WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu garage mini split

ACS

Reaction score
I’m looking to put 2 2ton mini split systems in my garage. It is a typical Havasu RV garage that is 1930 square feet. I am not sure if this would be adequately sized for the summer heat. I was wondering what size you guys are running in your garages. Thanks for your input.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
many Factors play a part in getting the right size. Insulation in walls, roof, roll up doors, attic/ no attic?, etc etc etc.

I know RD has 5 tons of cooling in his garage. So can’t say if 2 tons will be sufficient

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
many Factors play a part in getting the right size. Insulation in walls, roof, roll up doors, attic/ no attic?, etc etc etc.

I know RD has 5 tons of cooling in his garage. So can’t say if 2 tons will be sufficient
For me I have a RV garage 60' x 14' flat roof with front and back garage doors. And. 3 car with a attic. 1 double wide door and a single door. Wall are insulated. My concern is the units would be installed on the wall in the RV garage. Not sure the cold air will make it to the 3 car garage. I have swamp cooler in the RV and just cools that area. What do you think. There is about a 10 ft opening that separates the 2 garages

DLC

Reaction score
I have a 5 ton split system in my garage and use ceiling fans to move the are around when I’m inside playing. I think its about 17/1800 sf

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
For me I have a RV garage 60' x 14' flat roof with front and back garage doors. And. 3 car with a attic. 1 double wide door and a single door. Wall are insulated. My concern is the units would be installed on the wall in the RV garage. Not sure the cold air will make it to the 3 car garage. I have swamp cooler in the RV and just cools that area. What do you think. There is about a 10 ft opening that separates the 2 garages

Most mini splits can “throw” air pretty far. Mostly depends on the type of equipment. Minis are pretty good at moving air in a manner that will condition a large area. Over sizing with a mini isn’t a bad thing but going too small is for sure.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Most mini splits can “throw” air pretty far. Mostly depends on the type of equipment. Minis are pretty good at moving air in a manner that will condition a large area. Over sizing with a mini isn’t a bad thing but going too small is for sure.
I'm thinking I may need 2 mini splits like RD has.

C08H18

Reaction score
My shop in phx is 28x45 with 12’ ceiling and two 20’ doors. I have a conventional 5ton unit that runs all day to keep it cool. Go big so that you don’t need to start the AC 6 hrs before you’re working out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACS

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. It looks like 4 tons will not be sufficient. I need to need 5+ tons.