WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The road to Glamis!!

fishing fool

Reaction score
I think the canned ham has a better chance of pulling anything out over that 4X2 F-150....... The canned ham is chipped.... F-150 is stock.

Brought the almighty F150 in case you stick the moho:p

...and that's why I want a toter...have a couple trailers, can haul damn near anything, but no decent living quarters. In time;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think the canned ham has a better chance of pulling anything out over that 4X2 F-150....... The canned ham is chipped.... F-150 is stock.

Actually neither of them do...

You need weight and traction to unstick a MH.

We watched some guy with a turbo charged Toyota try to unstick a MH in Glamis one time. He couldn't even budge it.

We got it out with my F350 and a snap strap. Felt like my truck flew up in the air the first time I snapped him! LoL

It was a Class C deal too. You'd need a BIG tow truck for that thing RD is in.

Is Andrew still around? :p

Gelcoater

Reaction score

We watched some guy with a turbo charged Toyota try to unstick a MH in Glamis one time. He couldn't even budge it.

We got it out with my F350 and a snap strap. Felt like my truck flew up in the air the first time I snapped him! LoL

Coaches like that don’t usually have a decent attachment point on the front either, leaving the trailer hitch out back as the least damaging spot to hook up.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Coaches like that don’t usually have a decent attachment point on the front either, leaving the trailer hitch out back as the least damaging spot to hook up.
We were camped in wash six a few years ago and were woke up to some commotion by our camp. I went out with a flash light just in time to see a generator tray with generator yanked out of the front of a diesel pusher. Seems the guy had his wife hook the strap up and she wound it up on the tray. The guy in the truck got a running start and boom. That’s when the fight started. I think the wife walked home.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We were camped in wash six a few years ago and were woke up to some commotion by our camp. I went out with a flash light just in time to see a generator tray with generator yanked out of the front of a diesel pusher. Seems the guy had his wife hook the strap up and she wound it up on the tray. The guy in the truck got a running start and boom. That’s when the fight started. I think the wife walked home.

Classic. LoL

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Watched and helped a 2500 Duramax pull out a pusher about as big as that one RD has in Pismo. Duramax aired down to 20 psi, dug out some sand from the moho tires, put the DMax in 4HI, and told the moho driver to just barely make the tires turn. Popped him right out without issue. Weight isn't needed as long as RD isn't an idiot and buries it to the frame, it's simple.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Watched and helped a 2500 Duramax pull out a pusher about as big as that one RD has in Pismo. Duramax aired down to 20 psi, dug out some sand from the moho tires, put the DMax in 4HI, and told the moho driver to just barely make the tires turn. Popped him right out without issue. Weight isn't needed as long as RD isn't an idiot and buries it to the frame, it's simple.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I get ya (even though I've never seen a big MH in Pismo, but I do believe you)...

The sand in Glamis is like baby powder. Pismo sand is wet.

It does make a difference.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I get ya (even though I've never seen a big MH in Pismo, but I do believe you)...

I have. They were close to the water. Like tires got a little wet at highest tide wet.
Had never seen it before.
They left the day after we got there, along with most others. Just the way we planned it.:cool:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I know. I've been in and helped stuck people in both. Where that motorhome was stuck was REALLY soft for Pismo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
So how’s the motorhome working out??

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

FB_IMG_1580621892851.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've duned...but aren't you supposed corner over and roll in...or go for the "hold my beer" launch?
:)
We rode coral pink a few years ago and that was the biggest thing i couldnt get my head around, down here we dune by dipping in and rolling out, in utah everybody would just climb the face and drop off the back. It would trip me up seeing every dune have tire tracks going straight up the face and straight down the back

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Is glamis pretty empty with the super bowl on today?

what a great weekend to be out there. Weathers awesome.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score

my experience is glamis sand is easier to drive over. I camp 3/4 mile off gecko in the sand and use a certain air pressure climb a slight hill with no worry.

Now pismo I need to go 5 pounds lower and it’s still a struggle and that’s on flat. Think sand at pismo is also finer. My last trip was just truck and jet ski what would have got me over sand got me stuck aired down drove out though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went to the drags last night and then tracked down Preston’s camp and had beers..

The big dunes on the way there with a helmet on we’re making me car sick..

We ended up coming back AZ style. Lol. I just told him I’d pay the damn tickets if we got caught.

157096DB-05F4-4F17-8A84-87DFE04CAFBA.jpeg

Robert has this stuff you put in the campfire and it turns it all sorts of colors. Kids got a kick out of it.
409E5F60-0D06-4A16-AE0B-C68BDD6EA7EC.jpeg

Tequila shots
3C4950CA-F363-4B3C-B614-9767D27E7AF1.jpeg
F697DB1C-EC94-4B28-BE47-67AADCE4508B.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So we heard music coming from somewhere and what sounded like a giant party... and I like parties. :D

I guess it’s not to common to drive into other peoples camps. So Robert was yelling at me “what the f r u doing?” Lol. I didn’t know that, and I still don’t see what the big deal is. It seemed to work out fine.

We met a bunch of cool people that are also on RDP.

We weren’t there thirty seconds before jeager bombs, captain and cokes and other cocktails were coming out.

Music Generator
41E22EF2-1687-451A-8492-5C72650CA1E2.jpeg
882205DB-A9E1-43C2-9005-A6D7E999B607.jpeg

Sponsored by Kicker.

26147B33-B4A7-482F-B010-388356A43D35.jpeg
18157CE8-40DB-48FD-B335-FA5917D874A9.jpeg
FDD341C6-1F06-4DB6-BF49-F82957D10CE0.jpeg
02D4077E-9492-44AC-9577-83E4A90FD906.jpeg

This is Dave, he built the big music Box / Bar deal.

A6ED3153-2248-40E0-A64E-C5B90C96604E.jpeg

When we got back to our camp I was literally spinning from those jeager bombs. Good lord. Lol

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Coming back late night through the big dunes.. I have no idea how Robert know where the f we are going. Lol.

That said I was getting car sick through these things.

Big dunes...

That's funny!

You guys went to all the places I do my best to avoid. No wonder you hate the place!

:p

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Coming back late night through the big dunes.. I have no idea how Robert know where the f we are going. Lol.

That said I was getting car sick through these things.

Without GPS, the easiest way to find your way is to get to a high spot and look for Glamis store. It has a tower with a beacon.

Icky

Reaction score
Without GPS, the easiest way to find your way is to get to a high spot and look for Glamis store. It has a tower with a beacon.
Mountain range to the right of the beach store if you're looking that direction has lights on it as well.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Looks like a great time , as always .

I'm heading out next Sunday through Wednesday. Yeah!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Big dunes...

That's funny!

You guys went to all the places I do my best to avoid. No wonder you hate the place!

Word! Lol.

And, Dave?
I’ve noticed some folks that get car sick in the starboard seat don’t get sick when they drive;)

Personally, I think part of the reason you’re not having fun is you don’t have gears to shift.:cool:

I bet Joe and/or I could show you a completely different Glamis.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Word! Lol.

And, Dave?
I’ve noticed some folks that get car sick in the starboard seat don’t get sick when they drive;)

Personally, I think part of the reason you’re not having fun is you don’t have gears to shift.:cool:

I bet Joe and/or I could show you a completely different Glamis.

I drive out to Olds etc.. I started having beers when we got back and they wanted to run back to the drags so Tyler drove.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Big dunes...

That's funny!

Well when we were on the top of them we could see all around, so I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be the “big dunes?” Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On that note my trailer got stuck on the ball, and holy shit balls is that a pain in the ass when you are dealing with a motorhome. Lol. 45 minutes and finally help from a neighbor to get it off..

I am wore out, taking a shower and going to bed.
3E476F2C-C45E-4C32-B073-CDC9BBB18CCE.jpeg