WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you hate most...

JD D05

Reaction score
I live for the winter myself, only thing that pisses me off is when we don't get a shit load of snow.
20181209_120110.jpg
IMG-20181209-WA0001.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The short days as MJC said and cold temps

oldschool

Reaction score
Love winter, although the pool gets a bit chilly.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just another sunny day in CA :D
I hate having to wear actual shoes but i guess I'll do that sometime around Feb 1st for a week or so

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was talking to the wife about this. I was telling her they should make it so it gets dark around 9. I am a night owl. I don’t care if the sun is up at 6. :D
I love washing my vehicles and around 7 in the summer is always when I do it. It’s my meditation. The 3 hours before sunset is my favorite time of day.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I hate the santa anas they always jack up my pool and the short days suck cold is horrible as well.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Winter sucks when it’s not actually winter. Be cold.... snow and rain even tho I hate the rain. But be cold I like wearing a jacket from time to time. Nothing worse in January and it’s 80 degrees outside and your like it’s too cold to boat and too hot to offroad or ski lol

endobear

Reaction score
Winters are long for us. I hate every minute of it. Expecting 12" of snow here tonight. We are on a north facing mountain and only get a few hrs of sunlight a day. Same with most our roads. Impossible to keep our vehicles clean. Probably wont melt until April.
Shoveling snow sucks. Working outside in the snow sucks. Shit. Working inside in the snow and cold sucks.
And the wind. F-the wind. I swear I live in one of the windiest places in Colorado. It is brutal in the winter. 50mph gusts last night according to my weather station deal.
I used to enjoy driving in the snow. Now. Not so much. Lots more idiots on the road now a days that have no freaking clue how to drive when the roads are wet.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Shorter Days for sure. By the time I get home from work I don't have time to do shit outside.

Sidenote-I do like the lower electric bill though with not having to run the AC all the time

Tank

Reaction score
For me, it's the short days but I find by the time it starts cooling down around here (late December) I'm ready for the cooler weather. The worst thing about Winter (in so cal it seems) is that it starts late (like I said, end of Dec. early Jan) but it goes into May grey and June Gloom around the beaches so we really don't start getting our summer until Aug. Right now is the best time of year, every year. Santa Annas make crazy nice sunsets and warm weather. We do beach days in Oct / Nov every year.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Winter sucks when it’s not actually winter. Be cold.... snow and rain even tho I hate the rain. But be cold I like wearing a jacket from time to time. Nothing worse in January and it’s 80 degrees outside and your like it’s too cold to boat and too hot to offroad or ski lol
Serious question from Wisconsin. Is 80 degrees really considered too cold to boat out there?

I hate the short days because it pushes outdoor chores to the weekend, which is supposed to be playtime.

JD D05

Reaction score
THAT is soo frickin badass!
I miss snowmobiling but we never rode in areas like that or even had sleds like that.
Those paddles would be great when we did water crossings lol
2291118951_c2369340a6_z.jpg

I talk to people all the time from Minnesota etc that want to come West to ride, some make trips out every year. Yes they have snowmobile water racing now I guess.

That day pictured above actually sucked...the day below much different story.
20190118_155359.jpg
20190118_155401.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
I hate the shorter days- I like to get my yard work and stuff around the house done after work and its hard to when it gets dark by 5. I think it would be more manageable if we did away with day light savings/time change.

Nordie

Reaction score
I hate the shorter days, also I hate the wind that seems to always blow. It feels like everyday on the jobsite, I would rather it fucking rain.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Winters are long for us. I hate every minute of it. Expecting 12" of snow here tonight. We are on a north facing mountain and only get a few hrs of sunlight a day. Same with most our roads. Impossible to keep our vehicles clean. Probably wont melt until April.
Shoveling snow sucks. Working outside in the snow sucks. Shit. Working inside in the snow and cold sucks.
And the wind. F-the wind. I swear I live in one of the windiest places in Colorado. It is brutal in the winter. 50mph gusts last night according to my weather station deal.
I used to enjoy driving in the snow. Now. Not so much. Lots more idiots on the road now a days that have no freaking clue how to drive when the roads are wet.
About winter??? :mad:

I hate that the sun is so low in the sky, it's always either in my eyes, or reflecting off something and making me blind!

I hate the short days as well.

You??

Kinna dig campfires though, so that is a plus. :cool:
Don’t be a pussy, Joe. :D

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
What do I hate the most...... Easy, liberals who happily spend other people's hard-earned money because they deserve it.

What do I hate most about winter? ...... Nothing. I love the change of pace. Summer time is go go go while winter time as family time, quiet time, and private time with the wife. That doesn't mean after a month or so I'm not ready for summer again.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Having to winterize my boat...makes me depressed. Happened last weekend :(:(:(

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Like others short days and don’t like the cold, oh and bad drivers.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Hate the short days. Like everyone else said. Hate the cold, but it’s not horrible in AZ. Most of all I hate snowbird drivers. FML. They drive so fucking slow, never know where they’re going, Havasu is a fucking nightmare from 6am until about 2pm when they go home to warm up there lunch left lovers and go to fucking bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hate the short days. Like everyone else said. Hate the cold, but it’s not horrible in AZ. Most of all I hate snowbird drivers. FML. They drive so fucking slow, never know where they’re going, Havasu is a fucking nightmare from 6am until about 2pm when they go home to warm up there lunch left lovers and go to fucking bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoL!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Winter here is pretty mild. Mostly upper 30's, low 40's. Rarely snows. We have great mountains for snow, like Whistler. I just don't like the shorter days......………

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I'm kind of snickering at you guys complaining about the shorter winter days;
9:13 a.m.
Saturday, December 21, 2019
Sunrise in Saskatoon, SK

4:56 p.m.
Saturday, December 21, 2019
Sunset in Saskatoon, SK

If you work 8 to 5 in a place with no windows ...... it's dark when you get to work and it's dark when you go home.

Summer's a completely different story.....and it's awesome.

2Driver

Reaction score
Influx of people. Other than that I love the switch of seasons.

Joker

Reaction score
I hate there’s no spring, fall or winter. Every day you look out and see the same thing, brown skies. I can’t wait to get out of California. We visited Salt Lake this past weekend and the air is so clean and crisp. Heck, even the leaves turn colors and fall off of trees there.

endobear

Reaction score
Current situation. Snowed about 8*
In 2.5 hrs. I think we will blow the 12" they were calling for out of the water.
I frigging HATE Winter.
20191023_195134.jpg
20191023_195147.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
I hate there’s no spring, fall or winter. Every day you look out and see the same thing, brown skies. I can’t wait to get out of California. We visited Salt Lake this past weekend and the air is so clean and crisp. Heck, even the leaves turn colors and fall off of trees there.

Try 10,000 feet out here.

cofooter

Reaction score
I don't mind it much, I like the change of seasons, love to ski, if it gets to sucking too much, theres always a weekend escape to the river where it feels like summer even in the winter. All a matter of perspective.

Singleton

Reaction score
The short days.

Only like the cold when snowboarding!

Dislike the cold when I wake up in Carlsbad. Makes riding the bike with the daughter to school a PIa.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Where I'm at now, the sun comes up and sets about the same time, everyday of the year. It's 85* right now. I'm sitting outside with a cold beer. Life is good.:D

JD D05

Reaction score
looking at housing there now. Not at 10k feet but looking at options.

Oh wow. What area?

Want do you like? City, farming community, mountain, etc...you can get any of that within an hour of downtown and more.

Last edited: