WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home Depot delivery schedule is worse than a cable company service.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
My delivery window for whole house new tile is sometime between 6 AM - 8 PM today. I'm still waiting at 5:41 PM and have been here all day.

I've called twice and all they can say is they will try to give me 30 minutes notice.

14hr window. Unreal.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
What're they charging you to deliver it?

Headless hula

Reaction score
Only $100. Cant complain about the cost.
For the same 100 bucks you may have rented one of their pickup trucks and hauled it yourself?
They would have helped you load it.....

Not tryin to be a dick, but you get what you pay for. Especially with the box stores.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I could have hauled it myself for sure. The wife talked me into just having them do it since it was only $100 and one less thing for me to worry about. I have a truck and trailer that would haul 6 pallets just fine. So thanks to her advice I have only worried about it for 12 hours now.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I could have hauled it myself for sure. The wife talked me into just having them do it since it was only $100 and one less thing for me to worry about. I have a truck and trailer that would haul 6 pallets just fine. So thanks to her advice I have only worried about it for 12 hours now.
And what's the day off work waiting costing?

Damn...
I should just shut up and stop dumping gas on your mood....:eek::D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
You can pay more to get a 2 hour window. Just a fyi, they lose money on every delivery.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
My delivery window for whole house new tile is sometime between 6 AM - 8 PM today. I'm still waiting at 5:41 PM and have been here all day.

I've called twice and all they can say is they will try to give me 30 minutes notice.

14hr window. Unreal.
I’ve wondered about that.
Glad I own a one ton truck:)

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
You can pay more to get a 2 hour window. Just a fyi, they lose money on every delivery.
I was unaware of the 2 hour window. Wife set it up for me. I'm just the bank account. And I guarantee they lose money on a delivery at $100. Between labor to load, drive, and unload and the cost of the truck. They make up for it with the sales of the retail items.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Your first mistake was buying tile from Home Depot. Your second mistake was involving Home Depot in your project

Buy better tile from a tile dealer...or if you’re working with a contractor, let them source what you want.

Trying to nickel and dime the job never ends well...speaking from experience.

And no, I still haven’t learned my lesson.

braindead

Reaction score
U think a 12 hr window is bad, You'll be lucky if it shows up today

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
U think a 12 hr window is bad, You'll be lucky if it shows up today
The funny thing is we tried to cancel the delivery today as my wife has Monday off and I had to take today off for the delivery. They told us it had to be today or they were going to cancel the order and refund us. Made me wonder why they would do that.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Your first mistake was buying tile from Home Depot. Your second mistake was involving Home Depot in your project

Buy better tile from a tile dealer...or if you’re working with a contractor, let them source what you want.

Trying to nickel and dime the job never ends well...speaking from experience.

And no, I still haven’t learned my lesson.
We went to 7 tile places and this was the only place that had what the wife wanted. Included a tile installer that took us to contractor only places in addition to going south of the border to Mexicali on a recommendation. The custom contractor only tile places had limited options and every time they showed us something the wife liked, they didnt have enough quality to complete the job. This entire project has turned into a typical Yuma, AZ, disappointment.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
$100 bucks for a 14 hour window, sounds like a great deal on windows???

Yes, they suck!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Home Depot tile is shit. Ask me how I know...
1573264208625782115361.jpg

There is a reason it was on sale. I can't repair it because it's "discontinued".
I now go to Dal Tile every time. Always consistent with their products and prices.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Home Depot tile is shit. Ask me how I know... ]

There is a reason it was on sale. I can't repair it because it's "discontinued".
I now go to Dal Tile every time. Always consistent with their products and prices.
Did the tiles break or just lift up?

2Driver

Reaction score
Don’t order online and choose pick-up in store thinking it will be better.

My order shipped from the vendor in 1 day to the HD distribution center and sat there, 30 miles from my local HD store for 6 days before being sent to the store. Had to delay my plumber and they just love that.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
And my tile installer went to Home Depot himself and said they were good tiles. Something about the edges either having a slope or no slope. Dont recall which but he liked the material.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I must of been lucky. Bought all new appliances for the kitchen in Havasu from HD a couple months ago. Showed up on time and did a great job of installing.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I must of been lucky. Bought all new appliances for the kitchen in Havasu from HD a couple months ago. Showed up on time and did a great job of installing.
I bought a new fridge on last Saturday and the wife said just add it to the delivery as it was free. Since I was already their with truck I had then just use the forklift and put in the truck. That was much easier.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...To kill time while you’re waiting why don’t you just go do donuts in the Home Depot parking lot ...all the kids are doing it these days so why not you???... Oh and make sure to post it on YouTube with your license plate visible...

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I bought a new fridge on last Saturday and the wife said just add it to the delivery as it was free. Since I was already their with truck I had then just use the forklift and put in the truck. That was much easier.
Appliances comes from a different vendor

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
AND THEY CALL AT 7:55 PM and SAID THEY CANT MAKE IT TODAY............ WTFFFFFFFFFFFF?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I’ve had floors and carpet put in by them. Both very bad experiences. I won’t bore everyone with a long explanation but suffice to say never again!:mad:

NicPaus

Reaction score
I bought a set of appliances yesterday at lowes. There dam computer default to a old delivery address. Spent 45 minutes on the phone and 30 in the store. Hopefully they show up between 3 and 7 tomorrow. Fridge stove microwave and dishwasher $1740 with my discount on top of the $1866 sale price.

yz450mm

Reaction score
AND THEY CALL AT 7:55 PM and SAID THEY CANT MAKE IT TODAY............ WTFFFFFFFFFFFF?
I let a lot of things go, but I would be pissed as fuck. I would definitely be getting reimbursed X whatever

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I let a lot of things go, but I would be pissed as fuck. I would definitely be getting reimbursed X whatever

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't let it off the truck when they do show up, get a refund and go somewhere else.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
When we redid kitchen.. looked to have tile floor done.. checked on contractors n they were more money then homey Depot. Checked with some side job guys wanted same. Homey uses JW flooring.. had one issue and it was resolved quickly by JW.. they did such a good job we had them do backsplash.. u get warranty n big box stores backing so that was worth it.....
U just have to be on top of home Depot cause they tend to make the mistakes... Lowe's not much better....lol

Last edited:

D19

Reaction score
For the same 100 bucks you may have rented one of their pickup trucks and hauled it yourself?
They would have helped you load it.....

Not tryin to be a dick, but you get what you pay for. Especially with the box stores.

I bought a fridge from HD last year and rented their box truck to bring it home. When I reserved the truck and ordered the fridge I asked if I could rent a fridge dolly. They assured me one was in the truck. I made it a point to ask if it was a regular moving Dolly or an appliance dolly and was told not to worry.

A week later I get there and it’s the regular dolly. So I told the employee I want to use their appliance dolly, they said I can’t take it and pointed to the sticker that says “Don’t Remove From Store”.

Well I went back in the appliance section and snagged the dolly while nobody was looking. I only had it about 1 hour.

HD called me about 1 month later and asked if I was ever going to come pick up my fridge. Lol. I could have probably got a free second fridge.

wzuber

Reaction score
sounds like it's time to get a pound of flesh from the mgr's azz and a significant discount. on a whim on sunday afternoon i decided to give them a try on a simple single door order..
what could go wrong...i thought?
it was rec"v damaged and they sent it back w/o propper paper work and it took 3 hrs. in store initially trying to figure what actually happened to it, then several more days to complete their search, realize it just vanished into thin air and then order it's replecement. It took several months to resolve. Completely imcomprehensible. I ripped the store mgr.'s ass, dept. mgr's ass, and detailed the trouble it cost me w/ my customer etc. and they refunded 50 percent. First and last time i order anything thru them. That certainly verified the value of my door/window vindor. Sorry to hear of your troubles. i hope the rest of project runs smoothly. I too have regetted the many times i listed to my wife and chose other than what i new what was right for situation.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Bought a new washing machine from Havasu Lowes last month. Told them I needed it within 48hrs. Delivery window was between 10a and noon. Them fuggers woke my ass up early at 8am 31 hrs after the purchase:)

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Life is good now. Delivered at 10:30 am.

Ended up with the delivery fee waived and 10% off the $4000 order. Doesn't make up for the 12 hours of OT I missed yesterday but life's good.

As states earlier, Home Depot loses money on every delivery. That rang true again.

wzuber

Reaction score
Life is good now. Delivered at 10:30 am.

Ended up with the delivery fee waived and 10% off the $4000 order. Doesn't make up for the 12 hours of OT I missed yesterday but life's good.

As states earlier, Home Depot loses money on every delivery. That rang true again.

nice...better late than never. Tell ur wife "sorry dear" but some clown on the internet told u u can no longer listen to her and only do what u know is best for the situation. It help to save ur marraige...lol

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Did the tiles break or just lift up?
Both. Later found out the back side of the tiles had been glazed and never had a good bond. It was only a few batches but half of my house is fucked.

wzuber

Reaction score
Both. Later found out the back side of the tiles had been glazed and never had a good bond. It was only a few batches but half of my house is fucked.
damn..that's fucked up for sure. that's one of those situations where everbody involved is real fucked. even if all the materials is replaced for free your still faced with the time, life disruption and labor bill to correct. Really sorry to hear your in that position. I bet the installer feels bad too. tough all around. I hope for the best for u resolution possible. Good luck dude.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
We went to 7 tile places and this was the only place that had what the wife wanted. Included a tile installer that took us to contractor only places in addition to going south of the border to Mexicali on a recommendation. The custom contractor only tile places had limited options and every time they showed us something the wife liked, they didn't have enough quality to complete the job. This entire project has turned into a typical Yuma, AZ, disappointment.
Not directed at aka619er but as a General psa.
Anything Home depot sells in the flooring department is readily available at a real distributor. This is where the Name of the product comes in. What home depot calls "X" is what Dal tile calls "Z". This is a game I'm sure is played in many trades. Home depot is the #1 flooring distributor in the nation by sales. Many of their products have a proprietary home-Depot name but can be cross referenced. Shaw is the largest carpet distributor. I say distributor simply because they have bought up all the small Mom & pop manufactures over the last 30 years. Tile, wood and laminates are all in the same boat. Know your product specifications, Not the name is the bottom line.
Again Not directed at aka619er but as a General psa.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
damn..that's fucked up for sure. that's one of those situations where everbody involved is real fucked. even if all the materials is replaced for free your still faced with the time, life disruption and labor bill to correct. Really sorry to hear your in that position. I bet the installer feels bad too. tough all around. I hope for the best for u resolution possible. Good luck dude.
Unfortunately, I was also the installer. I'm a building contractor. At least it wasn't one of my clients. Lol!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
If they were glazed on the back, why was this not cuaght before install?

Hd and lowes do have some exclusive stuff, but most you can get other places.

wzuber

Reaction score
lol..tru that. that would truly suuuuuuck.
this way it's just your time, free time at that and we all know the abundance of that:rolleyes: haha
what's the ol' saying...
experience is what you get when u didn't get what you wanted. :(lol
thanks for sharing ur unfortunate situation so we can learn from your pain..