WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada 22

Bobo57

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anybody out there provide info and/or feedback on 93’ era 22’ Schiada’s ? Items like weight, handling, bottom configuration, good things, not so good things, how many might be out there, motor configurations, etc. etc. etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Bobo

aaronschiada

Reaction score
heavy, slow, need bottom redone, turn ok, ride nice. all depends on what you want to get out of the boat. if you want something that rides nice and is reliable, i/o with mild HP will work well. if you plan to run big HP then you're gonna need a lot of upgrades to the i/o, steering, etc. An i/o is night and day setup from a v-drive. early 80's to new, they are all the same hull.

Bobo57

Reaction score
heavy, slow, need bottom redone, turn ok, ride nice. all depends on what you want to get out of the boat. if you want something that rides nice and is reliable, i/o with mild HP will work well. if you plan to run big HP then you're gonna need a lot of upgrades to the i/o, steering, etc. An i/o is night and day setup from a v-drive. early 80's to new, they are all the same hull.

Thanks for the input, good to know. As far as bottom redo, what would need to be done?

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, good to know. As far as bottom redo, what would need to be done?
If you’re running an I/o it’s not that important. But they come with a hook in the back of the hull. If you were running a v-drive this would be a bigger issue and you would have the bottom blue printed.

Bobo57

Reaction score
If you’re running an I/o it’s not that important. But they come with a hook in the back of the hull. If you were running a v-drive this would be a bigger issue and you would have the bottom blue printed.
Thanks, good info.