WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Democrat thinks you are an idiot

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
Are you attempting to advocate abolishing the Electoral College.....what is your point?
Here is mine.....a republic is the system of government that allows the U.S. to be democratic. Yes, we live in a democracy, and our constitutional republic is our government's structure which allows our democracy.

Eugene Volokh of the UCLA School of Law notes that the United States exemplifies the varied nature of a constitutional republic—a country where some decisions (often local) are made by direct democratic processes, while others (often federal) are made by democratically elected representatives.

Again...what's your point?
94 doesn't think America is a democracy. Ronald Reagan and I disagree. That's my point.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
But yes, I'd also favor abolishing the Electoral College. Imagine the riots if Trump were to win the popular vote next time round and lose the Electoral College, especially if a few unfaithful electors vote against him despite the popular vote in their state. That is a possibility with this kooky system and you would lose your shit completely if one of these electors actually took advantage of the independence allowed them.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
94 doesn't think America is a democracy. Ronald Reagan and I disagree. That's my point.
Yet you want to abolish the very thing that proves we are a republic, not a democracy. We employ democratic principles in order to elect our representatives.

Some crows are missing their researcher. Feel free to leave.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Yet you want to abolish the very thing that proves we are a republic, not a democracy. We employ democratic principles in order to elect our representatives.

Some crows are missing their researcher. Feel free to leave.
Reagan seems to think we’re a democracy. Maybe it’s because THE TWO WORDS ARE SYNONYMS!

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
93732CD4-EF1A-4671-AD4C-95687115525B.png

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Not one Liberal Candidate speaks against what’s going on in China.

It’s so sad to see that people in Hong Kong are proudly holding American flags and wanting liberty and freedom. Yet, in the United States we have assholes like Kaepernick and so many other pieces of shit that don’t have a fucking clue.