WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The New Boat

rvrrun

Reaction score
We loved our Tremor and it was flawless for five years doing everything the family needed. That was always referred to as my boat, this is Julie's. She works hard and she like to play hard so we decided against a pontoon and went for a 2020 GS24 Nautique. It's going to be the perfect boat for right now. I doubt I'll ever have a connection with it like I did with the Tremor but we will be able to get the family on the lake for some watersports before our bodies won't allow it anymore and while the girls are with us and not off to college. When we started boat shopping five years ago, we went to Sun Country in Newport and saw a G25 that we fell in love with. Ever since, we always wanted a Nautique. This boat is not the dock crusher that the G25 is but can still surf (I promise to be responsible). The best thing is it's supposed to have a decent slalom wake, so we optioned it with a pylon and picked up a couple of free ride skis at the boat show. The only thing it lacks is abundant shade, but I think I have a solution for that and will start working on it after we take delivery. We had some other color combinations that I liked much better, but decided to keep it mostly white where you touch due to the Havasu sun.
Front.png
LRear.png
RF.png
RRear.png
Side.png
side_top.png
IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
We just got these build pics last night so I decided to post them up along with our original renderings. Hopefully, they will be sending more shots as it progresses. I'm happy with the way it's turning out so far, but I think the trailer is lacking a bit.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Congrats!
What’s the rules on people sitting on the back seats? I know I read somewhere that mead doesn’t allow it. Does havi allow it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babyback

Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side...we made the jump three years ago and don’t have one regret.

Tons of memories ahead for you and your family! Congratulations

rvrrun

Reaction score
Congrats!
What’s the rules on people sitting on the back seats? I know I read somewhere that mead doesn’t allow it. Does havi allow it?

It’s not allowed. I’m pretty sure that’s a quick ticket in Havi. Those seats and the others for rear viewing will be nice for the channel, there was no good spot to sit on the Tremor in the channel except for the open bow.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Yup, gonna be tons of fun and looks comfortable! I had a Mastercraft some many years ago and it was a gas. Congrats!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
It’s not allowed. I’m pretty sure that’s a quick ticket in Havi. Those seats and the others for rear viewing will be nice for the channel, there was no good spot to sit on the Tremor in the channel except for the open bow.

Yes, correct. 500.00 first offense in Nazi Tahoe.

Boat looks great! I sell a shit ton of GS series boats. I have two custom orders for customers on their way currently. The GS24 with Pro Ballast surfs very similar to a G series.

Congrats!

Bypass the Nautique bimini and get a SewLong. I sell Sewlongs five to one Nautique biminis. They fold up smaller when stowed, open up much larger when deployed and you can chose colors as opposed to just black with the Nautique bimini. The Nautique bimini is great quality but not quite as usefull as the SewLong brand.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Congratulations, What's with that Snake Exhaust? if you can't hear the roar of the exhaust, something is missing. Sorry but i'm old school.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Congratulations, What's with that Snake Exhaust? if you can't hear the roar of the exhaust, something is missing. Sorry but i'm old school.

Puts the exhaust gases in the water, below the surfer. There were some claims years back that the surfers were getting carbon monoxide poisoning. I think it makes the boat quieter, which to me is nice.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Wake boats are not my 1st choice. Hope it suits your family well.
I Like your subtle color choices, looks better than any of the ones shown in the boat show thread. Congrats.

E4L

Reaction score
Nice looks like it’s down the road from me I’m gonna go take it for a test run.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff going on there,
Congrats. :cool:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Just keep it out of parker mike!!;)Ha ha congrats buddy...good lookin ride!

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I was told riding outside of passenger compartment is an "arrestable offense" by Mohave County Sheriff this year on Havasu. Spoke to them directly while they were fueling at LHC Marina. I pointed to my engine hatch/sunpad (270) and clarified even with feet inside...

rvrrun

Reaction score
Yes, correct. 500.00 first offense in Nazi Tahoe.

Boat looks great! I sell a shit ton of GS series boats. I have two custom orders for customers on their way currently. The GS24 with Pro Ballast surfs very similar to a G series.

Congrats!

Bypass the Nautique bimini and get a SewLong. I sell Sewlongs five to one Nautique biminis. They fold up smaller when stowed, open up much larger when deployed and you can chose colors as opposed to just black with the Nautique bimini. The Nautique bimini is great quality but not quite as usefull as the SewLong brand.
You mentioned the Sewlong in another post and I looked into it. I am thinking of something more like the Paragon shade extensions. In the Havasu heat shade is everything for us.

I had planned on coming on the board and asking if any members were dealers before we bought. My wife has a patient that’s a dealer in TX and he said it was bad juju to go with a non local dealer so we went with the one in Havi.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Any one else catch this step setup ? View attachment 836415
I don’t know if that’s going to be good or bad. Most of the trailers we looked at online were by Boatmate. They use v shaped steps (3 I think) that start just under the trailer frame and go up even with the bow. I think stepping on the tongue and then this will be fine, but I’m usually in the boat when my wife launches me anyhow.
It should have seadek on it instead of the diamond plate (I thought the aluminum would suck on the feet in 110 degree heat).

H2O

Reaction score
So...will there be a Tremor coming up for sale soon?

rvrrun

Reaction score
So...will there be a Tremor coming up for sale soon?
She left us a couple months ago.

I was secretly hoping she didn’t sell, but she’s with a good family. It’s gonna be bittersweet every time I see her across the lake.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
I don’t know if that’s going to be good or bad. Most of the trailers we looked at online were by Boatmate. They use v shaped steps (3 I think) that start just under the trailer frame and go up even with the bow. I think stepping on the tongue and then this will be fine, but I’m usually in the boat when my wife launches me anyhow.
It should have seadek on it instead of the diamond plate (I thought the aluminum would suck on the feet in 110 degree heat).

I think it’s a great idea and I’m gonna copy it. Nice touch!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
You mentioned the Sewlong in another post and I looked into it. I am thinking of something more like the Paragon shade extensions. In the Havasu heat shade is everything for us.

I had planned on coming on the board and asking if any members were dealers before we bought. My wife has a patient that’s a dealer in TX and he said it was bad juju to go with a non local dealer so we went with the one in Havi.

Yeah I still like the Nautique bimini, but the SewLong adds another 14 to 20" of coverage behind the tower, slightly more in the front and wider. Probably a good four to five square feet of more coverage all said and done.

Thanks for thinking about buying from a forum member (me :D)that but yes, you want to buy from your servicing dealer. Nautique is about customer experience and buying and servicing all from your same dealer will give you that. I would have sent you to your local dealer no matter what.

Now if someone walks in my store and points at a boat and wants to buy it, it would be bad business not to sell it to them no matter where they live. But if I get calls of people price shopping I always direct them to their servicing dealer.

Nautique dealers can pick who they want to use as a trailer distributor however, Boatmate is Nautique's partner supplier. We use Boatmate exclusively as they have always been the best to deal with and quality has been pretty consistant. We used CTW when they were in business along with Boatmate, but when they went away we went with Boatmate 100%.

Can't wait to see it all done!

Last edited:

Raffit78

Reaction score
Beautiful boat! Nautique is the ultimate brand of quality, craftsmanship and customer service.

Congratulations!

boatnam2

Reaction score
We loved our Tremor and it was flawless for five years doing everything the family needed.

Congrats on the boat, who was your sales guy? We took a ride with spencer friday in a GS22 cool guy! GS wasn't what i was looking for but sweet boat.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Gary is handling ours. He took us out on the white/red gs24 they have there. Before that Cole took us out on a G23 during the Havasu boat show.
The G23 is a better surf boat, but I like driving the GS better and it fits in our garage which a G or pontoon would have required a special trailer or changing the garage door.

I like everything about it except it seems Nautique reserves the high end options for the G series. The padded dash in the G is nicer than the seadek in the GS and you can upgrade the stereo more in the G.

I think Spencer was who we met at the boat show last week. He was super nice and helpful.

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the build with us!!

Why do they still use the window to access the bow like that? You would think with the price tag they would have a electric sliding window like the trucks now have?

rvrrun

Reaction score

Why do they still use the window to access the bow like that? You would think with the price tag they would have a electric sliding window like the trucks now have?

They just redesigned the windshield this year, but would reserve that sliding action for the Paragon if they ever did it. It has a power helm seat, power tower, and a power folding anchor light.

Personally, I don’t like all the power/automatic gizmos, but this is the wife’s toy. I’d rather roll down the windows in a car with a crank.

Riverryder

Reaction score
No I know. I’m with you on to much power stuff isn’t good. But still figured they would figure something else out with the window that opens to access bow. Just seems like an old design that you would think would be updated is all.

Raffit78

Reaction score

I can’t imagine how many times that thing would open and close with 14-15 people on the boat in one outing. I don’t think it would be practical. Only time we close it on ours is when we’re on a long boat ride on a cool weather evening or when trailering.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
No I know that area is high traffic area but doesn’t the metal get hot?
Why do they put it anyway? Just for looks?

The window? Unfortunately not every boating area is as warm as Havi. 99% of the Nautiques I sell people not only get a heater, they get the air dam (that closes off the main cabin from the bow) but they option the heated seats. These people that surf do it from sun up to sun down and Lake Tahoe is fricken cold so they want as long as a season as they can get.

rvrrun

Reaction score
No I know that area is high traffic area but doesn’t the metal get hot?
Why do they put it anyway? Just for looks?

I plan to avoid touching it. The window is what they call “frameless” but I would imagine the aluminum behind the glass will still get plenty hot in Havasu. It’s there as a wind block and does a good job of it. We optioned it with an air dam that fills the cavity below the glass and a heater. My wife said she’s getting towed behind it when we pick it up (mid-feb), so we’ll find out how valuable those two options are. The heater ducts pull have a long hose attached and pull out below the seats so she can stuff it down her wetsuit or under a towel to warm back up.

rvrrun

Reaction score
66AD0193-7776-4CC9-AA40-DDF7C345AC6A.jpeg
77355819-3F53-40C8-82D2-BBAC23BD5594.jpeg
953BB2E6-4354-4BC4-B56D-04B55B0BD5E8.jpeg
60063DC8-8E97-492D-827F-8E871DA3241A.jpeg
B8F28A41-B016-4C5D-A7EA-55942B241D12.jpeg
A582EDDB-1670-42E3-8E42-567D8307A2FF.jpeg
F3D81595-FA76-4ECC-8AA5-CF11ADA97685.jpeg
My wife got these yesterday and then forgot to tell me. This might be the last batch from the factory since it’s supposed to be finished tomorrow. I’m hoping they send a couple more of it “gift wrapped” in the shrink plastic.

Hey @beaverretriever, in this last batch the NCRS actuator cover is off and the removed the surf pipe. Do you have any idea why they would have done that?

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
2067598B-0195-474A-B96C-B14BF0FABF98.jpeg
36A81639-D77A-4921-A320-4E5E3B9A719E.jpeg
1A40F304-6E45-4867-A0B4-BFF6F4209045.jpeg
C856E4FB-6CFB-4EE5-9386-DE8203959646.jpeg
She’s in Havasu, on the trailer and getting unwrapped and prepped. I’m sick as a dog and Julie has two surgery patients this weekend so the plan is to pick her up on Valentine’s Day and break her in.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Looks great. You are really going to enjoy being out all day playing .

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
So cool - congrats. You are going to love your Nautique. We like ours.