WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2 dead after crashed Porsche ends up lodged in second floor of building

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2019/11/10/crashed-porsche-ends-up-lodged-in-second-floor-of-building/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4r8ZXXgEWf/

Speed estimate anyone?

upload_2019-11-10_10-23-34.png

upload_2019-11-10_10-22-55.png

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Must have hit the planter urban assault style.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Judging by the skid Mark's, they hit the curb on the wrong laneway going completely sideways.
All bets are off about where or how high it's going once it starts flipping at 100+mph. In my limited opinion.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Judging by the skid Mark's, they hit the curb on the wrong laneway going completely sideways.
All bets are off about where or how high it's going once it starts flipping at 100+mph. In my limited opinion.

Plus they must have gone over the curb under the power lines and there must be a good area to launch after that.

Cdog

Reaction score
I bet they hit that down guide on the pole & that sent it airborne.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I bet they hit that down guide on the pole & that sent it airborne.
I agree, Good observation Dog. That T-Line Pole has a side-down guy wire attached to a guy anchor rod. The head of anchor rod looks like it's few feet out of ground. We've had many cars and trucks hit our down guys causing some to rollover, some go airborne, some get stuck and just dangle. It's normally pretty easy to tell if a down guy was struck, cause it usually drops slack into wire and requires re-tensioning of down guy wires and sometimes replacement of bent anchor rod.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The first dead body I recall seeing was a guy who crashed his Porsche. He was racing another car on PV dr North. Hit the curb and it flew 10 up and hit a eucalyptus tree ripping it in half. The other half was 100 yards down the median. Body I. The middle his old school car phone hanging from the cord. Curb sent it flying.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can't even imagine if it's a house and this is the conversation the parents had at one point....

"You know Honey, we live on a really busy street. For the safety of the kids, I think we should put them in the 2nd floor bedroom."

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I hope no one else was hurt and they have enough insurance in thier car too pay for the damage.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I agree, Good observation Dog. That T-Line Pole has a side-down guy wire attached to a guy anchor rod. The head of anchor rod looks like it's few feet out of ground. We've had many cars and trucks hit our down guys causing some to rollover, some go airborne, some get stuck and just dangle. It's normally pretty easy to tell if a down guy was struck, cause it usually drops slack into wire and requires re-tensioning of down guy wires and sometimes replacement of bent anchor rod.

Close up from the Instagram. Based on the skid marks looks like the car was sideways when it hit the second curb and guy wire looks tight?

upload_2019-11-10_14-8-51.png
upload_2019-11-10_14-9-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-10_14-1-50.png
    upload_2019-11-10_14-1-50.png
    634.2 KB · Views: 67

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So help with this - i don't remember either myself OR my son having access to a car with those capabiliteis when i was 22. Spoiled and in over his head much?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don’t know why people buy those Porsche death traps, they are just modified Volkswagens. You’ll never catch me in one, they crash ALL the time. Everyone crashes and dies in them. People think just because they own one they are race car drivers. They clearly are not up to the task, are unsafe and are not roadworthy. First Paul Walker , now this. Porsches literally just fly off the road.

I’m just applying the SXS safety squad logic to this accident.

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I don’t know why people buy those Porsche death traps, they are just modified Volkswagens. you’ll never catch me in one, they crash ALL the time. Everyone crashes and dies in them, they clearly are not up to the task, are unsafe and are not roadworthy. First Paul Walker , now this. They literally just fly off the road.

it’s also because they are financed

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
it’s also because they are financed

Yea, guys just buy them and think they are Mario Andretti.

You won’t even be able to insure these widow makers soon.

The roads were a lot better before the asphalt lice in Porsches showed up.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I don’t know why people buy those Porsche death traps, they are just modified Volkswagens. You’ll never catch me in one, they crash ALL the time. Everyone crashes and dies in them. People think just because they own one they are race car drivers. They clearly are not up to the task, are unsafe and are not roadworthy. First Paul Walker , now this. Porsches literally just fly off the road.

I'd chime in, but I drive a Mustang....

TX Foilhead

Reaction score

i saw a news report last night and the reporter was standing in front of the parking lot, there’s some elevation that the pictures don’t show. It looks like it hopped the median and was taking bounce as it skims over the sidewalk. After the sidewalk there is a 4 or 5 foot drop to the parking lot with a raised area and a bush. That was the ramp, maybe 75 to 80ft on the picture.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Close up from the Instagram. Based on the skid marks looks like the car was sideways when it hit the second curb and guy wire looks tight?

View attachment 815718 View attachment 815719
From that angle I think you're right. The news reported the convertible Boxster went over the curb down a slope and hit a embankment before the parking lot launching it airborne into the building where it landed upside down.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have a rental on a pretty busy street. Watching the 11:00 news one night I see a report on a car accident. Huh, that sure looks like our little rental house. Weird. And look at that! There's an F 150 sticking out of the living room.

Turns out it was our house. Guy and his girl driving down the road arguing. He grabs the steering wheel, she over corrects and panics. Zoom, up the curb over the planter and flies into the living room. Barely missing the two kids inside who were watching TV.

Safeco paid for it all. I took their payoff, did the work myself and made a nice chunk of cash. They had the minimum $5000 insurance. Didn't cover shit. And I think my tenant sued them for that anyway.

At least no one got seriously hurt. Good thing it wasn't a porsche, it probably would have gone out the back and hit the next house.