WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] 049 Heads

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
I'm looking for a single or a set 049 heads to rebuild. Rebuilding my 454 for my Spectra and when I pulled the valve cover off I found 1 049 head and 1 781 head. Hopefully one of you inmates in the Havasu or Parker area has a set laying around you want to get rid of.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I have a set of 781's. Me and spectra3278 just removed last weekend from my motor. Rebuilt about 25 hrs ago. 2.20 Fierra series 6000 intake valves and Fierra Super Alloy 1.89 exhaust valves. New springs and heads milled for 118 cc. Also comes with Hardin air gap polished dual plane intake (milled to match heads). Lots of top quality porting and bowl reshaping by top shop in Houston.
Also have new (about 1 hr total use) comp extreme rockers and hydraulic roller lifters.
Custom ground cam, very close to crane 168731 25 hrs.
Also have un-molested Mark 4 block/mains, stock bore ready for pistons again 25 hrs since boiled-line bored fresh water only. This was a torque monster combo.
I bought a 502 hp so not going to rebuild my 454.
If anybody is interested PM me for info.
Thank you-sorry not trying to hi-jack your thread.

Last edited:

guest hs

Reaction score
I have a set of bare casting rectangle port open chamber heads I would sell. I believe they are 990’s

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
I have a set of 781's. Me and spectra3278 just removed last weekend from my motor. Rebuilt about 25 hrs ago. 2.20 Fierra series 6000 intake valves and Fierra Super Alloy 1.89 exhaust valves. New springs and heads milled for 118 cc. Also comes with Hardin air gap polished dual plane intake (milled to match heads). Lots of top quality porting and bowl reshaping by top shop in Houston.
Also have new (about 1 hr total use) comp extreme rockers and hydraulic roller lifters.
Custom ground cam, very close to crane 168731 25 hrs.
Also have un-molested Mark 4 block/mains, stock bore ready for pistons again 25 hrs since boiled-line bored fresh water only. This was a torque monster combo.
I bought a 502 hp so not going to rebuild my 454.
If anybody is interested PM me for info.
Thank you-sorry not trying to hi-jack your thread.
Pm me with a price please.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Be warry of the "Bolt on" heads.

I had good luck with a pair of Edelbrocks. They make a really good casting and just about everybody has them cast their heads for them.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I had good luck with a pair of Edelbrocks. They make a really good casting and just about everybody has them cast their heads for them.
Casting are only a small part of the equation. How about little details like, clearances, seats, valves, heights, spring pressures, quality of parts, little shit like that.
Yea they may be a good choice for a car running 2,000 rpm all day with an occasional blast to 6,000 rpm for 12 seconds, but that is a BIG difference from an endurance motor (read marine). Hell a hooker may be a good choice for a night, but not necessary suited for a life long partner and mother of your children.
Pay attention to your requirements and expectations!
Mike drop.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
I just posted one in the parts classifieds. 049 ported and polished by clay smith bronze guides. 50 bucks.