WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanksgiving weekend offroad rides in havasu

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I am staying with @LargeOrangeFont and his family’s house. I wanted to do a Friday night ride to the cabin and back (I’ll bring some firewood since it will be cold)

also doing the desert bar the man way on sat.

any one interested. I know @DLC is down

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Maybe my guests (15) will be gone by Friday noon

jbird

Reaction score
We are in!
I’m looking into renting another 4 seater for a day or two as I have guests coming into town and not enough seats in the RZR to fit everyone.

How long is the trip to the desert bar the “man way”?
We did the kiddy way today.

Havalife

Reaction score
I think the man way is from Havasu to Planet ranch and around to desert bar. Is someone thinking differnt? No Highway

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Desert bar the main way.. being the main road? Or ??

I’ll roll out to the cabin Friday.

riverroyal

Reaction score
We are in for Saturday to go somewhere. Im not gonna lie though the MAN way might be plan B. Might take the girl way and use some highway.
Its gonna be freezing in the morning

DLC

Reaction score
Do you want to work on some approximate start times for Friday and Saturday.

Friday night is going to be a cold and wet/muddy ride, might still get some spotty rain....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Do you want to work on some approximate start times for Friday and Saturday.

Friday night is going to be a cold and wet/muddy ride, might still get some spotty rain....

I’m starting to think Ian is the loose nut here :)

I was thinking ~8PM start for Friday night but that is up for discussion.

Some poor bastard will hit a puddle at speed and get soaked:)

DLC

Reaction score
Just making sure your up to it!!!

Bails

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would put together some rides for the weekend. I just got a new GPS and would like to get some new tracks. I like a good adventure, heck last year I got lost on the cabin night ride and then got pulled over on the way home. it was a good time. The problem is I'm no Iron Man and I have a 4 year old and a wife. I could get away with the night ride but I don't think they would be up for the long desert bar ride.

how long is the ride to the desert bar?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The man way to the desert bar is 73 miles one way. We would have to leave desert bar and head into Parker to get gas to be able to make it back on fuel.

we would leave desert bar to get fuel about 10 miles and then return to cienega springs road to do our return trip home.

overall mileage is ~160 miles round trip.

some things to note.
1. This is starting and stopping from daves house. And offroading from top of mcculoch vs starting std wash area
2. Planet ranch is a water crossing and depending how much rain havasu gets could turn the trip around.
3. This is all day and has the real possibility of return at night. People need to be prepared as you need spare tires, belts, and misc tools.
4. Not a race and we will be stopping for quick breaks but not Loose Nuts aka river daves types of breaks lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
For a night ride to the cabin, that is about 35 miles away one way so ~70 miles round trip. This is again from daves house. We could start by cement plant and it’s not as far from that starting point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The man way to the desert bar is 73 miles one way. We would have to leave desert bar and head into Parker to get gas to be able to make it back on fuel.

we would leave desert bar to get fuel about 10 miles and then return to cienega springs road to do our return trip home.

overall mileage is ~160 miles round trip.

some things to note.
1. This is starting and stopping from daves house. And offroading from top of mcculoch vs starting std wash area
2. Planet ranch is a water crossing and depending how much rain havasu gets could turn the trip around.
3. This is all day and has the real possibility of return at night. People need to be prepared as you need spare tires, belts, and misc tools.
4. Not a race and we will be stopping for quick breaks but not Loose Nuts aka river daves types of breaks lol

Good thing I got a can am so I can wait for you rzr guys.. lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im 90% we are not doing the long way.
If anyone is doing the hop on 95 to gas station route let me know.
It will be too long of a day doing the long way for us.

lavey jr

Reaction score
I’ll be camping at Pirates Cove, Nov 27-Dec 1st. Would love to meet up with some of you!
Just bought a 2019 Polaris RZR Turbo S on Friday. Can’t wait to take it in the dirt!

2CE0FF52-C0AE-4721-8F61-4088F879DDE6.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Hence it’s the man way and you say JB is the gay one lol
Ha. Long way sounds awesome. But...i have dinner reservations with pops and people friday night. Its gonna be a late one. I dont see myself getting up early.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Where does everyone want to meet for the Friday night ride?

river daves house?
Gas station?
Cement plant?

I say meet at 7:30 leaving by 8:00 pm sharp.

Blazen Js

Reaction score
The Friday night ride is gaining interest within our Can Am Cartel. It's going to be cold and wet.....Kids are IN with mention of a bonfire or maybe I said smores!:) By the time we will be returning to the cement plant, I am sure my co-pilot would love to see our luxury SUV and trailer waiting for us instead of running the road home. How far is the cabin from the cement plant?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The Friday night ride is gaining interest within our Can Am Cartel. It's going to be cold and wet.....Kids are IN with mention of a bonfire or maybe I said smores!:) By the time we will be returning to the cement plant, I am sure my co-pilot would love to see our luxury SUV and trailer waiting for us instead of running the road home. How far is the cabin from the cement plant?

if memory serves me right it’s about 26 miles one way from cement plant to cabin.
Haha i was pumped to tell the wife about friday night....check out our conversation

View attachment 820092

haha that is funny. We will try to limit the beer stops lol. I’ll be bringing some wood if others can bring some too we can have some decent heat

heated seats like @DLC has would be nice too

Dirtbag

Reaction score
can definitely throw some wood in the back of the General

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Both of these are gonna be some seriously muddy and freezing rides.. lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where does everyone want to meet for the Friday night ride?

river daves house?
Gas station?
Cement plant?

I say meet at 7:30 leaving by 8:00 pm sharp.

I’d say a gas station or other easily accessible place to meet up. Better be strapped in at 7:59, 8 PM the group is rolling.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Let’s all meet at the short stop gas station @7:30 pm az time. We are leaving 8:00 pm sharp. We will be on race radios as well channel TBD.

the short stop is located on the south side of town. South mcculloch and the 95 highway.

we will then head to cement plant and take off from there.

see you all Friday night

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let’s all meet at the short stop gas station @7:30 pm az time. We are leaving 8:00 pm sharp. We will be on race radios as well channel TBD.

the short stop is located on the south side of town. South mcculloch and the 95 highway.

we will then head to cement plant and take off from there.

see you all Friday night

I’ll be at the short stop. Either be in my truck with the window wipers going to say good luck or in my sxs. Lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’ll be at the short stop. Either be in my truck with the window wipers going to say good luck or in my sxs. Lol
Lol you will be in your sxs. You know I always put on a good ride lol. Either way come hang out

FishSniper

Reaction score
I am staying with @LargeOrangeFont and his family’s house. I wanted to do a Friday night ride to the cabin and back (I’ll bring some firewood since it will be cold)

Hopefully next year will

Subscribed to this thread hopefully will be able to make this run next year. Will be in the market for an off-road vehicle in the next few months.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dave I’m probably doing the girl way Saturday if you want. No 90 miles each way for me!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Dave I’m probably doing the girl way Saturday if you want. No 90 miles each way for me!

I may go the tranny way- Man way there and girl way back.

I may not have the time window on Sat to go the full offroad route both ways... daughter wants to go see Frozen 2 at some point this weekend and I’ll have to hang with my son.

Reactions: DWC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ive never ridden in dust freehavasu cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s amazing! Best riding is right after it rains. Also smooths out the washboard some! Then add dust free at night. You will actually be able to use your lights and be able to see lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It’s amazing! Best riding is right after it rains. Also smooths out the washboard some! Then add dust free at night. You will actually be able to use your lights and be able to see lol

You mean that the people behind you will blind you :)