WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Found all the old htm molds

Flynryan

Reaction score
97DF307B-3562-4191-A2FE-6029CE624C66.jpeg
working in aqua dulce and came across these just sitting in the dirt

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thought HTM was back building boats, no? Something about 2 women started it back up.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
They posted just a few weeks ago that they were taking orders but, yeah, I haven't seen anything new made at all.

I hope Leah and the girls are doing ok.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Tom Slick

Reaction score
View attachment 805713 working in aqua dulce and came across these just sitting in the dirt
HTM was originally from Aqua Dulce and I believe Lia and her daughters still live in the area. A year or two ago the ladies got the molds back and had them hauled back home. You may have run across the place that they are being stored.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not many people looking for a 24’ family Hot Rod. Most HTM buyers want big power which leaves Teague and Mercury power options. it’s going to cost a bunch of money to build a high maintance gas guzzling HTM that will run 110-125mph

then get waxed by a bigger better riding low maintance gas sipping twin outboard with a 5yr warranty.

Twin OB’s do not look good on a HTM.

I’m a HTM fan, but good luck your going to need it business wise.

buck35

Reaction score
Wasn't a member here building them? Riverking IIRC.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Not many people looking for a 24’ family Hot Rod. Most HTM buyers want big power which leaves Teague and Mercury power options. it’s going to cost a bunch of money to build a high maintance gas guzzling HTM that will run 110-125mph

then get waxed by a bigger better riding low maintance gas sipping twin outboard with a 5yr warranty.

I’m a HTM fan, but good luck your going to need it business wise.
If I had the money, which I don't, I'd love an SS with some big BoostPower. That White Lightning HTM gets me going every time.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If I had the money, which I don't, I'd love an SS with some big BoostPower. That White Lightning HTM gets me going every time.

Steve was giving demo rides at the sand bar one weekend with My dad’s SS with a NA540 ran low 90’s. And White Lighting before it was White Lightning. It had a NA565 and ran over 100mph.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I still remember when they first came out. I wanted one so bad but it wasn't in the cards. I think I still have the VHS promo video from back in 98 or so LOL.

Makes you wonder what the company could have been with Steve still around. They hit the market pretty hard and pumped out quite a few boats in a relatively short time.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

I thought the best looking HTM SR24 was the only twin outboard one ever built, personally. I believe there was only one SS and one SR with twins. Both ran amazing with small power.

guest hs

Reaction score
Wasn't a member here building them? Riverking IIRC.
I know who you are talking about he owned one and had a lot of information about the boats but I don’t ever recall him being involved in the building process

Riley1

Reaction score
I thought the best looking HTM SR24 was the only twin outboard one ever built, personally. I believe there was only one SS and one SR with twins. Both ran amazing with small power.
I saw a white and green HTM with twins on mead about a month ago. The guy told me that he rigged it himself. I think it had 2 250’s (or 225’s) on it. I thought it looked good.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Who was the one looking for a SS? Sharece just listed a nice looking one for 35k. Needs big power but a good starting point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A bunch of people online got them revved up on the idea that they could resurrect the company. Some even saying they’d pull the trigger on boats if they did.

The girls went and got the molds back and have created a pretty good sized online following and pumped a lot of blood back into the brand. To date though I don’t believe they have built or sold a boat.

I do think they could make some money if they got into consignment sales, Apparel etc.. be a easy and fun way to keep the legacy going without the headache of building boats.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
A bunch of people online got them revved up on the idea that they could resurrect the company. Some even saying they’d pull the trigger on boats if they did.

The girls went and got the molds back and have created a pretty good sized online following and pumped a lot of blood back into the brand. To date though I don’t believe they have built or sold a boat.

I do think they could make some money if they got into consignment sales, Apparel etc.. be a easy and fun way to keep the legacy going without the headache of building boats.

Agree, as much I liked them there is no way you can revive/restart the company by popping out a new 20 something year old boat. They would need some serious retooling to try and compete in todays market. Especially today when most new buys are 28' plus

boatpi

Reaction score
Steve kept the molds and did almost all of the work at his property in Auga Dulce. About 1-2 years before his death he made a deal with the City of Barstow to assist in funding a larger operation at the I-15 and I-40 interchange. Steve has a plane that he flew over the hill to Barstow airport daily when he was getting that operation going. They made a great boat and I saw the plug for his 36’ I believe just before that day.

Then he died along with Mr Pumps and his engine builder, Aaron I believe. I know two of the three very well, just terrific family people. Leia just a great supportive smart
Wife. I still think of all of them.

rip.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Steve kept the molds and did almost all of the work at his property in Auga Dulce. About 1-2 years before his death he made a deal with the City of Barstow to assist in funding a larger operation at the I-15 and I-40 interchange. Steve has a plane that he flew over the hill to Barstow airport daily when he was getting that operation going. They made a great boat and I saw the plug for his 36’ I believe just before that day.

Then he died along with Mr Pumps and his engine builder, Aaron I believe. I know two of the three very well, just terrific family people. Leia just a great supportive smart

rip.
The engine builder that passed away with the others was Ken Lane. He built a good motor. RIP

attitude

Reaction score
Didn’t the girls post that they were tooling a new top deck a while back?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

rip.

Mr Pumps invited me to go on that ride with those guys at castaic. I was getting ready to head up there from Newport when I got a call from the vet that they had nicked an artery on my dog that was in to get fixed. While I was at the vet with the dog he called me and asked where I was at and we chatted for a few minutes while I explained I wasn’t coming.. The end of the conversation through the wind etc I could hear the blower motors as the boat idled up to the dock and he said he would call me afterwards to let me know the number it ran. Needless to say I didn’t get the phone call and a few hours later there was reports of a crash on Castaic and my heart sank because I already knew who it was.

His wife called me several times asking me if he said anything about his family and searching for anything. It broke my heart every time she called because I had to tell her no and he was just going for a ride.

Last edited:

socalrzr

Reaction score
A guy down the street from our Havasu house has a big HTM with twin I/O. I had never seen that size HTM before but I havent seen it on the water. I like the brand and that they all seem to have big hp, but im not sure I would buy a new one unless they reworked the upper mold.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Those were the 30 foot sl 306 legacy I believe those were made after Steve passed. That’s what they were testing on castaic . Not a 100% on the timeline.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Those were the 30 foot sl 306 legacy I believe those were made after Steve passed. That’s what they were testing on castaic . Not a 100% on the timeline.

They were running bigger numbers in the new 30’er.. They had run something like 145 if I remember right the day before and were shooting for 150’s.. (don’t quote me on the numbers it’s been a ling time. Might have been 150’s and going for 160 for all I know now).

RD

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I saw a white and green HTM with twins on mead about a month ago. The guy told me that he rigged it himself. I think it had 2 250’s (or 225’s) on it. I thought it looked good.

There was a white and green SS24 with twin 225's with alien cowls for sale on vegas craigs a few years back. Wonder if its the same boat...

The all white SR24 they built disappeared. It was owned by a member on here, then ended up for sale on S&F back in ~08 ish with a blown power head. One of the 225 PM's got replaced with a carbed 200, went to flagstaff. That guy wrapped it with an awful wrap. He traded it to a guy in phx, then it ended up at a car dealership, then an auction in phx. It was sold for something like ~13K at one time. I looked at it a few times, really wanted it...was low hours but hammered. No clue where it went after the auction place in phx, it kinda disappeared.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
There was a white and green SS24 with twin 225's with alien cowls for sale on vegas craigs a few years back. Wonder if its the same boat...

The all white SR24 they built disappeared. It was owned by a member on here, then ended up for sale on S&F back in ~08 ish with a blown power head. One of the 225 PM's got replaced with a carbed 200, went to flagstaff. That guy wrapped it with an awful wrap. He traded it to a guy in phx, then it ended up at a car dealership, then an auction in phx. It was sold for something like ~13K at one time. I looked at it a few times, really wanted it...was low hours but hammered. No clue where it went after the auction place in phx, it kinda disappeared.
I saw a white HTM with outboards in the Marina Del Ray harbor inlet like 6 years ago. Boat looked beat. I remember thinking "holy shit, an outboard HTM....in salt water....." That must have been it! I don't know much about outboads, the motors didn't look impressive. Come to think of it, I think it had a single on it! Definitely was an outboard HTM though

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Mr Pumps invited me to go on that ride with those guys at castaic. I was getting ready to head up there from Newport when I got a call from the vet that they had nicked an artery on my dog that was in to get fixed. While I was at the vet with the dog he called me and asked where I was at and we chatted for a few minutes while I explained I wasn’t coming.. The end of the conversation through the wind etc I could hear the blower motors as the boat idled up to the dock and he said he would call me afterwards to let me know the number it ran. Needless to say I didn’t get the phone call and a few hours later there was reports of a crash on Castaic and my heart sank because I already knew who it was.

His wife called me several times asking me if he said anything about his family and searching for anything. It broke my heart every time she called because I had to tell her no and he was just going for a ride.
Damn RD. Crazy how life works. That must have been a tough situation to work through. I can look back at about a half dozen times when life just had a weird way of keeping me around. Did you thank your vet for being at the bottom of his class?

retaocleg

Reaction score
there were inquiries around the industry to build the blanks for them...

I honestly don't think there is a market for them, not with all the better options out there and the move to outboards...….dated looks and no known twin whacker performance....atleast not enough to scale back up into production...…..starting a boat company from the ground up is difficult, lack of avail talent, etc...….unless they sub it all out, and everyone has their hands full with their own stuff...…...my 2 cents

edit- online interest and deposits are different