WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's the deal with getting wsuwrhr (Brian) unbanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Brian is one of few inmates who consistently offers to help me out. He helped my pull my motor, gave me some guidance on the rebuild, and helps me ferment and keg my apple cider every year. Then he checks in every couple weeks to see if the boat is up and running yet. The guy won't even let me take him out to lunch to repay him for all of his help.

He definitely contributes a lot to this site as well. I know I met probably 15 or more inmates last year at his Christmas party and I was only there for an hour early on.

I know he hasn't been banned prior. Plenty of inmates get banned and are allowed back into RDP correctional facility a few days or weeks later. It seems like he had the one and final ban rule enforced on him.

What's the deal on getting a second chance here? Am I the only one thinking this?

#FreeBrian

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Brian is one of few inmates who consistently offers to help me out. He helped my pull my motor, gave me some guidance on the rebuild, and helps me ferment and keg my apple cider every year. Then he checks in every couple weeks to see if the boat is up and running yet. The guy won't even let me take him out to lunch to repay him for all of his help.

He definitely contributes a lot to this site as well. I know I met probably 15 or more inmates last year at his Christmas party and I was only there for an hour early on.

I know he hasn't been banned prior. Plenty of inmates get banned and are allowed back into RDP correctional facility a few days or weeks later. It seems like he had the one and final ban rule enforced on him.

What's the deal on getting a second chance here? Am I the only one thinking this?

#FreeBrian

Have you even talked to him to see if he wants to be unbanned?

Reactions: TPC

gqchris

Reaction score
When you piss off the HNIC, you get the :

Banhammer.jpeg

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Yes, I talk to him every couple weeks especially during motor grenading season and apple cider season.

Gotcha. Some people don't want to come back once the hammer drops.

Kind of funny though as I was thinking about him just last week when my in-laws called me wanting to know if I had a good plumber contact. They sprung a leak from the meter to the house and needed somebody. True story. Funny what makes us think of people sometimes.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
It took till Post number 6 to do that? LOL
I don't think he gives a s***.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I can explain it all out if ya want, but the long and short of it is, I think we are better off where we are at.

Is there any type of second chance?

I mean you essentially have the ban hammer in a briefcase next to you all times. Anything goes wrong, ban for good on the spot after this. I'm pretty sure he would take his second chance seriously.

I'm just trying to speak out for a good guy who has been nothing but nice and helpful to me with nothing in return.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I have had some good conversations with him and bought some ammo from him some years back. Always seems like a good guy to me on and off here.

teded

Reaction score
We were just about to hit the lotto.
Millionaires cub.
Phhhhht he was gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
I got banned from hot boat a few times. Inappropriate pictures, I thought they were funny.
Sometimes the hitting reply or submit should have a 10 second delay. I’m much better now. Ha

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
W
I got banned from hot boat a few times. Inappropriate pictures, I thought they were funny.
Sometimes the hitting reply or submit should have a 10 second delay. I’m much better now. Ha
WTF no one ever got band from HB lol

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

I'm amazed there was a line to cross on HB. At least the old one anyway.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I'll be out there this weekend.

Is the Docktagon an appropriate remedy?

playdeep

Reaction score
The cursing and threat of a boot to the chest wasn’t enough to indicate to you, those things weren’t going to arrive? :D

Thinking the boot to the chest was 396 ways to spit's...calling card?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why did he get band ?
If I remember correctly, he offended one of RD's close friends.

That was just the final straw, but not really the cause..

If you disagreed with anything he ever said on the forums you'd get a non stop barrage of private messages from him that were borderline harassment. (In some cases were harassment). Most of those were forwarded to me by members with the "Is this guy for real?" heading.. The non stop private messages to the other moderators of the site, in most cases about me personally.. (Most of those were forwarded to me as well).

The god damn never ending comments on other peoples machining threads that would literally come off arrogant and smug as all get out. Most the time they were posed in the form of a question which even makes it worse like it is bait to get them to respond, in which case he'd say some shitty comment like he always knows more than anyone else. I have had several people move on from the machining forum (and ultimately the site) on here quite solely because of that behavior.

I'm not going to bother getting into some of the jobs he got off of here, that were always late, always the other persons fault.. and of course the big kahuna deal between him and George where he quoted a deal, couldn't deliver and again blamed George AZGEO. George couldn't let it go that was six months of asking both of them to "Please knock it off" I'll never get back.. George ended up getting banned over it.. (Something I still don't feel right about.)

Since I'm on that subject of machining real quick. I had two real world quotes come through my old shop when I was running it, that happened to go through him as well. Both times required outside vendors 6+ week lead times triple / quadruple the money, and thought the parts were extremely difficult jobs. Both jobs I did manually over a 12 pack of beer and had them done the next day on one, & two days (needed a cutter so it took am extra day) on the other and billed out something like 800.00 an hour doing it.

Now I'm not saying he's a shitty machinist or anything.... I'm just saying any of the other guys I know could have knocked it out pretty easily. If you can't figure out how to make simple shit like that without sending things out to centerless grinding shops, or ordering custom cutters to be made, than ya probably shouldn't be beating your chest on here (a place with quite a few machinists on it) that you are "The guy."

He might be a nice guy in person, but he's a territorial as shit (I don't even think he knows he's doing it half the time) and after years and years and years of putting up with it.. After years and years and years of never ending patience, only to be told "I'm singling him out" for simply asking him to please tone it down, or stop harassing someone (God forbid you ask him politely). After years and years and years of all that bullshit, he finally capped on what basically amounts to one of our closer friends wives and how she does her job.. I said "You know what? I think I've had enough of this guy to serve me a lifetime...

You're either in the circle or just a number

That's bullshit..

I've never even Met this Toom's guy and I enjoy the hell out of his posts, and am still taken back by his furniture making skills etc.. I can list off a 100 members like that, that I've never met that I think about daily.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thinking the boot to the chest was 396 ways to spit's...calling card?

You would be correct that was 396.. and it was on HB not on here I believe.

Pretty much...

Dave must be paying fagboy by thread...now.
Quantity over Quality

You're absolute hatred for that guy is something I can't wrap my head around.. Annoying? Yeah.. Sometimes poor taste? Yeah... Hell I don't even agree with lifestyle choices and have some serious thoughts about that especially recently... That said is it my life he's living? Nope..

RD

playdeep

Reaction score
You would be correct that

You're absolute hatred for that guy is something I can't wrap my head around.. Annoying? Yeah.. Sometimes poor taste? Yeah... Hell I don't even agree with lifestyle choices and have some serious thoughts about that especially recently... That said is it my life he's living? Nope..

RD
Hatred...nah.
Consider him an assclown...absolutely.
I was simply alluding to logging on...looking at the front page&seeing half the page containing inane threads posted by grads.
...and proceed to go elsewhere.

Nothing more.
Thanks.

Icky

Reaction score
That was just the final straw, but not really the cause..

If you disagreed with anything he ever said on the forums you'd get a non stop barrage of private messages from him that were borderline harassment. (In some cases were harassment). Most of those were forwarded to me by members with the "Is this guy for real?" heading.. The non stop private messages to the other moderators of the site, in most cases about me personally.. (Most of those were forwarded to me as well).

The god damn never ending comments on other peoples machining threads that would literally come off arrogant and smug as all get out. Most the time they were posed in the form of a question which even makes it worse like it is bait to get them to respond, in which case he'd say some shitty comment like he always knows more than anyone else. I have had several people move on from the machining forum (and ultimately the site) on here quite solely because of that behavior.

I'm not going to bother getting into some of the jobs he got off of here, that were always late, always the other persons fault.. and of course the big kahuna deal between him and George where he quoted a deal, couldn't deliver and again blamed George AZGEO. George couldn't let it go that was six months of asking both of them to "Please knock it off" I'll never get back.. George ended up getting banned over it.. (Something I still don't feel right about.)

Since I'm on that subject of machining real quick. I had two real world quotes come through my old shop when I was running it, that happened to go through him as well. Both times required outside vendors 6+ week lead times triple / quadruple the money, and thought the parts were extremely difficult jobs. Both jobs I did manually over a 12 pack of beer and had them done the next day on one, & two days (needed a cutter so it took am extra day) on the other and billed out something like 800.00 an hour doing it.

Now I'm not saying he's a shitty machinist or anything.... I'm just saying any of the other guys I know could have knocked it out pretty easily. If you can't figure out how to make simple shit like that without sending things out to centerless grinding shops, or ordering custom cutters to be made, than ya probably shouldn't be beating your chest on here (a place with quite a few machinists on it) that you are "The guy."

He might be a nice guy in person, but he's a territorial as shit (I don't even think he knows he's doing it half the time) and after years and years and years of putting up with it.. After years and years and years of never ending patience, only to be told "I'm singling him out" for simply asking him to please tone it down, or stop harassing someone (God forbid you ask him politely). After years and years and years of all that bullshit, he finally capped on what basically amounts to one of our closer friends wives and how she does her job.. I said "You know what? I think I've had enough of this guy to serve me a lifetime...

That's bullshit..

I've never even Met this Toom's guy and I enjoy the hell out of his posts, and am still taken back by his furniture making skills etc.. I can list off a 100 members like that, that I've never met that I think about daily.

RD
I think I forgot my :D face in my post :D

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
He might be a nice guy in person, but he's a territorial as shit (I don't even think he knows he's doing it half the time)

That's bullshit..

RD

This 100% the issue. I know he's partially aware of that. At least he is after the fact.

I was hoping that he would take that to heart if he ever got unbanned.

The wife is leading our 1000+ bottle cap resin table project for the backyard. I'll be sure to start a thread once she has some free time and starts making some progress.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hatred...nah.
Consider him an assclown...absolutely.
I was simply alluding to logging on...looking at the front page&seeing half the page containing inane threads posted by grads.
...and proceed to go elsewhere.

Nothing more.
Thanks.

Gotta admit, I don't think I've ever seen half the front page with posts from him.. Please don't tempt him though.

If it makes ya feel any better my tolerance for his BS is coming to a close as well. LOL He hasn't been bad lately, but we all know how that goes.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.