe...too small [emoji15]
Suburban...just right [emoji4]

Bear in mind, she currently drives a 3 Series and before this, a Lexus CT Hybrid LOL

Looks like a Suburban is in our near future.

If we go Chevy, I’ll put 33 ‘s and King’s on it - of course!
If GMC, it’ll be a Yukon Denali and we’ll enjoy it as-is.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
Just got a dump trailer for my business.

I’m gonna setup a borrow-my-trailer program, patterned after RIver Dave’s [emoji1787]

LMK if anyone in DFW has a need [emoji106]

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

rrrr

Reaction score
Go ahead and get a sign shop to make up your cell number in 12" high vinyl and slap it on the sides. :D

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Sunday funday on Lake Travis!. Well after I spent 3 hours under the boat cleaning anyway. Sitting on the PC with a couple lines out :p
20191006_121258.jpg
20191006_121307.jpg
20191006_121314.jpg
20191006_154521.jpg
20191006_154513.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
Travis looks a lot better than it did in the summer of 2015 when it was 72' below full pool. :D

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Hence the 3 hrs of cleaning. It actually wasnt that bad as I haven't cleaned down there in over 3 months

rrrr

Reaction score
True but it wasnt full of zebra mussels in 2015

That sucks. They're spreading all over Texas lakes, and the warm water is making them grow faster.

farmo83

Reaction score
That sucks. They're spreading all over Texas lakes, and the warm water is making them grow faster.

Agree, unfortunately the two biggest boating factions transport them(surf boating and fisherman). No way anyone will do anything to curtail that.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Around 2007 give or take a few years wife and I drove through Texas on one of our laps around the USA.
They had experienced a similar flood.

We were amazed at how fast they fixed the highways.
On and off ramp were swept away for miles and miles and replaced in days. Potholes, washed out sections, all fixed immediately when the water receded.