WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Aquarium redo

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Was totally overgrown and full of the bastards that got my eye. Going with primarily SPS (small polyp stony) coral now. Definitely no zoanthids or palytoas. In a year it will look bad ass again.
Before:
244DEC18-0F8E-4907-ABEE-716DE0EC16A7.jpeg

After:
D8B87D44-47A4-43A0-8396-85B209E9DA84.jpeg

Traded the corals and rock for new rock and free labor. I didn’t do a thing. Pretty stoked on how it turned out. I can’t begin to explain how good it feels to have that bad shit gone.

BONER

Reaction score
I just cant get into Corals. Not much excitement for me.

I do however have my eyes on a 280gal Setup ready to go at my LFS. Saw it yesterday while getting water. I want a Grouper Tank so bad.

Reactions: BTR

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

I do however have my eyes on a 280gal Setup ready to go at my LFS. Saw it yesterday while getting water. I want a Grouper Tank so bad.

I have little patience myself but like the challenge and results down the road. It is kind of cool to see them grow and expand.

Boat211

Reaction score
My tank is going to get a makeover this week as well.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

Lots of guys like softys that dont want to deal with the stonies. Things like pulsating xena which is a weed for most reefers is awesome for some as it gives crazy movment too the tank. Same woth gsp and shrooms.

I assume you want a panther grouper,

Always loved them, but they get big. Like 2.5'

BONER

Reaction score
I have little patience myself but like the challenge and results down the road. It is kind of cool to see them grow and expand.

Don't get me wrong, they look great, and am sure they're very rewarding. I think it's a movement thing for me. For example, my Clowns bore me. They hangout in one part of the Tank. My Sailfin and Wrasse swim a ton. Maybe it's my anxious, fidgety, hyper Personality too. Who knows Lol.

BONER

Reaction score
Lots of guys like softys that dont want to deal with the stonies. Things like pulsating xena which is a weed for most reefers is awesome for some as it gives crazy movment too the tank. Same woth gsp and shrooms.

I assume you want a panther grouper,

Always loved them, but they get big. Like 2.5'

Panther's are cool. I'm looking at the Bumblebee. I like Snappers too but hard to find the good ones in the Aquarium Trade.

I've had my 40gal for 18 Months now and am hooked. But I want to watch Fish eat other Fish, regularly. Reason I haven't snagged that 280 yet because in Reality, for what I want, it's still too small. Another Reality Check was seeing it person. With Canvas and Stand, it takes up a shit ton of room. I'm seriously considering extending part of my House and building a Tank to fill it up. I'm obsessed!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Panther's are cool. I'm looking at the Bumblebee. I like Snappers too but hard to find the good ones in the Aquarium Trade.

I've had my 40gal for 18 Months now and am hooked. But I want to watch Fish eat other Fish, regularly. Reason I haven't snagged that 280 yet because in Reality, for what I want, it's still too small. Another Reality Check was seeing it person. With Canvas and Stand, it takes up a shit ton of room. I'm seriously considering extending part of my House and building a Tank to fill it up. I'm obsessed!
Check the used market, i have seen stuff go so cheap its not even funny. Lots of guys i know that have bigger fish go with a rubber made stock tank that are like 5' around and 2.5 feet deep. They are 300ish gallons and are pretty cheap. Great way to grow stuff up before you buy a bigger tank.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Wow. The before looks amazing and the after looks like a ton of potential. Makes me miss my 300 gallon peninsula setup.
IMG_20140331_224429.jpg

Had it and cared for it myself for over three years before the costs and time finally got to be more pain tha enjoyment. Miss it often but never seriously thought about doing it again.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Wow. The before looks amazing and the after looks like a ton of potential. Makes me miss my 300 gallon peninsula setup.
View attachment 839259
Had it and cared for it myself for over three years before the costs and time finally got to be more pain tha enjoyment. Miss it often but never seriously thought about doing it again.

Cost? Don’t you own a boat?:D

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Cost? Don’t you own a boat?:D

Don't make me thing about what boating costs me. If I applied logic to boating I would sell all three boats too.

The aquarium cost over $250 a month plus at least three hours. The chiller or heater and lights cost at least $150 in electricity alone. Add fish food, nutrient, water changes, ect and even before anything new or replacing anything that died it was costly.

Boat211

Reaction score
This is before pics. Hopefully it turns out good.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
E7D3FB24-03DF-4C6F-8E28-F55B4D9E82E9.jpeg

Kind of hard to see as they are still small but 7 new corals added. Grow baby grow.