WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Gel Scheme Idea

Nick0317

Reaction score
So I have been working on how to update the boat as I am not a fan of what is currently on there. Looking for recommendations of shops and price ideas or kicking around the idea of just doing it myself. I have painted but never done gel coat and researching the process. It seems like mostly man hours which I have plenty of time and just doing good prep work and buying quality products.

Any help or advise would be awesome here is a really crappy sketch of what I am looking to do and what is currently on the boat.
Untitled.jpg
DCB Mach26.jpg

Nick0317

Reaction score
Its really not. Advise will probably be taken. Just a feeler. I figured around 400-600 a foot to redo the boat.

chvynhra

Reaction score
Leave it, it's a classic. I want a mach 26 bad...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So I have been working on how to update the boat as I am not a fan of what is currently on there. Looking for recommendations of shops and price ideas or kicking around the idea of just doing it myself. I have painted but never done gel coat and researching the process. It seems like mostly man hours which I have plenty of time and just doing good prep work and buying quality products.

Any help or advise would be awesome here is a really crappy sketch of what I am looking to do and what is currently on the boat.
View attachment 815181
View attachment 815182
You’ve painted, but gelcoat is not paint.
Another vote for leave it be.
It looks pretty nice as it is and like OD1 said, pretty timeless.

Nick0317

Reaction score
I keep looking at it and I’m about onboard now. Probably better spent updating the interior but want it to go along with the era.

Nick0317

Reaction score
We have a Mach 26 also and feel your pain.i like the boat but not the gel design
Yea but I can deal with it. Just not a fan of green. How do you like the windscreens? Been looking for something to help deflect some of the wind

tx-19

Reaction score
Yea but I can deal with it. Just not a fan of green. How do you like the windscreens? Been looking for something to help deflect some of the wind
I love them they really help