WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dallas / Plano Inmates - help required for family

Singleton

Reaction score
long story short - my sisters husband pointed gun @ my sister and fired at her. Bullet came within 6” of her head. This all occurred Thursday night.

Sister has RO in place (went to court today and TRO was replaced with RO) and filed divorce docs filed today as well.

He is currently arraigned on aggravated assault w/ deadly weapon with a 10k bail (1k bond). His brother will most likely bail him out this week.

So, I need a place for my sister to crash if she does not feel safe at her home.

Any help would be great

Being in Ca and flying to Hawaii Thursday to spend Thanksgiving with middle son @ school I can’t help in person.

riverroyal

Reaction score
This is first.... sorry man! Tough situation.
I’m sure you will get plenty of ‘I’d do this and thats’
One thing is for sure, she shouldn’t wait for the cops to help.

Singleton

Reaction score
This is first.... sorry man! Tough situation.
I’m sure you will get plenty of ‘I’d do this and thats’
One thing is for sure, she shouldn’t wait for the cops to help.

Thats the goal. Once I get notice he has been released (I registered for that today as well as my sister), I want my sister gone from her house for a couple days. Prefer somewhere safe and not a hotel (that is my fallback plan).
Family (me and my dad) have already contracted a private security firm to watch her house 24/7 once he is released. But they can’t take action (only call cops). If he shows at the house it violates RO and he gets arrested again. Goal is to keep him behind bars as long as possible.

Singleton

Reaction score
Get her a gun also.

Working on that. They owned 2 guns, both are missing. When this went down, she left house and her husband was inside house. All indoor security cameras were destroyed and guns MIA. SWAT showed up and removed him from house. Search warrant issued and after 6 hours, cops could not locate either gun.

She has entire event recorded (security cameras upload to cloud until they were destroyed).

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
long story short - my sisters husband pointed gun @ my sister and fired at her. Bullet came within 6” of her head. This all occurred Thursday night.

Sister has RO in place (went to court today and TRO was replaced with RO) and filed divorce docs filed today as well.

He is currently arraigned on aggravated assault w/ deadly weapon with a 10k bail (1k bond). His brother will most likely bail him out this week.

So, I need a place for my sister to crash if she does not feel safe at her home.

Any help would be great

Being in Ca and flying to Hawaii Thursday to spend Thanksgiving with middle son @ school I can’t help in person.

Why not fly her out to California and let her house sit for you?

Singleton

Reaction score
Why not fly her out to California and let her house sit for you?

Looking into that as well. Her kids (both at college) are scheduled to come home next week, she prefers to stay local so those trips don’t get messed with.

She is messed up so trying to keep something normal - flying to my place or my dads is going to add stress

4Waters

Reaction score
Looking into that as well. Her kids (both at college) are scheduled to come home next week, she prefers to stay local so those trips don’t get messed with
Change all their plans and bring them out to California, they don't need to be around him either, you never know, he might do something stupid to all of them.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Looking into that as well. Her kids (both at college) are scheduled to come home next week, she prefers to stay local so those trips don’t get messed with.

She is messed up so trying to keep something normal - flying to my place or my dads is going to add stress
Tough situation, but having her house sit for you in CA sounds like the best advice. The price/inconvenience of having the kids fly to Cali or cancel altogether is well worth it. This guy sounds like a time bomb. Nothing is worth her sticking around home right now. Good luck.

Singleton

Reaction score
Change all their plans and bring them out to California, they don't need to be around him either, you never know, he might do something stupid to all of them.

I am trying to get her to go to Florida (dad has a house in FL, but going to Cincinnati for Turkey Day). She can drive with her dogs.
Right now his brother states he will not bail him out. We had long chat today with him and while I think he will not, I plan for the worst. If the guns were located I would feel better. This is really plan B, if she does not feel safe.

After Thanksgiving and before Christmas she will be moved to one of my dads houses to get away until everything is settled.

Singleton

Reaction score
And thanks everyone for letting me vent.
She just called me today at 9am to tell me all this.
Been off/on the phone with her, my dad and others all day making sure she is SAFE.
If this idiot gets released, that is when the stress starts to kick in.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Well, you posted it on the internet so you're open for feedback.

I commend you for wanting to help your sister but it seems to me (in front of my keyboard) that she doesn't need our help, she needs YOURS.

And if she really needs help she needs to GET OUT OF TOWN. Her kids are in college - she needs to TAKE CARE OF HERSELF and get out of there. Help her leave town and stay away as long as necessary.

Good luck

Singleton

Reaction score
Well, you posted it on the internet so you're open for feedback.

I commend you for wanting to help your sister but it seems to me (in front of my keyboard) that she doesn't need our help, she needs YOURS.

And if she really needs help she needs to GET OUT OF TOWN. Her kids are in college - she needs to TAKE CARE OF HERSELF and get out of there. Help her leave town and stay away as long as necessary.

Good luck

Agreed.
Currently she is safe (he is in jail on a class 2 felony). Once he gets bailed out (if he does), I need her safe. Current discussion is to get her to leave town ASAP once he is released and have security at her house.

To be honest, my brain is spinning and I need a place to go to vent and get feedback (both being provided) on what to do. I can’t drop everything and fly to Texas to help, can only do what I can via a phone.

Singleton

Reaction score
I can help with plane tickets if that’s an issue. Also, if he can track her phone or the kids phones, they need to get new ones.

Great idea.
His phone is evidence (even if released, he will not get phone back).
Both my sisters phone and nephews phones will be moved to my plan tonight/tomorrow so they can’t be tracked. Can’t change the numbers, but can unlink the account - thanks for that idea

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

Uuuummm... flying to Cali will keep her alive. I think I'd deal with the stress of that..lol. This shit just didnt happen overnight. Sometimes these women in these abusive relationships need to forced to leave....especially now that it's gotten this bad.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the cloud works as I dont use it but, I would think all pertinent information i.e. security video should be removed and stored elsewhere and copied on to a drive, disk or something. You never know what passwords he has of hers and most can get access to the internet while in jail one way or another...

Singleton

Reaction score
Uuuummm... flying to Cali will keep her alive. I think I'd deal with the stress of that..lol. This shit just didnt happen overnight. Sometimes these women in these abusive relationships need to forced to leave....especially now that it's gotten this bad.

Agreed. Hardest part is making her see that. Her husband knows where I live. My dads houses are all in gated secured neighborhoods - that is the safer place to go. Hoping before he gets released, she makes decision to leave and go lives at one of my dads houses.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm not sure how the cloud works as I dont use it but, I would think all pertinent information i.e. security video should be removed and stored elsewhere and copied on to a drive, disk or something. You never know what passwords he has of hers and most can get access to the internet while in jail one way or another...

Did that today. I created a new email account via google and she emailed me all the videos. They have also been turned over to the McKinney PD today as well.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Trust me. Having her go visit my house or my dads is what I want.
Getting her to do that is the hard part!

To be 100%, until she get spooked not sure she will leave. Biggest fear is that will be too late.
I don't know how much of a badass your sister is, ..."but until she gets spooked."

Now, I am not Billy Badass by any means, but I can hold my own. I've heard bullets whizz by, and let me tell you, spooks the hell out of me when it happens.

Your sister needs to GTFO. If she won't, or chooses not to, there are other reasons. Boys are adults, they can make their choices. Her husband had bad aim(luckily), but full intent to kill. No matter what you do, the ball is ultimately in her court. I understand wanting to help your sister...have one of my own. That said, it's pretty damn rare to go from loving husband to homicidal real quick. There are usually incidents leading up to this point, and many other avenues for both to take.

Singleton

Reaction score
I don't know how much of a badass your sister is, ..."but until she gets spooked."

Now, I am not Billy Badass by any means, but I can hold my own. I've heard bullets whizz by, and let me tell you, spooks the hell out of me when it happens.

Your sister needs to GTFO. If she won't, or chooses not to, there are other reasons. Boys are adults, they can make their choices. Her husband had bad aim(luckily), but full intent to kill. No matter what you do, the ball is ultimately in her court. I understand wanting to help your sister...have one of my own. That said, it's pretty damn rare to go from loving husband to homicidal real quick. There are usually incidents leading up to this point, and many other avenues for both to take.

Yep.
Figured out real quick she has not been telling me everything. With both kids at college this year, gut says shit got ugly. Family has known he is an alcoholic for years and gets aggressive (verbally abusive and my gut says physical as well) when drunk.

As agreed, she needs to GTFU ASAP.
However she is not listening. Have not been able to convince her to leave yet. Working all angles to change that before he is bailed out. Spooked = when she gets notice he has made bail, I am hoping that triggers her to leave.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I've got nothing other than hotel and rent a car and leave her car at the car rental lot.
Nothing like feeling helpless in this type of situation. :(
10k bond eh, That's focked up.
Good luck.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One boy was in Oklahoma? and the other one elsewhere in Texas? Maybe talk to the boys, and get her a room near them for the holiday?

...As for the guns. Assume he took one to his work, buddy's or other safe place. Basically a drop back piece, because he knew things were getting bad. The primary that was used the other night: Look through the security footage. You may be able to narrow down what area of the house, garage or yard he went to to stash it. There is a possibility the other one is in the same location, but I highly doubt it.

4Waters

Reaction score
One boy was in Oklahoma? and the other one elsewhere in Texas? Maybe talk to the boys, and get her a room near them for the holiday?

...As for the guns. Assume he took one to his work, buddy's or other safe place. Basically a drop back piece, because he knew things were getting bad. The primary that was used the other night: Look through the security footage. You may be able to narrow down what area of the house, garage or yard he went to to stash it. There is a possibility the other one is in the same location, but I highly doubt it.

They shouldn't let his ass out until he gives up the location of the guns.

Singleton

Reaction score

Guns were in house before this went down. He destroyed security cameras inside and deactivated exterior cameras, then hid the guns.
Cops searched for 6 hours and could not find them. Not sure if they will come back to continue to search.

1 boy at OSU the other CU @ Boulder. Have talked to both, they want to go home to protect mom. I told them focus on school, grandpa and I will make sure your mom is safe.

Singleton

Reaction score
I've got nothing other than hotel and rent a car and leave her car at the car rental lot.
Nothing like feeling helpless in this type of situation. :(
10k bond eh, That's focked up.
Good luck.

Total F’up.
Many many years ago my now wife was arrested for assaulting her now ex husband (both arrested for domestic violence ) - bail was 25k.

IMO this bail amount is a complete joke (assault with deadly weapon - all on video should be more then domestic violence).

4Waters

Reaction score
Total F’up.
Many many years ago my now wife was arrested for assaulting her now ex husband (both arrested for domestic violence ) - bail was 25k.

IMO this bail amount is a complete joke (assault with deadly weapon - all on video should be more then domestic violence).
Double wink emoji if you need help, LOL. Unfortunately ex's can bring out the worst in people that's why they're ex's. I hope your sister jumps ship and GTFO of Texas for a few weeks.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Damn. I don't have any "Trusted Individuals" out that way...either hoodlum's or hero's. Both have very useful attributes in situations like these. I don't know if the local PD has dogs, but would it be possible for them to sweep the house? I know some dogs can smell powder and such? Getting the guns is important, but assholes will do harm with anything found. The best defense is distance, either far away or unknown area.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
And thanks everyone for letting me vent.
She just called me today at 9am to tell me all this.
Been off/on the phone with her, my dad and others all day making sure she is SAFE.
If this idiot gets released, that is when the stress starts to kick in.

Not to come off cold in any way, but there’s a lot less stress with everyone alive vs the stress of her and her children staying local for the holidays.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not to come off cold in any way, but there’s a lot less stress with everyone alive vs the stress of her and her children staying local for the holidays.

Not stress on me, stress on my sister.
Leaving your home which is most folks safe place, is not easy, it is stressful.
My stress is convincing her to leave. Easier said then done.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not stress on me, stress on my sister.
Leaving your home which is most folks safe place, is not easy, it is stressful.
My stress is convincing her to leave. Easier said then done.
There is stress on you, and thus also your immediate family out west. NFB....No F'n Bueno. In a way, your sister is being selfish for not leaving, knowing both you and your father would like her to leave. Also for electing to stay when the risk is so great. A place you live is not a home. A home may be a place you feel safe and comfortable, I concur. Once bullets start flying and SWAT is called, it is no longer a home, it is a battleground. Staying is laying claim as well, and I'm sure that will sit well.

This isn't your battle, but by bloodline you were drug in. Having family issues puts stress on you, and tension in your home. I don't know your sister, nor you from Adam, but don't want to hear of harm to her, or strain on your family. The family stuff sucks, I know.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
She can buy a gum cash and carry. If she can if she is goingg to stay in the area she needs to do that. As well as getting a chl. Which they can do same day in emergencys.

Best bet is too get out of there.

When it comes to changing phones. Down load the contacts on to aomething other then the sim chip. Buy new ones, best to change numbers as well.

They wont find the guns... he has them some place.

As some onr that has a life time ro against a former partner, carry that paper work, every where. Hard copies, saved too your phone, flash drives. I even have one on my key chain. I am not worried about my ex coming after me, but if i need it i have it. You want to not only be able to tell the leo there is a ro, but hand him a copy of it so he can see what reatrictiins are in place. Also a ro goes both ways, you can not contact that person. Doing so sets you up for arrest and/ or invaldation.

Last edited:

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Difficult situation for your family Rob. Glad to hear she’s ok and going to be ok in the future.

DLC

Reaction score
Sorry to read about this messed up situation your family is going thru.

if your sisters survival is based on weather she is able to get her own gun, well that’s a F’d up situation!! if she hasn’t been trained or even proficient with gun handling, shooting, plinking in general then the gun won’t save her, it will only be a false sense of security!

she needs to get away and clear her head and come up with a plan for herself and her kids! She also needs to seek some help and have a professional she can talk to.

this is just crazy, I’m in San Diego some guy just killed the 4 kids and shot the wife and then himself like 2-3 days ago so this happens and is very serious! Error on the side of safety

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’m not telling you what to do here. However if it were my sister, I would call in sick to work tomorrow, get on a plane and help her pack her shit to GTFO NOW! He’s going to get released at some point and she probably won’t know when it happens. It’s not unheard of for a predator to go right back to the scene of the crime and finish what they started. I wouldn’t want this on my conscience the rest of my life by not acting out. You say you don’t have time to help her? Will you have time to bury her? Just Sayin!

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m not telling you what to do here. However if it were my sister, I would call in sick to work tomorrow, get on a plane and help her pack her shit to GTFO NOW! He’s going to get released at some point and she probably won’t know when it happens. It’s not unheard of for a predator to go right back to the scene of the crime and finish what they started. I wouldn’t want this on my conscience the rest of my life by not acting out. You say you don’t have time to help her? Will you have time to bury her? Just Sayin!

I want my sister out. Wife told me tonight, do what is needed prior to Thursday to get her out, or you will be stressed while we are away. So, I have a reservation tomorrow night on SWA to Dallas then 24hrs on the grown. She has a one way flight reservation Wednesday, 90 minutes before my flight home. Goal is to get her on that flight. Once she is on flights, boys flights will be changed and she will celebrate Thanksgiving with her kids at my dads. If she refuses to get on flight, I am not sure WTF to do.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I want my sister out. Wife told me tonight, do what is needed prior to Thursday to get her out, or you will be stressed while we are away. So, I have a reservation tomorrow night on SWA to Dallas then 24hrs on the grown. She has a one way flight reservation Wednesday, 90 minutes before my flight home. Goal is to get her on that flight. Once she is on flights, boys flights will be changed and she will celebrate Thanksgiving with her kids at my dads. If she refuses to get on flight, I am not sure WTF to do.
Nothing you can do. She is an adult. She has to live with her choices. Sadly so do you

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Best of luck to you and the family. Crazy to say the least!!!

1 boy at OSU the other CU @ Boulder.

Our son graduated from Boulder and is there now working in architecture. If anything is needed on that front I can contact my son. Just let me know

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm glad your wife is backing you, and glad to read this as well. Your Sis may be stubborn now, maybe even in partial denial of previous events. Seeing you in person, there in Texas, may do a lot to persuade her. Family is a really weird thing. Female family...whole other issue. Stay on your toes, and the best of luck on your run.

rrrr

Reaction score
Did this happen in McKinney? Is the shitbag in the Collin County Jail?

I'm willing to help, but not sure if I can do anything based on your conversations with her.

farmo83

Reaction score
Good luck with your effort to get her out to Cali. Sometimes what people think they need and what they really need are two very different things and it sounds like your sister needs to get the hell out of Dallas for a while, do whatever you have to in order for her to get on that plane. Horrible situation all around.