WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

If you became president what are the top 5 things to change?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I’m not “fine” with it. It is a serious concern but it is an issue that will have local consequences (albeit potentially severe local consequences), rather than global consequences. Fossil fuel consumption has both. Ultimately we will probably need to consolidate waste at a facility like Yucca Mountain, but we should be able to continue storing waste on site for a while.

I also want solar on every rooftop and windmills across the landscape and an improved grid to get that electricity to areas where it isn’t being produced and store it for when it is needed, but nuclear will probably always be needed to supplement that.

Nukes are great right up to the point where you have a problem, then you have a problem of epic proportions.
OF everyone that does Nukes the Canadians CANDU seem to be the best safest systems.

Do you currently have any solar installed for electricity or water heating?

UD

Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
zyrmwct8chjszbpnzkvx.jpg

It's a beautiful landscape............isn't it?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The power topic brings to light how the US is working strong to improve our methods to create clean and safe power for our small percentage of the world's population. The big picture is the rest of the world's population and how they get their power. How safe are they going about it? Talk is cheap on how China and 3rd world countries work towards keeping the lights on safely. And we have too many liberal voices making assumptions on things being done environmentally safe. Where is the concern on the track records of these places like China where the air is so foul, they had to nearly shut it all down when the world came to call for he Olympics?

Trump is attacked for backing out of the world environment agreement that was glad handed by his predecessor. He and our nation are scolded by a precocious munchkin created by her sick parents over our environmental action. But we see that rest of the world issue is they are not as safety conscious or selective on how they power their nations. But Trump backing out is his message to the world that the US is not going to play along with those who talk the talk, yet do not live up to that talk and pollute heavily.

We can keep our area clean and strive for long term environmental safeguards, but we are but a drp in the bucket when the rest of the world abuses those safeguards.

Trump is putting the foot down on behalf of the US to get the rest in line, yet is condemned and criticized by the blind haters who are hypocrites if they don't call out the Chinese and others who are dirty as all hell and destroy the environment. Look at the examples in Japan whose nuclear issue is still polluting with no solution after several years. How many lesser nations than Japan are we going to trust to do things right? How many terrorist nests can we feel safe with leaving these potential world threatening decisions with?

Make no mistake when Trump says the US needs to start looking out for our own best interests. Those interests involve how the growing populations of the 3rd world and others make their power. We are the world leaders hands down in doing it right, we need to find ways to insure the rest of the world follows suit. And that is not a matter of playing games with treaties they don't adhere to and it ain't about sending them money to build with......Trump gets it and is doing his job. The idiots on the left need to wake up to that and quit playing political games here while the the world slowly destroys the entirety. This is a prime example of what he means by putting the US first.

Old Texan

Reaction score
zyrmwct8chjszbpnzkvx.jpg

It's a beautiful landscape............isn't it?
And sad just how little power is produced from that group of fans.....We do not learn in the name of "feel good" methods. They sound good, but solve nothing long term. Spend that money on serious alternatives.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
And sad just how little power is produced from that group of fans.....We do not learn in the name of "feel good" methods. They sound good, but solve nothing long term. Spend that money on serious alternatives.

A solar panel farm on the backside of a mountain (like the copper mountain install) with no moving parts is a much simpler, much better alternative than complex set ups like Ivanpah, or giant wind turbines with bus sized gearboxes

Nevada_Solar_One.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
The 40 thru Barstow might be the long way.Only way for us.
4F2FD601-F09B-419F-B3D7-F93F8263705E.jpeg

10 Gateway to LA.Disgrace.

Last edited:

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
On the other hand it’s run over the course of a couple hours versus decades. Kinda like testing a new cancer drug on a few cells in a Petri dish or a mouse rather than humans. The design is simplified but demonstrate a principle which applies to more complex systems. Obviously planets are the true system of interest and as I’ve said before we can look at the geological history of Venus to see what runaway greenhouse gas production does to the climate, but none of us HERE can do that directly. This is a simple way for someone like Yuma who doesn’t believe CO2 can capture solar energy can see personally that it does and being forced to accept the word of untrusted scientists, media, or politicians.
CO2 is not a "greenhouse" gas just because you and a bunch of NWO fags say it is.
yy.gif

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Raining on the coast, snowing in the mountains. We have a little property in the Cascades where we’re camping tonight and going skiing in the morning. I like being able to drive to winter rather than live in it.
Don't you have some Cub Scouts to take on a planned parenthood baby chop shop tour and extoll the virtues killing your own offspring followed by a lecture on lucrative business opportunities of dead baby organ harvesting or something?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Guess you’re smarter than all of NASA and that’s why it just isn’t worth your time to offer any argument other than profanity. Your intellect is truly staggering, sir.

Funny, you always resort to distraction without answering the questions, those answers would reveal the actual truth and science behind your crackpot youtube video bullshit.

I am quite sure of my own intelligence, you just dodge any real questions by claiming Nasa supports your views....you could not be more incorrect.

I am blessed and work and am friends with some of the brightest minds on the earth, scientists and engineers who put ships into space and design, fabricate and test those next gen systems.

Your feeble grasp on media "science" is laughable. You should ask for your money back from whatever college that stole from you.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Funny, you always resort to distraction without answering the questions, those answers would reveal the actual truth and science behind your crackpot youtube video bullshit.

I am quite sure of my own intelligence, you just dodge any real questions by claiming Nasa supports your views....you could not be more incorrect.

I am blessed and work and am friends with some of the brightest minds on the earth, scientists and engineers who put ships into space and design, fabricate and test those next gen systems.

Your feeble grasp on media "science" is laughable. You should ask for your money back from whatever college that stole from you.
That's what's so comical about these deals. I have been onsite in maybe 100 plus power plants of every type in the past 30 years. The facts I post come from the engineers and scientists that run the industry. Not some internet site, googled up to make an argument against what the experts know as fact.

NASA data might be used, but it's to often massaged by an article's author to make his point.

More than once I've asked the experts questions on news articles and they just shake their heads at how stats are twisted or only part of facts are told or more often taken out of context.

Though retired, I still keep up with many of the engineers and others that develop and refine technology that powers the world. So much of the actual story never makes the news and today's media lacks the intelligence to report things accurately. A lot of the stats used are outdated and inaccurate as technology advances and improves.

And politics have far more to do with what does or doesn't work than most realize. Just like coal, the left doesn't want it to be used in the US but never said a thing when O shipped record amounts to China. Games they play.....:(:rolleyes:

RCDave

Reaction score
Venus greenhouse atmosphere was completely caused by changes in the sun coupled with venus distance from the sun.

Totally not comparable to earth.

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
Nukes are great right up to the point where you have a problem, then you have a problem of epic proportions.
OF everyone that does Nukes the Canadians CANDU seem to be the best safest systems.

Do you currently have any solar installed for electricity or water heating?

UD
Not yet. I was told rewiring my knob and tube wiring and adding insulation was the most energy efficiency I could achieve in Phase 1. That cost me the money I’d planned to use on solar, but I hope to revisit installing solar in a couple years. In the meantime, my electricity all comes from Columbia River dams so it’s still pretty green.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Incorrect. May
Venus greenhouse atmosphere was completely caused by changes in the sun coupled with venus distance from the sun.

Totally not comparable to earth.
Incorrect. Perhaps you could cruise on over to NASAs website and get yourself a little lesson in planetology. Need a link or can you find it yourself?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
The power topic brings to light how the US is working strong to improve our methods to create clean and safe power for our small percentage of the world's population. The big picture is the rest of the world's population and how they get their power. How safe are they going about it? Talk is cheap on how China and 3rd world countries work towards keeping the lights on safely. And we have too many liberal voices making assumptions on things being done environmentally safe. Where is the concern on the track records of these places like China where the air is so foul, they had to nearly shut it all down when the world came to call for he Olympics?

Trump is attacked for backing out of the world environment agreement that was glad handed by his predecessor. He and our nation are scolded by a precocious munchkin created by her sick parents over our environmental action. But we see that rest of the world issue is they are not as safety conscious or selective on how they power their nations. But Trump backing out is his message to the world that the US is not going to play along with those who talk the talk, yet do not live up to that talk and pollute heavily.

We can keep our area clean and strive for long term environmental safeguards, but we are but a drp in the bucket when the rest of the world abuses those safeguards.

Trump is putting the foot down on behalf of the US to get the rest in line, yet is condemned and criticized by the blind haters who are hypocrites if they don't call out the Chinese and others who are dirty as all hell and destroy the environment. Look at the examples in Japan whose nuclear issue is still polluting with no solution after several years. How many lesser nations than Japan are we going to trust to do things right? How many terrorist nests can we feel safe with leaving these potential world threatening decisions with?

Make no mistake when Trump says the US needs to start looking out for our own best interests. Those interests involve how the growing populations of the 3rd world and others make their power. We are the world leaders hands down in doing it right, we need to find ways to insure the rest of the world follows suit. And that is not a matter of playing games with treaties they don't adhere to and it ain't about sending them money to build with......Trump gets it and is doing his job. The idiots on the left need to wake up to that and quit playing political games here while the the world slowly destroys the entirety. This is a prime example of what he means by putting the US first.
The world needs a leader. I’d like the US to stay in that role.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score

Here you go, buddy. NASA is deeply involved in studying the root causes and solutions for man-made climate change. You’re just trapped in an echo chamber.

https://climate.nasa.gov/

Old Texan

Reaction score
The world needs a leader. I’d like the US to stay in that role.
Apparently we are and leading by example. Problem is, too many nations do not have the responsibity to follow with actions, just talk unless we fund things. It takes hard "love", just like with spoiled children.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Here you go, buddy. NASA is deeply involved in studying the root causes and solutions for man-made climate change. You’re just trapped in an echo chamber.

https://climate.nasa.gov/

ROFL scrubs that want to stay in their cushy gov jobs. That website is strictly intended to appease such base idiots as yourself, to show that a percentage of their budget is being used to go along with myth and fanatics such as yourself. They are smarter than you, don't want to have to beat their way through antifa crowds on the way to work.

Yet another dodge, do you ever get tired of running stooge?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
ROFL scrubs that want to stay in their cushy gov jobs. That website is strictly intended to appease such base idiots as yourself, to show that a percentage of their budget is being used to go along with myth and fanatics such as yourself. They are smarter than you, don't want to have to beat their way through antifa crowds on the way to work.

Yet another dodge, do you ever get tired of running stooge?
I can explain it for you but I can’t understand it for you.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Typical liberal tripe.....They can tell us everything that is wrong, yet have no realistic solutions. They are quick to condemn fossil fuel for power and transportation needs, yet fail to realize their alternate solutions will require fossil fuel products to manufacture components.

They cannot realize ag products like hemp ain't gonna replace plastics. Equipment and vehicles ain't gonna run on corn or even be able to produce enough to offset the cost of growing corn.

Hard to improve technology if you don't under stand technology.....:rolleyes:

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Typical liberal tripe.....They can tell us everything that is wrong, yet have no realistic solutions. They are quick to condemn fossil fuel for power and transportation needs, yet fail to realize their alternate solutions will require fossil fuel products to manufacture components.

They cannot realize ag products like hemp ain't gonna replace plastics. Equipment and vehicles ain't gonna run on corn or even be able to produce enough to offset the cost of growing corn.

Hard to improve technology if you don't under stand technology.....:rolleyes:

de-icing-wind-turbine.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
Incorrect. May

Incorrect. Perhaps you could cruise on over to NASAs website and get yourself a little lesson in planetology. Need a link or can you find it yourself?

No I took REAL science classes and a multitude of astronomy classes. Plus my dad was a rocket scientist for 50 years.

You really should pull your head out of fake science back passages. It would do wonders for your health. Lol

P.s. research how NASA and NOA was caught red handed falsifying global atmospheric readings to support your global warming hoax

Last edited:

saucedaddy

Reaction score
No I took REAL science classes and a multitude of astronomy classes. Plus my dad was a rocket scientist for 50 years.

You really should pull your head out of fake science back passages. It would do wonders for your health. Lol

P.s. research how NASA and NOA was caught red handed falsifying global atmospheric readings to support your global warming hoax
Millennialism at its finest! “I took REAL science classes and a multitude of astronomy classes“. Lol
2946F2FB-FA00-49AD-868D-AD4391C43B4E.jpeg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not yet. I was told rewiring my knob and tube wiring and adding insulation was the most energy efficiency I could achieve in Phase 1. That cost me the money I’d planned to use on solar, but I hope to revisit installing solar in a couple years. In the meantime, my electricity all comes from Columbia River dams so it’s still pretty green.

So you want to legislate that everyone must invest in what you have not, or are you thinking the money will come from somewhere else?

Insulation is a good start for sure.
I took advantage of LADWP's program and insulated to R30 for about 150 bucks.

Curious...what kind of insulation did you go with and what is the R factor?

Dams may produce green energy, but the energy needed to create and deliver portland cement is mind-boggling - there also exists a tendency for business and industry to get lots of a given dams output for reduced or subsidized prices (ALCOA comes to mind) and for them to negatively effect fish populations so programs exist to move fish all over not to save the fish - but to save the dams.

UD

IMG_0042.jpg

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
So you want to legislate that everyone must invest in what you have not, or are you thinking the money will come from somewhere else?

Insulation is a good start for sure.
I took advantage of LADWP's program and insulated to R30 for about 150 bucks.

Curious...what kind of insulation did you go with and what is the R factor?

Dams may produce green energy, but the energy needed to create and deliver portland cement is mind-boggling - there also exists a tendency for business and industry to get lots of a given dams output for reduced or subsidized prices (ALCOA comes to mind) and for them to negatively effect fish populations so programs exist to move fish all over not to save the fish - but to save the dams.

UD

View attachment 836655
I favor significant tax credits for those who voluntarily upgrade and favor mandatory installs on all new construction. We spent a little less than $4000 on R-38 blown in fibergalss wherever possible, but they also had to use rigid insulation in several areas and install multiple vents, etc. The house was built in 1942 with virtually no insulation and some weird attic space. The majority of what we spent was on electrical upgrades necessary before we could insulate- we had knob and tube wiring which had to be torn out and replaced. That and a few optional upgrades cost us about $12k. Still evaluating our new electrical usage but looks like its gone from about $200 in winter months to about $90. We heat with a mix of electric and gas stove, and propane bill also seems to be much lower this winter. Hoping to see a few grand back on our tax bill and there's a good chance we'll plow that back into solar install at some point in the not too distant future. Washington is not optimal for solar in the winter, but we'll be selling electricity to the utility company all summer long. It will more than pay for itself over the coming decades.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score

"Real science classes and a MULTITUDE of astonomy classes"? Do tell. Why don't you post up some of your denier science on how Venus's atmosphere is not an example of runaway global warming- I'd like to see that. I assume you have research like that from "Nature" or one of the other premier scientific journals you must have read frequently when you were taking real science classes and a multitude of astonomy classes.

You talking about this or some other debunking climate skeptic argument? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nasa-climate-change-admission/

saucedaddy

Reaction score
That would be none of your business. Lol. Nor would I care to share any personal info with you. Especially given your dubious track record
I thought CTG was the P&G “Mr All-Knowing, All Everything, All Day”? Guess Daddy was wrong and it’s Big OldTimer RC!;)
8190FAE6-16E1-433E-9862-A320342D87B3.jpeg

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
"Real science classes and a MULTITUDE of astonomy classes"? Do tell. Why don't you post up some of your denier science on how Venus's atmosphere is not an example of runaway global warming- I'd like to see that. I assume you have research like that from "Nature" or one of the other premier scientific journals you must have read frequently when you were taking real science classes and a multitude of astonomy classes.

You talking about this or some other debunking climate skeptic argument? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nasa-climate-change-admission/
Fucking snopes. You are dense aren't you?
You gonna answer my questions on NASA's founding history there Einstein or just keep citing retarded, biased, left wing, discredited "fact check" sites that everyone knows are bogus?

RCDave

Reaction score

Information is out there. All one has to do is let it in....something you cant seem to manage due to being programmed by your leftist masters.

Your assertion that venus atmosphere is an way similar to earth, as it relates to the global warming hoax, is completely laughable. The reason for venus high temps is purely a function of the atmospheric pressure on that planet.

This stuff has been widely known for many decades and was taught in the science classes I attended. Elementary information.....along with the fact that the as pressures increase, the by product is heat. Another basic principle that anyone taking a basic science class understands....duh

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-debunks-global-warming-theory/

Last edited:

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Information is out there. All one has to do is let it in....something you cant seem to manage due to being programmed by your leftist masters.

Your assertion that venus atmosphere is an way similar to earth, as it relates to the global warming hoax, is completely laughable. The reason for venus high temps is purely a function of the atmospheric pressure on that planet.

This stuff has been widely known for many decades and was taught in the science classes I attended. Elementary information.....

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-debunks-global-warming-theory/
Fuck me RC, your swinging a Fungo bat while Daddy’s swinging 54oz Hickory! Your posting up “Tony Heller” rubbish? Btw.. it’s “Steve Goddard”, the CTG freak had to change his name to fool you gullible freaks!
B850A880-172C-411F-8F13-0C70B6142C05.gif