WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shop floor painting?

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
I want to make a improvement on a 20 year old shop floor that has had a couple of coatings in the past without breaking the bank. The floor is concrete with cracks and such but I
20191129_142239.jpg
don't really care about that I just would like to make it at least look uniform again, not interested in the trick high gloss epoxy finishes just a solid flat color that would bond to old paint. I have machine sanded it to get the loose materials up and knock down the high spots....Any ideas?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I want to make a improvement on a 20 year old shop floor that has had a couple of coatings in the past without breaking the bank. The floor is concrete with cracks and such but I View attachment 839257 don't really care about that I just would like to make it at least look uniform again, not interested in the trick high gloss epoxy finishes just a solid flat color that would bond to old paint. I have machine sanded it to get the loose materials up and knock down the high spots....Any ideas?
Rustoium makes a floor and proch paint. It works pretty good. It is even drivable after 2 weeks. Its pretty cheap. Like $40/ gallon and you ~500 sqft on smooth concrete. Its tintable to almost anything. Its does not handle " hot" solvents very well. Other than that its bullet proof

checkrd past

Reaction score
Our finished shop floors looked great the first year but after that I wished we would have just stayed with cleaned concrete.now its a huge job to go back. My 2 cents

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've always wanted to do this to our garage.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
Our finished shop floors looked great the first year but after that I wished we would have just stayed with cleaned concrete.now its a huge job to go back. My 2 cents
Ya and I would do the same but it has been painted in the past and to get it back to bare would be a bitch and there are many areas that have had fasteners in the floor and cracks and such, it just looks like shit now and I'm cleaning up the walls, new lighting so I want to do something with the floor even if I have to touch it up now and then

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Rustoium makes a floor and proch paint. It works pretty good. It is even drivable after 2 weeks. Its pretty cheap. Like $40/ gallon and you ~500 sqft on smooth concrete. Its tintable to almost anything. Its does not handle " hot" solvents very well. Other than that its bullet proof

Define "Hot Solvent" and please elaborate on "bullet proof"
What type of prep work is needed?

Thanks

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Back in the day I used to put down "Pebble" on many Garage floors. Always wondered why would somebody do this?
I guess it was a better option than carpet but far from extra slippery VCT?
It all depends if one wants to run steel caster with heavy loads around as to what gets put down.
Buy once cry once is my opinion..:)

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Define "Hot Solvent" and please elaborate on "bullet proof"
What type of prep work is needed?

Thanks
Clean, acid eche. Hot slovents are organic sovlents that have low flash points and very volatile. Actone, mek, dcm, petroleum distillates and etc. As far as bullet proof, it will handle anything that you the averagr person will throw at it. Things like foot traffic, parking, sawdust, cleaning chemicals, some draging and etc. If you are going to do things like heavier mechanic work, welding, grinding and etc. It will not handle that.

The op was looking for a cheap and dirty solution. That what it is, a single component urthane. Its not an epoxy and should not be treated as such. Its just a very thin and durable paint that has a super fast dry time, but long cure time.