WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Dam Run 2020

Singleton

Reaction score
Dam it, one year I will make this run.
Doing section 11 (20.4 miles and 3 days of hiking), of the Colorado Trail with my wife, sons, FIL, SIL, BIL and his kid.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Dam it, one year I will make this run.
Doing section 11 (20.4 miles and 3 days of hiking), of the Colorado Trail with my wife, sons, FIL, SIL, BIL and his kid.
Sounds like fun.....not!! Jk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
@BHC Vic I know it's a little early, but is there any thought of picking date's for this year's run? We had the best weekend ever last year and the wifey and kid's are dieing to go again this year.

It's better than picking the date late...

Dan'l

Riley1

Reaction score
One of our favorite runs of the year. I was planning on starting a thread about it and setting it up this year since @BHC Vic was taking a break from the site. Aug 8th was going to be my plan. I really enjoyed 3 years ago when a bunch of us stayed at Katharine's landing motel. Meet and greet drinks Friday night and bbq after party Saturday, Kids all running around in the grass.

Would really like to get shirts going for this run. Maybe that’s something @RiverDave could help out with?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
One of our favorite runs of the year. I was planning on starting a thread about it and setting it up this year since @BHC Vic was taking a break from the site. Aug 8th was going to be my plan. I really enjoyed 3 years ago when a bunch of us stayed at Katharine's landing motel. Meet and greet drinks Friday night and bbq after party Saturday, Kids all running around in the grass.

Would really like to get shirts going for this run. Maybe that’s something @RiverDave could help out with?
I can’t wait!! Let me know how I can help

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We stayed Friday and Saturday nights at Katherine's Landing and had a blast. We are definitely going to do the same this year.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I
Was just talking about this run. I’m going this year. See how the 22 does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
We stayed Friday and Saturday nights at Katherine's Landing and had a blast. We are definitely going to do the same this year.

Sounds great but what did you do for food, dinners specifically? Last time I was there the restaurant was closed and we did not like was the dinner.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Sounds great but what did you do for food, dinners specifically? Last time I was there the restaurant was closed and we did not like was the dinner.

We went to the RDP party at @jeepdog house Friday night and went gambling and dinner in Laughlin Saturday night. Sunday we boated Havasu.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I thought you were the” Dam Leader”
of this run
I’ve always loved doing it as it’s my favorite run of the year, but it sounds like someone else wants to step up. As long as the run keeps going I’m happy. That’s the reason I picked it up. I had planned to run it every year till I quit boating but as long as someone is making it happen I’ll be there. I like running it because I have a delegates meeting in aug. it allowed me to chose a date I wouldn’t miss. I am a pretty busy guy though. This will be my 6th or 7th run in a row I can’t wait

Riverryder

Reaction score
I
Was just talking about this run. I’m going this year. See how the 22 does.

You plan on taking a small deck boat across lake windy?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Plenty of boat

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This is the run from Katherine to Hoover right?
Assuming he has a shockwave deck boat? They do good in white caps? Hoping for good weather as I would like to join in on this. But I would be going with adults only. Mohave can get ugly!

Last edited:

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Yes, always a good time
20190821_103322.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This is the run from Katherine to Hoover right?
Assuming he has a shockwave deck boat? They do good in white caps? Hoping for good weather as I would like to join in on this. But I would be going with adults only. Mohave can get ugly!

his actual boat was on the run in 2017 i believe. sbarry loaded his crew and made the run. looked good on the run

Riverryder

Reaction score
Yes, always a good time View attachment 836278

Wow!!! When was this?! Mohave was the place we went to most growing up with jet skis. Was fun when you times the white caps right and “doubled” thru them.

Hey I hope for blue sky’s and smooth waters as I would like to tag along. I did this run on jet skis last summer made for a long day as the waters got real rough on the way back.

Riley1

Reaction score
I’ve always loved doing it as it’s my favorite run of the year, but it sounds like someone else wants to step up. As long as the run keeps going I’m happy. That’s the reason I picked it up. I had planned to run it every year till I quit boating but as long as someone is making it happen I’ll be there. I like running it because I have a delegates meeting in aug. it allowed me to chose a date I wouldn’t miss. I am a pretty busy guy though. This will be my 6th or 7th run in a row I can’t wait
The Damn Dam Run being such an informal event, there isn’t too much to “run”. I reached out to Vic in December through a friend because he hadn’t been seen since the summer. I was just going to start a thread and maybe try to get some shirts made.
I don’t need to “run” it or have any responsibilities to this run. Was simply trying to keep it going and fill what appeared to be a vacancy.

CobraDave

Reaction score
his actual boat was on the run in 2017 i believe. sbarry loaded his crew and made the run. looked good on the run

No I won’t run across the main lake. I’ll start at just beyond. Cottonwood is it? That’s what Barry did. It was a blast in my Cobra coming through the lake at the end of the day though.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
How's the north side of the lake? Do you have to dodge sandbars like you do on the north side of Havasu? It looks like it gets pretty narrow the further you go on Mohave.

EDIT for too many beers on a Sunday.

Last edited:

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
How's the river north cruising of the lake? Do you have to dodge sandbars like you do north of Havasu? It looks like it gets narrow the further you go north of Mohave.
Lake is wide open, your post is a little confusing ....the river stops at Davis dam

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
How's the river north cruising of the lake? Do you have to dodge sandbars like you do north of Havasu? It looks like it gets narrow the further you go north of Mohave.

With mid-summer water flows in the afternoon, it shouldn't be a problem.
With only 2 units, there is a large rock bar just before the Dam. And one rock with a bouy attached a few miles from the Dam. But I have a ditch pump.

Dan'l

Riverryder

Reaction score
That picture of Mohave looks photoshop.. haha

Hypnautic

Reaction score
IMG_3280.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG
IMG_3272.JPG

Don’t know what my calendar looks like 7 months from now, but seeing that I’ve only missed one in the past 12+ years, good chance I will be there. I’ve made the entire trip from Katherines and back. Used to launch at Cottonwood. Now, we like to launch at Willow and run down to Cottonwood, meet up and run up with everyone.

Riverryder

Reaction score
View attachment 836322 View attachment 836321 View attachment 836320
Don’t know what my calendar looks like 7 months from now, but seeing that I’ve only missed one in the past 12+ years, good chance I will be there. I’ve made the entire trip from Katherines and back. Used to launch at Cottonwood. Now, we like to launch at Willow and run down to Cottonwood, meet up and run up with everyone.

I would be in to launch at Willow with you!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Have taken my 22 deck through there many times once with Jeep Dog and family easy run

In whitecaps? Oh glass like he posted? Just always wondered how decks do in white caps?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
In whitecaps? Oh glass like he posted? Just always wondered how decks do in white caps?

White caps is gonna be tough in a 22. Last time it got rough I actually hid behind 255hallet. His deck ate it up.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I would be in to launch at Willow with you!!

When, in memory of, ZecCom makes his official announcement and we get close to the date I will post up the time I’m gonna launch. We can meet up and run down together.

Reactions: DWC

Riverryder

Reaction score
When, in memory of, ZecCom makes his official announcement and we get close to the date I will post up the time I’m gonna launch. We can meet up and run down together.

Sounds good to Me!! Sounds like so much fun! Might do a Prerun sometime before the official event!

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Lake is wide open, your post is a little confusing ....the river stops at Davis dam

You’re right, I call everything north of the main lake the river, even though I’m technically wrong.
I guess what I was asking was, is northern Mohave as tricky to navagate as northern Havasu for people who’ve never been?

Riverryder

Reaction score

North of willow is tricky only have been up
With jet skis. But was kind of scary looking at some times. But south of willow your good.

Hallett285

Reaction score
White caps is gonna be tough in a 22. Last time it got rough I actually hid behind 255hallet. His deck ate it up.
I stayed behind him also. [emoji1787] It was smooth.. [emoji570]

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Some pics from last year. Smooth as glass and plenty of water all the way from Katherine's to the Dam
IMG-20190805-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190805-WA0005.jpg