WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best nonsexual feeling......

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The rocking of the boat when you first sit down. The vibration and sound of the motor when you fire it up. Pushing the sticks forward and getting the blast of wind as the bow drops as you roll on plane. That rush of wind puts a smile on my face every time. I can't think of a time that I'm happier.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
2842769D-F07E-4EE7-BF49-4BDFD03EBEF6.jpeg
It’s the simple pleasures in life....

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
Grabbing a sandwich in town , couple beers in the cooler , load the Rzr up and ride out in the desert. Find a spot eat your sandwich, drink a beer , and watch the trains go by ...

Are you married? Why are you buying sandwiches from somewhere if you are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
An Albacore Tuna trolling strike while you’re holding the rod. Popping an ice cold beer in a remote Owens Valley summer location. Playing in a very good band live, on stage, when suddenly it all comes totally together and you and the entire band realize you are all playing 10 levels beyond. You just hang on, support it, participate, play your ass off and enjoy it. Amazing stuff. Pretty sure Music to My Ears and perhaps a few others may relate to that.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t really know how to explain it and no one else says they get the same feeling, but when I kind of half flip into a pool, or lake, or body of water, and land on my back and let myself sink, it feels like I’m free falling. I love that feeling. Watching my kids be born also gave me a weird outer body experience. Kind of always reminds me of the scene from blow when George has a heart attack :p

DC-88

Reaction score
1. Dropping into an overhead wave over coral reef in the tropics, pulling into the barrel and getting the ears popped on the way out as the wave bends into a horse shoe and gets ready to roll through another section. 2. Driving a properly set up circle boat , preferably one that belongs to someone else...

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Carving a wall of water out of glass onto the tulies on the river at sunset. Pulling the collective stick up hard, just @ rotor torque redline in any helicopter. Firing any weapons from any helicopter gunships. Ringing a target @ 1000+ meters out. The smell of the desert after summer storms. The smell of the river getting nearer. Playing my music instruments. Sparking up a doobie in the wilderness. The smell of kind bud flowering. Hearing how my kind bud medicine has helped someones life.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I was listening to FHF on KLOS this morning and this was one of the topics, there was some interesting answers and I figured this would be a good/interesting winter thread here.

I have several answers and those will be posted so I'm going with an off the wall answer here. Those of you that have had the opportunity to do this will agree.

That feeling when you take your thumb off the trans brake button or a high rpm clutch dump on slick. :D

Let's here yours.

Fuck yes... So in the drag boat it's very similar the way we have it set up.

It's a 500 cubic inch normally aspirated deal making 1200hp. Spins 9000 rpm going down the track from A to B in a jet boat. It has a neutral bucket that flows a crap ton of water. So we bring the rpm up to 4500 rpm, then with a flip of a switch and deck the throttle the bucket opens and we are instantly at 9000 rpm and going down the track. I'll see if I can upload the video.

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
No wife ...

Oh ok makes sense. No channel snacks that can make a sammich?

I’m
Not married either but I dint cook and eat good every night!! Idk hoe to make a good Sammy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cofooter

Reaction score
Heading out on the river in the summer when its still dark and 75 degrees out to get an early rip and afterwards watching the sun come up as you are floating down the river as your smelling the morning must
First tracks on a powder day, when you get to the parking lot and the sun is rising to a blue sky, and you're one of the first on the lift.

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
Turn 3 on the first lap when you realize you made it through the 50 cars that we’re trying to take your position away and wreak you.

See the blue 37 that shoots up the inside. That’s me. I finished 5th.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
When you set the sprint car in perfectly on the cushion and lay the wood to it carrying left front in the air all the way around the corner.
Or when your going over 100 mph in a modified and you feel the whole car free up and feel like your floating in air.

Nordie

Reaction score
Hitting a jackpot 1k plus is a rush.