WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Draining the pool with twin 450Rs

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
When do we get to see the video of this putting up some big numbers? :eek:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Jeff Ohai's new 25' Speedster with twin 450Rs. We ran her out in the pool yesterday. Kenny took her full throttle for a moment. Had to make sure the boost was reading :D

Badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Huh. That was full throttle? I was thinking about 10x as much water moving than what it looked/sounded like....o_O

Must be pretty quiet motors? Dunno..not a whacker guy....:)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Thank you for just joking. I thought for a second this might just be somebody actually trying that feat.
Them motors have a crazy whine. Kind o' like it. :cool:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Pretty cool, but I kept thinking, isn't this stressing the hell out of something? :eek:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I’ve seen jet boats drain that pool better:D
I’ve seen jet boats drain that pool better:D

The Jet Bote' is not a fair comparison. ;)

IMG_0263 (2) - Edited.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
This thing is bad ass and going to be sick!! Looking forward to seeing how it performs, its going to be a rocket for sure.

Dream boat!!

HCP3

Reaction score
Love the new small displacement, high-revving V8's. Reminds me of the good ole' days in F1.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Some people :rolleyes:

On those OB’s the exhaust exits under water unlike our inboards which exits above water.

I bet if I directed my exhaust out of my big V8 inboard underwater like an OB it would sound similar.

I heard a video with that V8 450 on a test stand and it sounds like the V8 we all love when it was NOT submerged in water.

Great looking boat. Should be a rocket ship

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Sitting in a pool vs running on plane. I had a cat with 450's do a speed run by me and they sound pretty damn good. Being fully submerged in a pool does not give you the same sound.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Maybe someone will put a set of zoomies on an outboard ... that might be what is missing for me.... I love the sound of a V8 at 6krpm!

attitude

Reaction score
Some people :rolleyes:

On those OB’s the exhaust exits under water unlike our inboards which exits above water.

I bet if I directed my exhaust out of my big V8 inboard underwater like an OB it would sound similar.

I heard a video with that V8 450 on a test stand and it sounds like the V8 we all love when it was NOT submerged in water.

Great looking boat. Should be a rocket ship
Even with the sport exhaust exiting the mid they still sound really muffled, if the sounded in the water like they did out of the water no one would have anything to complain about lol.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So curious are the cowls really stickered with the 300R stickers or was that just for the boat show?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Just saw a video of bully’s out of the water on the hose. If only they could sound like that in the water

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score
So curious are the cowls really stickered with the 300R stickers or was that just for the boat show?
They put 300 cowls on it at the boat show because they don’t want someone with a big check book who doesn’t have experience to back it up to buy one. The average outboard guy can tell the difference between the 300s and 450s without using the cowl so it’s not totally stealth.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Someone would find something to complain about.

Even with the sport exhaust exiting the mid they still sound really muffled, if the sounded in the water like they did out of the water no one would have anything to complain about lol.

I prefer to evaluate their worth based upon where the rubber meets the road. Last summer I was boating with all the outboard boats on a 100 mile run and they all left me in the dust. Thats all that matters.

Riverryder

Reaction score

I prefer to evaluate their worth based upon where the rubber meets the road. Last summer I was boating with all the outboard boats on a 100 mile run and they all left me in the dust. Thats all that matters.

They had 2 motors for your one motor tho?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

At least I waved.........

Riverryder

Reaction score
Yep we had 600hp of sewing machine wackers and a MUCH larger boat versus his car motor 700+ hp 27'
Dave's current boat is gorgeous, just won't hang with twin outboards.

Is that fair tho? 27’ boat 1 prop versus a boat with 2 motors and 2 props?

One woman can get you off. But 2 women at the same time will get it done faster no?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Dunno why you car motor guys are so sensitive....:)

I’m far from that. But rather see your boat and talk about that then us talkin about how great these 450s are when 80% people
On this site have a payment on there boat.
I can’t afford the egg beaters. But I have the title Of my boat.
I’m
On her everyday and everyone talks in a dream there’s few people on here I have seen with the pockets to afford this.

attitude

Reaction score
I’m far from that. But rather see your boat and talk about that then us talkin about how great these 450s are when 80% people
On this site have a payment on there boat.
I can’t afford the egg beaters. But I have the title Of my boat.
I’m
On her everyday and everyone talks in a dream there’s few people on here I have seen with the pockets to afford this.

You should ask DCB, Eliminator, etc how many people finance their 200k+ boats;)

hallett21

Reaction score

Enough that they advertise the 240 month payment plan at the boat show lol

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture of this boat floating. When I first read this thread I didn't realize that the boat is only a 25' Daytona. I bet that thing sits super bow high with those big egg beaters hanging off the back.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You lost me at the 2 woman analogy. What were we talking about again?:D:p:cool:

Is that fair tho? 27’ boat 1 prop versus a boat with 2 motors and 2 props?

One woman can get you off. But 2 women at the same time will get it done faster no?

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score

Been waiting for you to try and quote a post of mine on this subject! You claim the eliminator that your dad bought like it’s yours. I’m sure your my age or close to my age(28). But we come from earning my boat and you riding in your dads boat! The title on my boat read my name? What about your boat(your dads)?

A lot of people are financing boats. Most pay cash but a lot are financing. Just like pre recession. It’s a cycle. When the economy’s doing good people feel they can have somethin out of there reach.

Riverryder

Reaction score
You lost me at the 2 woman analogy. What were we talking about again?

Someone said your boat couldn’t keep up with another boat with 2 motors. I was just trying to say 1 prop isn’t as efficiently 2.