WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Ford Truck Air Wedge hack?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Twice now I've seen where friends locked their keys in their Ford trucks with dead batteries. Can't use the number combo code either because the battery is dead.
The tow truck driver used the air wedge to bend the living fuck out of the door so he can bootleg it open.
Geezus the grief with the owners seeing their trucks door bent back worse than the picture depicts. Tow Truck driver said not unusual for the window to crack using the air wedge.

images

OK consider this:
If you leave your RV trailer plugged in it drains the truck battery right?

Power up the hot and ground legs on the trucks trailer plug-in receptacle and back feed charge the trucks battery?

images

Waddya think? Might it work?
Especially when you are out in the nowhere everything is a million miles from.
Maybe use something like this this to hot it up and at least unlock the doors?:

Scosche-PortableCarJumpStarter-5a74a5148023b90036eb4e90.jpg

rickym20

Reaction score
I’ve used the jumper on a Chevy trailer plug before. It works enough to unlock doors with key fob.

Reactions: TPC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless that wire is not +12V constant for some reason.

Reactions: TPC

Singleton

Reaction score
My trailer plug on my 17 F350 is not constant hot. Turns off 30 minutes after truck is turned off.
Not sure this would work. Spare plastic key for door is kept in secret spot

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I have a couple ford trucks without the door code. Guys have locked the keys in the trucks and just used a slimjim. Maybe the air wedge is easier I guess.

Reactions: DWC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ve used the air wedge (all Bomb Techs go through lock picking school), numerous times and never broke or bent anything

Glad I carry One in the TH
You can order some nice plastic wedges from keystone and other LA police tow companies

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My trailer plug on my 17 F350 is not constant hot. Turns off 30 minutes after truck is turned off.
Not sure this would work. Spare plastic key for door is kept in secret spot

Mine still has a key on the fob, as mine is an XLT, so unless I lock the keys in the truck AND the battery dies, I don’t have an issue.