Not open for further replies.

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
Looking to buy a long travel prerunner show me what you guys have

Tank0088

Reaction score
Looking to buy a long travel prerunner show me what you guys have

what type of Pre runner truck are you looking for? Chevy, Ford, Toyota... something you can drive everyday and in the desert or full caged? Reason I’m asking is that my friend has two Chevy pre runner trucks and everything he owns is for sale.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This is for sale, tube chassis center pivot on 40’s 135k
E2BB0B10-DCE7-491C-9861-9A4372DFCD58.jpeg

Last edited:

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
what type of Pre runner truck are you looking for? Chevy, Ford, Toyota... something you can drive everyday and in the desert or full caged? Reason I’m asking is that my friend has two Chevy pre runner trucks and everything he owns is for sale.[/QUOTE

basically I open to anything at the moment show me what your buddy has

Backlash

Reaction score
To be honest, an "Entry level prerunner" is basically a truck slapped together by a teenager learning how to use a grinder and an old Chicago Electric 140amp Mig wire feed flux core welder. If that's the case, the SxS would probably handle better and be more reliable than a clapped out beat truck with a four banger. I think you need to be more realistic and more specific regarding what you're looking for.

Ranger with swing set steering and a nice four link setup and decent shocks? More than a SxS for sure.

A Toyota with a decent front end and Deaver long travel springs with shocks? Probably still more than a SxS.

Do you want something with a well built cage front to rear? Mig or Tig welded? 2WD or 4WD?

You've gotta figure it out and let us know or you'll get links posted showing everything from a $3K VW bug on a stock pan to a used $300K full tube chassis prerunner designed to take you wherever and back home safely.

Just saying......

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
To be honest, an "Entry level prerunner" is basically a truck slapped together by a teenager learning how to use a grinder and an old Chicago Electric 140amp Mig wire feed flux core welder. If that's the case, the SxS would probably handle better and be more reliable than a clapped out beat truck with a four banger. I think you need to be more realistic and more specific regarding what you're looking for.

Ranger with swing set steering and a nice four link setup and decent shocks? More than a SxS for sure.

A Toyota with a decent front end and Deaver long travel springs with shocks? Probably still more than a SxS.

Do you want something with a well built cage front to rear? Mig or Tig welded? 2WD or 4WD?

You've gotta figure it out and let us know or you'll get links posted showing everything from a $3K VW bug on a stock pan to a used $300K full tube chassis prerunner designed to take you wherever and back home safely.

Just saying......
So the truck i posted is t what this guy is looking for... noted. :p

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
We all told you it was going to be unimpressive :)

yeah I know it looked a lot more better just sitting there but once we drove it at Johnson valley I was like screw this for another 5k I can have something that will take me anywhere I want to go

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Just saying......

I’m into this far less than most are into their sxs. But will say finding a decent built prerunner is a search in itself. Installed mine for a few years before the owner was willing to sell it to me.

58FC0E57-22CE-4402-B1B5-D5337731FB35.jpeg

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
yeah I know it looked a lot more better just sitting there but once we drove it at Johnson valley I was like screw this for another 5k I can have something that will take me anywhere I want to go

So, you're looking in the ~10K range then?

DaveH

Reaction score
10-12k? good luck. you can spend that on a serious set of shocks.

a nice pre-runner is just a race truck with creature comforts (windows, AC, extended cab etc) and less horsepower.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Buy a rzr and be done with it. It will be just a fast as any prerunner out there and easy to maintaine and work on

Backlash

Reaction score
I’m into this far less than most are into their sxs. But will say finding a decent built prerunner is a search in itself. Installed mine for a few years before the owner was willing to sell it to me.

You got it cheap cause it's a Ford! :D

It's ridiculous what people are spending on these SxS's. Yeah they are fun and all, but damn, for what some are spending, they could put together a nice long travel dual sport car and have a nice platform......but that's just my opinion. ;)

View attachment 817748

EmpirE231

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I am looking for a long travel caged for ranger with at least a v6 or v8 I don’t mind having to do some work to get it how I want it either

I did a lot of work to this thing to get it to that point.... but wayyyyyyy more fun than a SxS.

was street legal w/ ac & heat.

Reactions: DWC

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So you're saying his $10K wouldn't replicate it...... :D

10k wouldn't get you at that level.... but you can find something that is still way more fun than a rhino, but you gotta be willing to get your hands dirty.

something like the truck above is 20-30K range depending on hardware

Backlash

Reaction score
Oh I know believe me! Half the reason mine isn't finished yet is because all my damn money keeps getting funneled into my wife's projects before mine! :D

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Getto fabulous Beam runner for the win... With 10,000 + actual Baja miles on it... Extendo beams, Engine cage, 4x4, spooled up 8.8/9 Hybrid, deavers... Caged 3 seater... on 35s with two spares... and a VHF moded race radio! 5L v8. ... $6500 and its yours, but I have to go get it out of my shop in baja.
IMG_1998.JPG

Deven45

Banned
Reaction score
Getto fabulous Beam runner for the win... With 10,000 + actual Baja miles on it... Extendo beams, Engine cage, 4x4, spooled up 8.8/9 Hybrid, deavers... Caged 3 seater... on 35s with two spares... and a VHF moded race radio! 5L v8. ... $6500 and its yours, but I have to go get it out of my shop in baja. View attachment 817834

send me some more info please

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
send me some more info please

The front end is identical to go fast bronco. Cut and turned I beams, widened 4 inches per side extended axles with longer radius arms. Converted to 14 inch coil overs tied together with a giant motor sports engine cage. Single swinger steering. Bump stops all the way around strapped down to about 14 inches In front 18 in the rear.

The rear axle is widened 8 inches with a 8.8 center chunk with 9 inch grand tourino big bearing 9 inch ends with Currie 9 inch axles. Full spool diff. Deavers and 16 inch fox smoothies.

5L V8 with manual 5 speed tranny. 4.88 gearing..

Plus 4 fiberglass front fenders... rear is cut rolled and stretched ( think a case of beer and a sawsall)

Last edited:

braindead

Reaction score
Getto fabulous Beam runner for the win... With 10,000 + actual Baja miles on it... Extendo beams, Engine cage, 4x4, spooled up 8.8/9 Hybrid, deavers... Caged 3 seater... on 35s with two spares... and a VHF moded race radio! 5L v8. ... $6500 and its yours, but I have to go get it out of my shop in baja. View attachment 817834

That things is awesome! I'd go mall crawlin in that all day long, those parking stops wouldn't know what hit em.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Yea but hat was still way over 10k

A truck like this your looking a legit 18-25k today still with stock power, 22-30k with V8 swap.

A truck that clean I wouldn’t let go for less then 30! But that’s just me!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I was on DR back in the day, man that site went to shit. There were like 4-5 dudes running around terrorizing everyone and mods didn't do a a thing....
I was in it too, back in the hay day with all them peeps, did a couple meet ups too

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I saw that truck when I use to be on DR!
I was on DR back in the day, man that site went to shit. There were like 4-5 dudes running around terrorizing everyone and mods didn't do a a thing....
I was in it too, back in the hay day with all them peeps, did a couple meet ups too

haha small world! yeah...we all grew up, but DR never did.... wasted a lot of my time on that site back in the day. Good times.

Riverryder

Reaction score
haha small world! yeah...we all grew up, but DR never did.... wasted a lot of my time on that site back in the day. Good times.

Haha I learned so much from that site!
Like this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.