WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mobile Welder - Parker

Singleton

Reaction score
friends parents are camp hosts at Buckskin. Need a mobile welder to build and install a HD motorcycle mount (800lbd Harley) on the rear of travel trailer.

Any idea who can do this.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Most mobile guys I'd trust for fences, and others for structural...but the weight and dollar amount on a Harley, I'd be a bit more picky. I don't know if there are any fab shops there or in Havasu that can do it, or if the trailer can even be taken there. I've done mounts for some things, and some hitch setups. From those, the trailer frame comes into play. If it is stout enough, or if you have to sister a channel beneath the existing, the hieght and overhang from rear axle for incline or driveways.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Most mobile guys I'd trust for fences, and others for structural...but the weight and dollar amount on a Harley, I'd be a bit more picky. I don't know if there are any fab shops there or in Havasu that can do it, or if the trailer can even be taken there. I've done mounts for some things, and some hitch setups. From those, the trailer frame comes into play. If it is stout enough, or if you have to sister a channel beneath the existing, the hieght and overhang from rear axle for incline or driveways.
Come on Kevin. Ask em to your place. It isnt that far away.....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Come on Kevin. Ask em to your place. It isnt that far away.....
Depending on the type of rack setup, it can be anywhere from 1000, to 1400 pounds total cantilevered off the back. Beyond my comfort zone for doing for somebody else. Aside from the liability aspect (working from my home, and not insured under any umbrella) I'd feel horrible if something went south. On the bigger camp trailers, there is a lot of overhang. That means a lot of exagerated vertical, as well as lateral motion. Stress cracks and metal fatigue on my own stuff, I'd keep an eye out for. If someone has it done, they shouldn't have to ever worry about it. This is one I believe in letting the chefs do the cooking.

Call me a wuss, but I'd rather underestimate my abilities...Overestimating them can really hurt;)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
friends parents are camp hosts at Buckskin. Need a mobile welder to build and install a HD motorcycle mount (800lbd Harley) on the rear of travel trailer.

Any idea who can do this.

Dunno if they do Mobil but worth a mention:
I use Mojave welding LHC for my trailer welding where quality is important.

Best to pay them cash no receipt on a job like that. Also the dad will most definitely take on that job, the son might not. Damfino why but talk to the Dad.
Outstanding work.

River phenomenon.
Just talking from my past experiences.

Dunno what became of Mad Skills. They may still be around.

Dunno what became of Mikes Mobil welding in Parker either. Residual effects when the recession wiped us out. Hit small biz Parker Hard.

Laundry room and camp-store bulletin boards are a good source of the trades.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
I went searching because I was sure I'd seen this before and found this - don't know anything about them other then what their site says
https://www.mightyhauler.com/1000h.html

Also depending on what type of trailer it is, mounting a hitch for this might be a pain. I was scared to see what was holding on my FIL hitch on his motorhome, I couldn't believe the factory would do that.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Team 88 Welding on the Calif. side. Mike Davis welding 949-292-7713 mobile

Reactions: TPC

wzuber

Reaction score
a couple thoughts on this..
1. that cantilevered weight could significantly effect the safe towing characteristics of the trailer.
2. On a travel trailer I could see it being easily completed in a couple trips (2/3) to the site with a good plan and measurements, pre-fabed parts and trimmed to size as necessary to fit, mark locations/positions etc. tack together either on site or at shop, finish test fit and then in shop weld out, paint and install. It could even be done in a rev'c. hitch style system to be removeable but that would certainly add to the cost.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
There is also Dan at the Welding shop next to Bobby D's diner on 95 and riverside dr acually a block south.
31381 Commercial Dr, Parker, AZ 85344

Parker, Arizona
phone_gm_blue_24dp.png
(928) 667-3000

Reactions: TPC

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I was going to say Shaffer as well. I do know a guy that does some really nice fabrication work out of his garage, not sure if he would travel to CA side to work, I can ask if he is interested.