WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$64,000.00 Factory Subaru WRX. 341hp.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wow, I could truly think of 20 other vehicles I would rather spend 64k on. Where are they getting this pricing? Is the justification for the price all the drive technology?341hp is just lackluster as well.

https://www.subaru.com/2019-s209.html

http://media.subaru.com/pressreleas...ernational-unleashes-most-powerful-model-ever

We had the last year of the hatch version of the WRX (2014). We owned it for six months. In that time it had 7 or 8 check engine lights come on all for different things. Burned a quart of oil every 400 or so miles. Went in to limp mode every time it was warmer than 70 degrees out. Worst interior fit I have ever seen. Hopefully they have got better!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They have had the S series cars in Japan for almost 20 years. They are pretty bad ass.

It’s cool, but not worth $64k

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Agree, STI has been rolling for a while and they are very capable machines but $64K for a Subaru? Like beaver said, many other options that I would consider before this.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
With only 209 units, I'm sure it will be a collector for some.... Wouldn't mind driving one, but wouldn't spend the $$ for one.

Dana757

Reaction score
I had this 04 STI for a number of years. Had a front mount intercooler, Garret 35 turbo, bigger injectors bla bla bla. Tuned by Church and it ran fantastic. Spanked a lot of unsuspecting V8 cars. Sold it a few years ago just as you see it for pretty good money. Are new ones worth the money?? Well there are a lot of over priced cars if you ask me.

400E464F-BA16-4DAB-B39F-6F1C6125382B.jpeg

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
My daughter has a 2017, it's her pride and joy. Pretty quick little car and fun to drive but it threw a piston on the freeway at 65 miles an hour with less than 25000 miles on it.
20181002_102756.jpg
20181002_102756.jpg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Limited Edition pricing.
They’re always priced way too high...you could build the regular variant for less.

The Lexus RCF Track Edition MSRP is $30k more than the base model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BingerFang

Reaction score
I had a 2010 STI Limited Edition, only made 125 in that color. I bought it for 32k used with 3,000 miles from some dude that was moving back to Australia because he destroyed his wrist mountain biking and needed their health care in order to get it fixed, lol. I had it for 1 year, put 10,000 miles on it and sold it for $38,000k... was an awesome car and a ton of fun around the track.

C88273FA-85DA-4669-A317-08679D329FFE.jpeg

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
In 1976 I looked at and test drove a Subaru. When I was done, I got out, and when I shut the drivers door the outside sheet metal flopped
in and out leaving a very flimsy impression. After I had shown little interest the salesman asked me if I'd seen the door and I confirmed it.

Never looked back.

(I can hear it now: "They're not at all the same now!" "You can't compare a 76 Subaru to a 2019"
"They've come a long way!" and any other statement anybody might imagine)

dribble

Reaction score
I just drove a used Jag F Type convertible. That thing was a rocket. 23 mpg, 11.8 quarter mile and a top speed of 195. I’d buy that for 50K first. Hell I’d buy that over a Hellcat.

pronstar

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts. The C8 will smoke the Beetle, I mean Subaru, lol

Yeah but no one is cross-shopping those two cars.

Chevy will move thousands of vettes.
Subie only needs to move a few of these...they’ll find homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Its a cult following... but its like that with any model.
Being on Nasioc was interesting to say the least. I miss mine

IMG_1463.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

IMG_1463.jpg

The political section over there is great. It’s like 1000 GMacs and Squeezers against a couple Regors :).

HCP3

Reaction score

IMG_1463.jpg

Wow. Small world. NASIOC. I haven't heard about that forum in a long time. I used to have a 2006 STI.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I think my libtard town here of Reno has the second largest volume Subaru dealer in the US behind Denver. hahaha. We only have 250k people here and every other car is Subaru, Prius or Tesla. There is a huge performance Subaru crowd here too. There are three Subaru tuning places within a short walking distance to my shop.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but every time I hear one of these cars running it sounds like it has a miss in the motor.

sintax

Reaction score
Yea, seems a bit crazy to me, and i own a 2019 WRX I use as a commuter, so you can lump me into that fanboy category if you like. While I really love my WRX, and it fills a gap left my 95% of the car makers, its not enough to put it into that next category of car. It just cant compete with cars in that price range at all.

IF they put a 6cyl turbo in this car then maybe I could see that kind of price tag. Thats what this car really needs to have that sort of price tag.

pronstar

Reaction score
Yea, seems a bit crazy to me, and i own a 2019 WRX I use as a commuter, so you can lump me into that fanboy category if you like. While I really love my WRX, and it fills a gap left my 95% of the car makers, its not enough to put it into that next category of car. It just cant compete with cars in that price range at all.

IF they put a 6cyl turbo in this car then maybe I could see that kind of price tag. Thats what this car really needs to have that sort of price tag.

But then it’s like driving the world’s fastest Dodge Neon...you can’t get away from the pedestrian underpinnings and interior.

I don’t think there’s anything the factory could add to the WRX that would put it into the $65k realm...they’d be competing with some very serious 4-door sedans that aren’t based on an econobox.

BC53CA07-4005-4431-B025-275003FF1509-2269-000001BA4E108E23.jpg

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I mean, it looks pretty good, but not $64k good. The price is so high it takes you into non-competing category of vehicles that are a better bargain. But, it clearly wasn’t marketed in the US on a production level that Ricky Racer would buy as a daily driver.

sintax

Reaction score
But then it’s like driving the world’s fastest Dodge Neon...you can’t get away from the pedestrian underpinnings and interior.

I don’t think there’s anything the factory could add to the WRX that would put it into the $65k realm...they’d be competing with some very serious 4-door sedans that aren’t based on an econobox.

View attachment 812496

\

yea, i know what you mean. I dont think it would do well in that market at all, which is why i think they stick to just bolting some parts onto their existing chassis, refining the tune some, and doing it in a limited release.

Hopefully Chevy brings over another Holden soon. I was not able to convince myself i NEEDED one of the SS's but MAN i sure wanted one. I bought a GTO brand new in 05, I think I was 22 and it was the best / worst thing I ever did.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Yeah but no one is cross-shopping those two cars.

Chevy will move thousands of vettes.
Subie only needs to move a few of these...they’ll find homes.

Even a tweaker will "find a home" - that's not saying much. :D

The C8 Vette will do everything far better except look cheap. Well that and it doesn't have AWD and a boxer motor

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If they put that motor in a wide body brz and actually put some rubber under it you might have a conversation. I'll take the new Vette for that money.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
\

yea, i know what you mean. I dont think it would do well in that market at all, which is why i think they stick to just bolting some parts onto their existing chassis, refining the tune some, and doing it in a limited release.

Hopefully Chevy brings over another Holden soon. I was not able to convince myself i NEEDED one of the SS's but MAN i sure wanted one. I bought a GTO brand new in 05, I think I was 22 and it was the best / worst thing I ever did.

Lol, I bought an '04 GTO.

Dalton

Reaction score

what type of mpg you get?

rrrr

Reaction score
Cool stuff:

Six speed manual transmission and an intercooler water spray system

Stupid stuff:

Polished stainless steel 101 mm diameter exhaust tips. That's 3.98 inches.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Total waste of metal, plastic and money.

sintax

Reaction score
what type of mpg you get?

totally a loaded question, but i'll do my best! mind you I just have the normal WRX, not the STI so its got the newer FA20 Direct Injection turbo engine, not the older one.

If i'm on a road trip, and I can keep it under 90, I can get 32mpg (hand and computer calc), around town and normal driving it seems to be 28ish. You do have to run 91+ octane though. All in all its a very fun and forgiving car. You cant even TRY to goof it up, it corrects itself before you can do anything too stupid. The BMW 335 I had before it was very nice, but I really wanted a manual again and I was really struggling to find a car that was a manual, and not only front wheel drive.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

I bought this SRT 4 (Dodge Neon) brand new in 04. Can't say I didn't love this little car. I won't claim it was the world's fastest but it did run 10.98 in the 1/4 in Vegas which placed it probably in the top fastest street driven neons in the world. Almost 600hp out of that little 4banger! It beat everything from Vipers to Vettes and everything in between. :D

Within the first week I bought a carbon decklid and had it painted to match. The ricer rear wing just didn't do it for me.

OZ Racing 14.jpg

OZ Racing 13.jpg

Last edited:

red ant

Reaction score
Hard pressed to beat a stock 2018 STI off the showroom floor for handling and power. Especially if you drive Angeles Forest Hwy and Angeles Crest for work everyday. The all wheel drive is impressive in all weather conditions. There is some turbo lag, but just have to adjust your driving. Not saying they are perfect, but really good for a daily driver. Seats are very comfortable if you are short. Don't know how much taller people would like them.