WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rough weekend at the river, lower unit gone

Nielmcque

Reaction score
My lower is on the bottom of the river near Laughlin.
20190929_153114.jpg
20190929_181748.jpg

Attachments

• 20190929_181759.jpg
    20190929_181759.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 274

Nielmcque

Reaction score
I almost got it back the next morning but the current was ripping and it tumbled farther down the river when I went diving for it and I lost it again but I did see that it lost a blade but couldn't see any other real damage. Needless to say I'm looking for a 2.5 lower. And a 20 inch mid can for a promax.

BajaMike

Reaction score
What a bummer. I don’t like the river above the bridge. What is that going to cost??

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I almost got it back the next morning but the current was ripping and it tumbled farther down the river when I went diving for it and I lost it again but I did see that it lost a blade but couldn't see any other real damage. Needless to say I'm looking for a 2.5 lower. And a 20 inch mid can for a promax.

Hit up Joe at Hot Laps. He will either have the parts, or know who does.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
What a bummer. I don’t like the river above the bridge. What is that going to cost??

Dont know yet. I run that part of the river often and had just made a few passes right there so pretty sure I didnt hit bottom I think it just threw a blade at speed.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Sorry to see that.
I've ridden thru there a few times with Bully & I'm beyond freaked out each time.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's shitty!! I know where there are a couple in various conditions that would need some work.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

We have an extra small shaft CLE lower, Lew in Havasu has it at the moment, nine 28 four 12 eight 8 zero 4. If I remember correctly we are asking $ 800.00 for it. I am going out to Havasu this weekend and could bring it back to So Cal if you decide you are interested.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Sent some PMs to you guys offering parts. Thanks everyone.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
To make it even better after I got my boat towed back and put on the trailer I was in the parking lot loading everything up I open my truck door to jump in and the guy parked next to me pulls out with out looking and his trailer fender catches my door and almost rips it off. So I get to deal with insurance for that also.

stoker2001

Reaction score
sorry to see..How deep is river there?is it worth salvaging,too fast of current to dive?the flows vary,maybey time it when flows are decreased?

Nielmcque

Reaction score
I tried timing it when the river was low and slow but it changed while I was searching. The lower was still intact the prop was missing a blade. Would have saved me some money in repairs if I could have brought it up

gqchris

Reaction score
Damn man! You have had some crazy runs of bad luck. Hate to read about this. Thenthe door on your truck is just the icing on the cake. Glad to see some members offering up some parts to get you back on the water!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I tried timing it when the river was low and slow but it changed while I was searching. The lower was still intact the prop was missing a blade. Would have saved me some money in repairs if I could have brought it up

Can you still see it on the bottom when its low in the mornings? Grappling hook?

Nielmcque

Reaction score
I was able to see it with my mask and snorkel but when I swam down and grabbed it to tie a rope to it the current drug me and it father down river where it was deeper. Then I couldn't spot it again I might go back next week and look for it again. I had it in my hand and put the rope around it and clipped it back to itself but I think in was tumbling on the bottom after I let go and knocked the line off.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Damn man! You have had some crazy runs of bad luck. Hate to read about this. Thenthe door on your truck is just the icing on the cake. Glad to see some members offering up some parts to get you back on the water!
Sometimes your the bug sometimes the windshield.
Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Don't worry about the lower on the bottom of the river...it'll cost you more to make that usable again that it will to buy a used one for $800. I just changed a midsection that broke but luckily didn't drop the lower...we had to put a new driveshaft in it for about $1600.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
If it's still there next time I go I'm gonna try and recover it anyways just to see what it's like. I'll have all the replacement parts on the boat by the end of the week hopefully.