WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's the deal with getting wsuwrhr (Brian) unbanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:D

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I've never even Met this Toom's guy and I enjoy the hell out of his posts, and am still taken back by his furniture making skills etc.. I can list off a 100 members like that, that I've never met that I think about daily.

RD

....maybe I'll be one of those one of these days :D

Backlash

Reaction score
Maybe he WSHSHEWEREHERE?

:D

Quick recap.....

You DONT have the instaban hammer sitting next to the wheelchair. Noted.
You like TOOMS' wood. Noted.
Brian is a shitty machinist. Noted.
Brian + George < Greg. Noted.

Just giving you crap RD, not looking to join Ol' Brian. ;) I thought of him the other day and wondered where he went. Figured maybe he was just taking a break due to business needs. I didn't actually know he "Got cut."

Hope he and George both make it back. While they may have been annoying or abrasive or whatever, I agree with Tooms and feel they always tried to be helpful.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I got some great advice from him as well enjoyed most his content but it seems there was a battle of the machinists.
10712719-B84D-43B6-8C10-00C920FBBAFD.jpeg
808E6820-D89E-457E-8BB3-E2DADFC8468B.jpeg

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
We all have issues or we wouldn't be pissing our lives away here .....:confused:
I cant wait to get my mill set up again and use that tooling you sent me......

Learning how to do basic machining was a small part of my therapy.

It's been a while since I've even seen my mill.....o_Oo_O

buck35

Reaction score
I cant wait to get my mill set up again and use that tooling you sent me......

Learning how to do basic machining was a small part of my therapy.

It's been a while since I've even seen my mill.....o_Oo_O

Yeah that arrived at a bad time if I recall.:(:mad:

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Yeah that arrived at a bad time if I recall.:(:mad:
I still have them. :)

Still in the cardboard tubes, hopefully inntje same drawer as the address where they came from. All that shitis in storage over in green lake, 30 minutes away. I've got a few days of fooling around in the new shop, to prep for the "official opening" , but I'll pick right up where we all left off. :cool::D

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother getting into some of the jobs he got off of here, that were always late, always the other persons fault.. and of course the big kahuna deal between him and George where he quoted a deal, couldn't deliver and again blamed George AZGEO

Not to contribute to a Brian bashing thread, but I can corroborate this story as far as doing business with him.

A couple of years back I needed some gears made. He said he could do it and I gave him a deposit. Job ran way late, delay after delay after delay, which affected my project. Tons of attitude when I asked what he was going to do to make it right. Finally ended up that he couldn't make the parts and refunded my money, but not without being a complete ass about the whole deal. Still have the PMs on it all.

Never said anything about it while he was here, but yeah, completely unprofessional in his dealings with me.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I liked Brian. We had some very delightful PM conversations and joked around with each other on the forum. How Brain interacted with Dave and Mods was his own cross to bear. When you are on a private forum, there are lines you can cross and reactions to actions. That's just the way it is. Dave is a fair man, if Brain wanted to come back, it could be worked out.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
#metoo

Keep this thread open at least until MNF is over. It delivers better than the Patriots/Jets game. I know people on RDP don’t watch the NFL anymore. :D

I was watching. That’ll teach Sammy Boy to talk smack about the defense. Especially when Bill hates the Jets so much. What an asshat.
Just make room in the trophy case now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got some great advice from him as well enjoyed most his content but it seems there was a battle of the machinists.
View attachment 809207 View attachment 809206

If ya go back and actually read the older threads I think you’d see there was really only one guy battling.

There is some seriously talented machinists on here.. One of the best ones I know is Roy at Get Real. El Propo turns out some bad ass shit, along with Racey, toolman, go fly and lots of others.. I think overtime you will se some pretty amazing things.

Last edited:

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I don't think I've ever seen half the front page with posts from him.. Please don't tempt him though.
RD

I think you just tempted him yourself with this post. :)

J&k beer can

Reaction score
I HAVE NEVER MEET HIM.... ONCE AGAIN NEVER MEET HIM....
but that name has some issues in some other websites that I have seen....

ONCE AGAIN I DONT CARE ABOUT IT AND ITS DAVES WEBSITE TO DO AS HE WANTS TOO..
some of you guys have way to much poking the bear.. poke away stir the pot or what ever u want... cause if that's what get u going do it...lmfao

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I don't think I've ever seen half the front page with posts from him.. Please don't tempt him though.

If it makes ya feel any better my tolerance for his BS is coming to a close as well. LOL He hasn't been bad lately, but we all know how that goes.

RD
I certainly hope the end is near for the NorCal jester!! Especially after that latest thread start. JEEZ come on RD.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
If ya go back and actually read the older threads I think you’d see there was really only one guy battling.

There is some seriously talented machinists on here.. One of the best ones I know is Roy at Get Real. El Propo turns out some bad ass shit, along with Racey, toolman, go fly and lots of others.. I think overtime you will se some pretty amazing things.

What’s Tyler’s name on here? He turned out some pretty nice one off stuff for my vector. And quick in “machining time” lol
It was through AJ but thanks for your help Tyler

As far as Brian, Iv seen plenty of what he does. Pretty sure he does some stuff for racey among others.
Iv done work for Brian, he’s done work for me. Nothing out of the norm that doesn’t happen everywhere
He can come off different or could be misunderstood at times. As a person him and the family are good peeps.
Did he deserve perm ban? Idk - but its Not rivertimsplace so not up to me

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What’s Tyler’s name on here? He turned out some pretty nice one off stuff for my vector. And quick in “machining time” lol
It was through AJ but thanks for your help Tyler

As far as Brian, Iv seen plenty of what he does. Pretty sure he does some stuff for racey among others.
Iv done work for Brian, he’s done work for me. Nothing out of the norm that doesn’t happen everywhere
He can come off different or could be misunderstood at times. As a person him and the family are good peeps.
Did he deserve perm ban? Idk - but its Not rivertimsplace so not up to me

You see this is how it is every time I gotta deal with anything relating to this guy.

On one hand I could be working on my regatta right now. I could be writing an article, I could be doing something to forward the progress of rdp, and my life..

I read this though and I’m inclined to go track down all those old threads where the guy was completely out of control, and track down the old pm’s Where people are sending them to me asking what the deal is with this guy..

I’m not gonna do it this time. I have waisted enough hours of my life devoting myself to trying to smooth things over for him or get him to behave in a rational or even normal manor.

How’s your suspension seats coming along By the way Tim? :D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
For what it's worth, i have in the past, am currently, and will in the future have Brian do machining for me. I send him prints, discuss via text, phone, or email the details, He offers solid input, and delivers what i ask and pay for on time and at a fair price. I just had rush parts delivered from him yesterday that he was able to get out really in a pretty damn incredible set of time considering they had to start at laser and surface finishing before getting to him. He took care of all of the logistics and delivered Exactly what i wanted.

I like Brian, i have a lot of respect for what he does, i can see how his truncated or cryptic posts can be taken wrongly by some, but hell, use the ignore feature if you don't want to see him. There are some other bozos on here that actually are a net negative to the site, Brian wasn't even in the ballpark of them.

RD has his reasons, and it's his site, I'm totally good with that. But i just wanted to point out that i'm a happy customer of Brian's, and the work i deliver to my customers, that originates from his shop, is always complimented. Since he has no way to defend anything on here anymore, i just need to point that out for anyone reading.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Brian turns our parts in THE WET BAR. I gave him our idea, he tweaked it around and made our Vision come true.
He's our GUY. ....

Brian is a different type of dude... with a HEART OF GOLD......

Its Dave's site... I respect that... and enjoy RDP...

Lifes too short... but I can see that statement working on both sides..

anyway, Brian can be reached anytime at his shop...

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
For what it's worth, i have in the past, am currently, and will in the future have Brian do machining for me. I send him prints, discuss via text, phone, or email the details, He offers solid input, and delivers what i ask and pay for on time and at a fair price.

I like Brian, i have a lot of respect for what he does, i can see how his truncated or cryptic posts can be taken wrongly by some, but hell, use the ignore feature if you don't want to see him. There are some other bozos on here that actually are a net negative to the site, Brian wasn't even in the ballpark of them.

RD has his reasons, and it's his site, I'm totally good with that. But i just wanted to point out that i'm a happy customer of Brian's, and the work i deliver to my customers, that originates from his shop, is always complimented. Since he has no way to defend anything on here anymore, i just need to point that out for anyone reading.

I agree on all accounts! Brian's a good dude!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree on all accounts! Brian's a good dude!

As I said earlier, and if ya read through the posts he is a great guy and I’m sure he will give the shirt off his back.

Also said I didn’t want this to be a bash him session.

I can already feel the people digging in their heels (on both sides of that machining deal) as texts are rolling in etc..

I don’t really care about it, and in retrospect I wish I wouldn’t have even brought it up. I got on a bit of a rant, and let out some of the frustration of dealing with such as “thorn in the saddle” situation for so long.

I wish him the best in life and hope his other online adventures go better than here. He isn’t coming back on here anytime soon though.

RD

old rigger

Reaction score
Not to contribute to a Brian bashing thread, but I can corroborate this story as far as doing business with him.

A couple of years back I needed some gears made. He said he could do it and I gave him a deposit. Job ran way late, delay after delay after delay, which affected my project. Tons of attitude when I asked what he was going to do to make it right. Finally ended up that he couldn't make the parts and refunded my money, but not without being a complete ass about the whole deal. Still have the PMs on it all.

Never said anything about it while he was here, but yeah, completely unprofessional in his dealings with me.

Without searching through this site, did you ever post this when he was still a member so he could respond or just now when he can't speak for himself?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Without searching through this site, did you ever post this when he was still a member so he could respond or just now when he can't speak for himself?

Whatever the case it would probably be better for him and all parties involved (meaning others as well) if it just went by the wayside..

He’s a nice guy and I hope the best for him in life. (I really do) but for this particular site it wasn’t a good fit. That is about the sum of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.